Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2019, 06:49 PM   #1
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,550
If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Scenario.....Alex Smith goes down in 2018 with a gruesome leg injury....the Redskins draft a QB in the second round...the rookie QB and McCoy both see playing time in 2019....the rookie QB shows tons of promise and leads the Redskins to a wild card win but throws 3 interceptions in the divisional round the next week in a tough loss on the road..next offseason McCoy retires and the rookie has been named the starter heading into 2020....Alex Smith is ready to return but the Redskins decide since Smith hasn't played in a long time its better to relegate him to be the young QB's backup but still have Smith as a team captain...the Redskins start off 6-2 with the young QB in his second year...but in the 9th game of the season he suffers a dislocated patella in his left knee...although the 2nd year QB is out for 4 games Gruden decides to play Smith the rest of the season....the Redskins win a wild card game for the 2nd year in a row...but once again lose in the divsion round the Redskins offense turn the ball over 8 times in the loss despite the defense getting 3 turnovers....Smith tosses 4 interceptions in the game (2) in the red zone and turns the ball over twice on a sack/fumble....going into 2021 do you give the young QB the starting QB job and make him a team captain and release Smith or trade Smith ? Or do you keep Smith on the team and have a QB competition during the 2021 training camp/preseason between both QBs ?
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-16-2019, 07:48 PM   #2
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,355
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins4ever View Post
scenario.....alex smith goes down in 2018 with a gruesome leg injury....the redskins draft a qb in the second round...the rookie qb and mccoy both see playing time in 2019....the rookie qb shows tons of promise and leads the redskins to a wild card win but throws 3 interceptions in the divisional round the next week in a tough loss on the road..next offseason mccoy retires and the rookie has been named the starter heading into 2020....alex smith is ready to return but the redskins decide since smith hasn't played in a long time its better to relegate him to be the young qb's backup but still have smith as a team captain...the redskins start off 6-2 with the young qb in his second year...but in the 9th game of the season he suffers a dislocated patella in his left knee...although the 2nd year qb is out for 4 games gruden decides to play smith the rest of the season....the redskins win a wild card game for the 2nd year in a row...but once again lose in the divsion round the redskins offense turn the ball over 8 times in the loss despite the defense getting 3 turnovers....smith tosses 4 interceptions in the game (2) in the red zone and turns the ball over twice on a sack/fumble....going into 2021 do you give the young qb the starting qb job and make him a team captain and release smith or trade smith ? Or do you keep smith on the team and have a qb competition during the 2021 training camp/preseason between both qbs ?
lmao
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:21 PM   #3
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,550
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
lmao
I know that's a very wild scenario.....😂
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:05 PM   #4
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,796
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Scenario.....Alex Smith goes down in 2018 with a gruesome leg injury....the Redskins draft a QB in the second round...the rookie QB and McCoy both see playing time in 2019....the rookie QB shows tons of promise and leads the Redskins to a wild card win but throws 3 interceptions in the divisional round the next week in a tough loss on the road..next offseason McCoy retires and the rookie has been named the starter heading into 2020....Alex Smith is ready to return but the Redskins decide since Smith hasn't played in a long time its better to relegate him to be the young QB's backup but still have Smith as a team captain...the Redskins start off 6-2 with the young QB in his second year...but in the 9th game of the season he suffers a dislocated patella in his left knee...although the 2nd year QB is out for 4 games Gruden decides to play Smith the rest of the season....the Redskins win a wild card game for the 2nd year in a row...but once again lose in the divsion round the Redskins offense turn the ball over 8 times in the loss despite the defense getting 3 turnovers....Smith tosses 4 interceptions in the game (2) in the red zone and turns the ball over twice on a sack/fumble....going into 2021 do you give the young QB the starting QB job and make him a team captain and release Smith or trade Smith ? Or do you keep Smith on the team and have a QB competition during the 2021 training camp/preseason between both QBs ?
Man I got to get up to DC and check this weed scene out.

Why a dislocated patella? Spice it up a bit?
__________________
The culture is damn good around here.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:13 PM   #5
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,716
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:01 AM   #6
los panda
Pro Bowl
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,163
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops.
Zang!
__________________
9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:39 AM   #7
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,212
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Si ma tante en avait, ça serait mon oncle.

If my auntie had some, she would be my uncle.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:53 AM   #8
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,641
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Slow day huh


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:21 PM   #9
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,408
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

What happened between now and January that got the Redskins winning a play-off game? I would like to hear the rest of the story. I am admittedly pessimistic, that is my nature. Unless the Skins knock it out of the park on draft day I see a lot of Sundays cussing at the TV set and savoring any Redskin victory as I think they will be rare. Trying to look at the bright side the 4-12 (my prediction) 2019 season will get a nice high draft pick with Gruden and Allen sent to the unemployment office.
Buffalo Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:01 PM   #10
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,550
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Man I got to get up to DC and check this weed scene out.

Why a dislocated patella? Spice it up a bit?
In this scenario there had to be a reason Alex gets the starting job back....the young qb has to heal and gets to learn from Smith despite showing promise....and Smith gets to play and help shake off the rust.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #11
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,550
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
What happened between now and January that got the Redskins winning a play-off game? I would like to hear the rest of the story. I am admittedly pessimistic, that is my nature. Unless the Skins knock it out of the park on draft day I see a lot of Sundays cussing at the TV set and savoring any Redskin victory as I think they will be rare. Trying to look at the bright side the 4-12 (my prediction) 2019 season will get a nice high draft pick with Gruden and Allen sent to the unemployment office.
Heading into 2019 I think the team built on what it had done for the 1st 9 games in 2018....they draft a QB, WR, edge rusher and start winning games the next season(2019)......I really do stronngly believe this could really happen....in my fictitious scenario should the Redskins part with Smith or keep him after 2020 ?
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:57 PM   #12
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,408
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Heading into 2019 I think the team built on what it had done for the 1st 9 games in 2018....they draft a QB, WR, edge rusher and start winning games the next season(2019)......I really do stronngly believe this could really happen....in my fictitious scenario should the Redskins part with Smith or keep him after 2020 ?
Looks like you see the first half of 2018 as an indicator of the future and I see the last half as such. I think the 6-3 start last year was built on a house of cards, the Redskins got lots of breaks. Even if Smith doesn't go down that team would not end up continuing that pace and win 10 or 11 games.
Buffalo Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:17 PM   #13
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,550
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Looks like you see the first half of 2018 as an indicator of the future and I see the last half as such. I think the 6-3 start last year was built on a house of cards, the Redskins got lots of breaks. Even if Smith doesn't go down that team would not end up continuing that pace and win 10 or 11 games.
You could be right....but we'll never know for mainly 2 reasons....with Smith the Redskins were leading the division for a number of weeks....and without him the QB play was far less than baboon waste....the QB play was extremely inferior including the games McCoy played....I could see the Redskins falling apart and going 6-3 to 9-7
losing very close games with Smith....

Part of it was with the offense being unable to sustain drives with McCoy, Sanchez, & Johnson it caused the defense to stay out on the field for far too long....so the defense was tired a lot the second half of the 2018 season....with Alex the offense was able to sustain drives and the defense was rested and did what it needed to do when they were out on the field.....the entire team collapsed after Alex's leg injury.....at worst I think they could've finished 10-6 with Smith.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:13 PM   #14
OnceWeWereKings
Impact Rookie
 
OnceWeWereKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 526
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Tl;dr.
Smith's done and we are sub mediocre aside from the abysmal qb situation.
__________________
To beer, or not to beer? That is the ques.....oh, look...a beer.
OnceWeWereKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:45 PM   #15
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19,762
Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.23787 seconds with 11 queries