Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-u-...185812955.html

Former U.S. Attorney Tells Congress Trump Committed ‘Multiple Crimes’

Politics
Former U.S. Attorney Tells Congress Trump Committed ‘Multiple Crimes’
The Daily Beast By Barbara McQuade,The Daily Beast Mon, Jun 10 2:58 PM EDT
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

Andrew Harnik/AP
Statement as prepared for testimony before the House Judiciary Committee.

Chairman Nadler, Ranking Member Collins, and distinguished members of the Committee: Thank you for inviting me to speak with you today about lessons from the Mueller Report regarding obstruction of justice.

Overview of Testimony
The most significant finding in the Special Counsel’s Report is that Russia interfered with our election in “sweeping and systematic fashion.”

Through that lens, I will share 2 observations about the report—

What happened and why it matters.

First, the conduct described in the report constitutes multiple crimes of obstruction of justice, supported by evidence of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

If anyone other than a sitting president had committed this conduct, I am confident that he would be charged with crimes.

One thousand former federal prosecutors signed a letter agreeing that the president committed crimes.

Second, why it matters.

The obstruction described in the report created a risk to our national security because it was designed to prevent investigators from learning all of the facts about an attack on our country by a hostile foreign adversary.

hit the link to read more.............................
Prosecutors prosecute, it's not unsurprising that they see the burden of reasonable doubt met. Let's get 1000 former defense lawyers to agree that a crime of obstruction was committed based on the Mueller report (including the exculpatory evidence within that the Daily Beast did not delve into).

Personally, if the House wants to impeach him, I think they should. They should call Mueller to testify about the report and allow the evidence to be viewed cross-examined.

And if in the end, the burden of proof is met, the Senate should execute it's duties aside from political partisanship.

But I stand by the fact that until he is found guilty by the Senate, our system of justice demands that everyone acknowledge that Trump has not been found guilty (regardless if 10,000 prosecutors swore on a stack of 10,000 Bibles and said it was enough), and is therefore innocent - not just "not charged".
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-12-2019, 03:16 PM   #1667
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Prosecutors prosecute, it's not unsurprising that they see the burden of reasonable doubt met. Let's get 1000 former defense lawyers to agree that a crime of obstruction was committed based on the Mueller report (including the exculpatory evidence within that the Daily Beast did not delve into).

Personally, if the House wants to impeach him, I think they should. They should call Mueller to testify about the report and allow the evidence to be viewed cross-examined.

And if in the end, the burden of proof is met, the Senate should execute it's duties aside from political partisanship.

But I stand by the fact that until he is found guilty by the Senate, our system of justice demands that everyone acknowledge that Trump has not been found guilty (regardless if 10,000 prosecutors swore on a stack of 10,000 Bibles and said it was enough), and is therefore innocent - not just "not charged".

I see your point yet my question is was Hillary considerd "innocent" during the 8 House investigations that took place ,that found much less than here?
Old 06-12-2019, 10:39 PM   #1668
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I see your point yet my question is was Hillary considerd "innocent" during the 8 House investigations that took place ,that found much less than here?
It's funny, I was going to bring up HC but was sure you would label it as a deflection.

As far as I know, HC has never been regarded as anything but innocent from the media, the fbi - even the ones tasked to investigate her, and the 48.2% of the electorate that elected her. Perhaps, the other 46.1% found enough doubt to chant lock her up because they didn't trust the political bureaucracies that simply chase the political winds - dems investigate reps and reps investigate dems while they both parties do the same damn thing, or because the sight of an ex-president meeting on the tarmac with a leading prosecutor gave the image of a tainted investigation.

But is there anyone who thinks that the Mueller probe didn't look under every rock, turn over every possible lead with the express intent to prove that Trump was first involved with the Russians and barring being able to prove that that they would prove that he committed obstruction. The team put together was as motivated as any to get every angle, and they had every dollar they wanted, they had access to crazy high level activity, they had every surveillance trick and trap available to them, and they still put together a very refutable 10 points of possible obstruction.

So for the TL;DR crowd, HC investigations were first political (thus questionable) and secondly rushed and clearly biased FBI investigators with
DOJ friendly actors. Trump investigations on the other hand were first highly motivated well funded long term FBI / DOJ employees and now comes the political hack jobs.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:56 AM   #1669
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
It's funny, I was going to bring up HC but was sure you would label it as a deflection.

As far as I know, HC has never been regarded as anything but innocent from the media, the fbi - even the ones tasked to investigate her, and the 48.2% of the electorate that elected her. Perhaps, the other 46.1% found enough doubt to chant lock her up because they didn't trust the political bureaucracies that simply chase the political winds - dems investigate reps and reps investigate dems while they both parties do the same damn thing, or because the sight of an ex-president meeting on the tarmac with a leading prosecutor gave the image of a tainted investigation.

But is there anyone who thinks that the Mueller probe didn't look under every rock, turn over every possible lead with the express intent to prove that Trump was first involved with the Russians and barring being able to prove that that they would prove that he committed obstruction. The team put together was as motivated as any to get every angle, and they had every dollar they wanted, they had access to crazy high level activity, they had every surveillance trick and trap available to them, and they still put together a very refutable 10 points of possible obstruction.

So for the TL;DR crowd, HC investigations were first political (thus questionable) and secondly rushed and clearly biased FBI investigators with
DOJ friendly actors. Trump investigations on the other hand were first highly motivated well funded long term FBI / DOJ employees and now comes the political hack jobs.

I see your argument and I reverse it , Hillary was always assumed to be guilty and trump has been proven to be guilty just not allowed to be prosecuted ,it's no hack job.Nothing even close to what the republicans did to do to Hillary.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:48 AM   #1670
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I see your argument and I reverse it , Hillary was always assumed to be guilty and trump has been proven to be guilty just not allowed to be prosecuted ,it's no hack job.Nothing even close to what the republicans did to do to Hillary.
Both political parties and there pet media outfits do hack jobs and they are both good at it.

But what does it prosper the American people?

Nothing. The bottomline in all of this is that our politicians have gotten so corrupt as to make sport over investigating each other and working up there half of the population to fevered pitch of us against "evil" them. Trump is the latest outgrowth of this but he isnt alone by any means

If we want the US to prosper in the future, we all have to find a way to heal the political duvide in this country.

I dont know how that is done...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2019, 03:59 PM   #1671
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...erdict/591379/

“From Public Shame to the Courtroom
Gibson’s Bakery, a family-owned business near Oberlin College accused of racism, just won a big payout.”

This is a great story and good to see legal precedents being set for future cases. Next up the Covington Catholic students....they gonna get paid and rightfully so.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 04:24 PM   #1672
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...erdict/591379/

“From Public Shame to the Courtroom
Gibson’s Bakery, a family-owned business near Oberlin College accused of racism, just won a big payout.”

This is a great story and good to see legal precedents being set for future cases. Next up the Covington Catholic students....they gonna get paid and rightfully so.
Why do a bunch of 13/15 year old catholic school boys who were at and "anti abortion rally" deserve to be paid anything ?

Chico your bias against the press is ridiculous .
Old 06-16-2019, 05:11 PM   #1673
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Why do a bunch of 13/15 year old catholic school boys who were at and "anti abortion rally" deserve to be paid anything ?

Chico your bias against the press is ridiculous .
I see your question and reverse it - why do 13-16 year olds participating in protected freedom of speech deserve to be unjustly raked through media hell?

Old 06-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #1674
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I see your question and reverse it - why do 13-16 year olds participating in protected freedom of speech deserve to be unjustly raked through media hell?

Their "protected Freedoms" were not interfered with in any way shape or form. You need to ask the "chaperones,parents and school administrators if the "boys" behavior was keeping with the teachings of the Catholic Church ,they weren't raked through anything they got taught a lesson about civility ,the media reported it .
Old 06-16-2019, 08:54 PM   #1675
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Their "protected Freedoms" were not interfered with in any way shape or form. You need to ask the "chaperones,parents and school administrators if the "boys" behavior was keeping with the teachings of the Catholic Church ,they weren't raked through anything they got taught a lesson about civility ,the media reported it .
Read the washington post retractions. And the school did investigate and found the students acted appropriately.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1Q22UA

Old 06-17-2019, 05:28 AM   #1676
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Read the washington post retractions. And the school did investigate and found the students acted appropriately.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1Q22UA

I read it and I watched it,I actually blame the Chaperones ,Parents and School Administrators more than I blame the kids. The school has no choice but to back the kids .................,they all looked like fools .
Old 06-17-2019, 07:08 AM   #1677
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I read it and I watched it,I actually blame the Chaperones ,Parents and School Administrators more than I blame the kids. The school has no choice but to back the kids .................,they all looked like fools .
So do you think the media has any fault for the initial coverage?

Old 06-17-2019, 08:25 AM   #1678
Giantone
Gamebreaker

No , do you fault the chaperones who should have moved the kids away or at least intervened?
Old 06-17-2019, 09:18 AM   #1679
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
lol...13-15 years old got taught a lesson about what? They didn't do anything wrong...and whats beautiful is the full video shows what happened and then the apologies started to roll out from the media. The media used and abused children to fuel a false narrative which is primarily revolves around their hatred of the president.

And now they will pay...CNN, NBC parent and Washington Post are all facing about a billion in 3 lawsuits from this one. Its certainly justified.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #1680
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
lol...13-15 years old got taught a lesson about what? They didn't do anything wrong...and whats beautiful is the full video shows what happened and then the apologies started to roll out from the media. The media used and abused children to fuel a false narrative which is primarily revolves around their hatred of the president.

And now they will pay...CNN, NBC parent and Washington Post are all facing about a billion in 3 lawsuits from this one. Its certainly justified.
OOOOOOhhhh, Chico using the big words "used and abused" ......the media reported it ,it's for us to interpret / digest what we see. You must have gotten turned down for a job in the media the way you fling your bias opinion of them around .