Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 02:01 PM   #1021
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Honestly speaking, I believe Bill Callahan is far & away the best coach on this staff.
Callahan is a good coach but he not as good his reputation. He is the biggest issue with the running game. The running game and passing game does not synch with each out.

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2019, 02:05 PM   #1022
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I agree, BA really does the numbers like contracts and stuff. I think Dan is still pulling a lot of personal decisions but it is wildly unpopular for him to be seen doing that publicly that is why BA is his mouthpiece.

This team will never be healthy until Dan takes a hike.

Schaffer is the contracts/numbers guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #1023
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
But all these “reports” that we all keep reading don’t mean squat until something actually happens.....and three weeks into the offseason NOTHING has. Meanwhile everyone else is making moves, interviewing coaches, and settling their staffs.....

At this point I’ll believe it when I see it, but with Gruden announcing he’ll be back, and the fact that Snyder could have made a decision on Bruce at ANY time during the season, and didn’t, tells me nothing is changing.

I understand that you won't believe it until you see it, but that doesn't mean the reports themselves are inaccurate.

A person can intend and plan to get divorced for months, or even years, before actually going through with it.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:12 PM   #1024
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
Callahan is a good coach but he not as good his reputation. He is the biggest issue with the running game. The running game and passing game does not synch with each out.
I think the "out of synch" situation could be due to our convoluted style of play calling. We have Jay who calls the plays, but Callahan chooses which specific runs? and O'Connell is the Passing game coordinator?

It's much like our front office. Too many cooks in the kitchen.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:12 PM   #1025
Ruhskins
Living Legend

From JP Findlay:

@JPFinlayNBCS
One name to keep in mind to replace Ben Kotwica as #Redskins special teams coach - Larry Izzo. Won Super Bowls w the Pats as a player, was STC w Texans for 2 seasons, asst STC in Seattle now. 3x Pro Bowl special teamer.
R.I.P. #21
Old 01-10-2019, 04:23 PM   #1026
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

This is only speculation.....but it appears that Tomsula and Callahan have had enough of the crap with the Redskins....

https://riggosrag.com/2019/01/09/rum...eave-redskins/
Old 01-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #1027
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Per Chris Russell on 106.7 the Fan: "There have been discussions within the building regarding Gregg Williams. After missing out on Bowles, Williams now moves to the top of the list [as defensive coordinator]" #Redskins

Old 01-10-2019, 04:31 PM   #1028
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

106.7 The Fan
@1067theFan
·
21h
Per
@Russellmania621
, Bill Callahan and Jim Tomsula could be next to flee #Redskins Park: "What I was told at the time was they are done, they are tired of the three-ring circus. They don't want to be here."

Old 01-10-2019, 04:33 PM   #1029
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

There's talk at Redskin Park about seeking out Gregg Williams for DC.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gcarmi21/...38739353567232
Old 01-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #1030
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

When something happens (assuming anything does) this board will be all hyped up. And DS/BA/JG will go back to winning the offseason and losing the regular.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:52 PM   #1031
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
When something happens (assuming anything does) this board will be all hyped up. And DS/BA/JG will go back to winning the offseason and losing the regular.
It's a shame how true this is. Just the idea of a new d-coordinator is making me forget how crappy upper management is.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:54 PM   #1032
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
From JP Findlay:

@JPFinlayNBCS
One name to keep in mind to replace Ben Kotwica as #Redskins special teams coach - Larry Izzo. Won Super Bowls w the Pats as a player, was STC w Texans for 2 seasons, asst STC in Seattle now. 3x Pro Bowl special teamer.
It was early spring of 2005 and I was deployed to Afghanistan. Kabul to be precise. In Bagram AFB they were having the ribbon cutting ceremony on the Pat Tillman USO center. I hopped a convoy to Bagram and was in the 3rd or 4th row out from the stage.

Attending the ceremony were a few NFL players. Most notably, Warrick Dunn and....yup....Larry Izzo.

Near the end of the ceremony, Dunn and Izzo started tossing mini footballs to the troops. I felt something hit my kevlar vest near my left shoulder and for half a second I thought someone had taken a shot at me. Looked down next to my boot and there was a Super Bowl ring. Izzos ring slipped off while tossing the footballs and it had hit me. I took a picture of it on my right hand ring finger and walked it back to him. He signed a mini-football right there and gave it to me. Still have it with all my other military memorabilia.

Highlight of that deployment.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:57 PM   #1033
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Disco
@discoque5
·
21h
I still think it's notable that Chris Cooley was a part of an end of year meeting that Jay Gruden wasn't. That strikes me as odd. Why would you not include your HC, but include a member of the media, albeit one with good football knowledge. Where there's smoke...#Redskins #HTTR

Old 01-10-2019, 05:02 PM   #1034
gibbsrcnfan
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's a shame how true this is. Just the idea of a new d-coordinator is making me forget how crappy upper management is.

that's what they do but not me ...pure apathy for me now...

Beavis &Butthead are in charge with southpark as his coaching staff.
but it was just bad luck with injuries right..
Old 01-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #1035
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Disco
@discoque5
·
21h
I still think it's notable that Chris Cooley was a part of an end of year meeting that Jay Gruden wasn't. That strikes me as odd. Why would you not include your HC, but include a member of the media, albeit one with good football knowledge. Where there's smoke...#Redskins #HTTR

Cooley was on Kevin's podcast last week and said he's not taking a role with the team.

As to why Jay wasn't in those meetings - who knows? Perhaps he was meeting with players and his coaches. Perhaps he was upset and didn't want to be there.

Regardless, a week later it was reported Jay would remain as the HC next year. So whatever ambiguity existed between Jay and the FO has since been resolved.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Closed Thread