Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How Long Will Jay Gruden Last This Season as Head Coach?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-08-2019, 04:38 PM   #31
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: How Long Will Jay Gruden Last This Season as Head Coach?

Long enough for another team to make O'Connell their HC. Fire Jay, fire Manusky. Make KO the HC.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #32
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I blame the HC for going into a shell and not keeping the pedal to the medal. He has been around long enough to know our D isn’t nearly good enough to hold a 17 point lead.

Agreed. Gruden tends to try to protect a lead in the second half. Not going to happen to a team as good as the Eagles. The Redskins needed to stay super aggressive in order to win.

This is all on Gruden. Keenum is inconsistent and he showed it in this game. Keenum is Gruden’s guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #33
Hail to the Redskins
The Starter

It is so painful to watch a game and KNOW that the other team's coach, no matter who it is, will out coach Gruden at halftime of every single game.

You just assume that if the 'Skins happen to have a lead at halftime that they will give it away in the 2nd half.

Jay Gruden is HISTORICALLY bad at halftime adjustments... by far the worst I've ever seen in 30+ years of watching this team.

It was one of Gibbs' calling cards... awesome at halftime adjustments... but the past few years are just insanely bad. This is offensively AND defensively...

2nd half:
Eagles - TD
Skins - 3 plays - Punt
Eagles - TD
Skins - 3 plays - Punt
Eagles - TD
Skins - 4 plays - Punt
Eagles - FG

That is just insane. Completely outcoached at halftime... Gruden and Manusky.

I've said it and said it and will keep saying it until it changes... Manusky has to be one of the worst 2 or 3 DC in the NFL as well... talent on D, but can't develop any kind of rush, and ALWAYS miscommunications in the backfield between DBs...

Basically... same old same old.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #34
Hail to the Redskins
The Starter

I will say this...

Gruden DID get 380, 3 TDs, 0 INTs from Case Keenum, and 27 points vs the Eagles D.

Great gameplan FIRST half... believe the Eagles were expecting a run-heavy offense and he had Keenum slinging it around... the 2nd half, back to same old runs up the middle for 2 yards, penalty, long 3rd down, screen for 7 yards, punt...

What I dont get is how Manusky is such a bad DC that he could make this D-Line look terrible. ZERO sacks from them, and 2nd half runs RIGHT UP THE GUT for 12+ yards over and over again, on top of not having a gameplan for DeSean Jackson???

1000% on Manusky this game... BUT Gruden turtle shell offense with the lead is just as hard to watch.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:04 PM   #35
metalskins
The Starter

Looking at the schedule at the start of this season, there is no reason to believe Gruden is completely safe from an in-season firing.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:06 PM   #36
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I blame the HC for going into a shell and not keeping the pedal to the medal. He has been around long enough to know our D isn’t nearly good enough to hold a 17 point lead.
I don't even necessarily think it was a shell, it's just that he is fucking terrible at making any adjustments. Then again, it could be a combo of both. He can be a pussy and a loser, not mutually exclusive.

Jay Gruden is a 9 or less win HC. 9 is the absolute tops. We will NEVER win anything with him. He doesn't have it. I mean he hired Manusky! Who does that!!!!
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #37
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I don't even necessarily think it was a shell, it's just that he is fucking terrible at making any adjustments. Then again, it could be a combo of both. He can be a pussy and a loser, not mutually exclusive.

Jay Gruden is a 9 or less win HC. 9 is the absolute tops. We will NEVER win anything with him. He doesn't have it. I mean he hired Manusky! Who does that!!!!
This is pretty much my sentiment as well.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #38
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail to the Redskins View Post
I will say this...

Gruden DID get 380, 3 TDs, 0 INTs from Case Keenum, and 27 points vs the Eagles D.

Great gameplan FIRST half... believe the Eagles were expecting a run-heavy offense and he had Keenum slinging it around... the 2nd half, back to same old runs up the middle for 2 yards, penalty, long 3rd down, screen for 7 yards, punt...

What I dont get is how Manusky is such a bad DC that he could make this D-Line look terrible. ZERO sacks from them, and 2nd half runs RIGHT UP THE GUT for 12+ yards over and over again, on top of not having a gameplan for DeSean Jackson???

1000% on Manusky this game... BUT Gruden turtle shell offense with the lead is just as hard to watch.
Misleading garbage stats if you ask me. When the offense absolutely needed to just make first downs they couldn't. The last td the Eagles basically threw a bone to the betters who had the Skins plus 10.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:46 PM   #39
calia
Playmaker

How Long Will Jay Gruden Last This Season as Head Coach?

C’mon man. He had ~320 yards and 2 tds and high completion % before that. He had one bad miss but find a QB that won’t in any game. He was not the problem today. Lots of great there are far more blameworthy for the loss. Like the entire D and D coordinator to start, prich, the o line holds, and the lack of any adjustments were each far more consequential.

But back to Gruden, the answer to the title of this thread is “too long.”

Old 09-08-2019, 06:02 PM   #40
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
C’mon man. He had ~320 yards and 2 tds and high completion % before that. He had one bad miss but find a QB that won’t in any game. He was not the problem today. Lots of great there are far more blameworthy for the loss. Like the entire D and D coordinator to start, prich, the o line holds, and the lack of any adjustments were each far more consequential.

But back to Gruden, the answer to the title of this thread is “too long.”

There are plenty of people who royally fucked up today, but Case wasn't one of them. For example, Morgan Moses is garbage. Honestly, I feel that RT is now a problem as well.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:37 PM   #41
Warthog
The Starter

I think one factor that needs to be considered regarding a “mid- season” firing of Gruden, is the owner Dan Snyder. Snyder is one of the worst owners in the NFL, but I think he IS SENSITIVE to the media. If he fires Gruden mid-season, he risks looking AGAIN like the same old “trigger finger” Danny. A reputation that was well earned early as owner when he fired Marty “Schotty” after a single, 8-8 season as HC. If Snyder fires Gruden before the end of the season, he just reinforces the crappy reputation he and this franchise have built in the NFL over two decades.

So I wonder, has Dan Snyder learned ANYTHING in 20 years? I’d say he’s learned “ a little” and won’t make any really rash moves (like firing mid-season), simply because he’s been pummeled in the media for doing it before.

On the other hand, unless the team goes 8-8 or better he will fire Gruden at the end of the season. You can’t keep a head coach who can’t win after six seasons.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:37 AM   #42
irish
Playmaker

Gruden lasts the season and if he can somehow "click" with Haskins then he might even get an extension. Yesterday wasn't Gruden's fault, it was Manusky's.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:06 AM   #43
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Gruden lasts the season and if he can somehow "click" with Haskins then he might even get an extension. Yesterday wasn't Gruden's fault, it was Manusky's.
Gruden has hired two bum d coordinators. He has had the opportunity to hire better people and hasn't so as far as I'm concerned the defense is his fault.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #44
Irrefutable
The Starter

Anyone who thinks a special teams player is more important than Adrian Peterson should be fired immediately. Peterson would have helped yesterday.

Typical Gruden BS

Peterson will play if the game plan has 55 carries for the running backs
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:01 AM   #45
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I think one factor that needs to be considered regarding a “mid- season” firing of Gruden, is the owner Dan Snyder. Snyder is one of the worst owners in the NFL, but I think he IS SENSITIVE to the media. If he fires Gruden mid-season, he risks looking AGAIN like the same old “trigger finger” Danny. A reputation that was well earned early as owner when he fired Marty “Schotty” after a single, 8-8 season as HC. If Snyder fires Gruden before the end of the season, he just reinforces the crappy reputation he and this franchise have built in the NFL over two decades.

So I wonder, has Dan Snyder learned ANYTHING in 20 years? I’d say he’s learned “ a little” and won’t make any really rash moves (like firing mid-season), simply because he’s been pummeled in the media for doing it before.

On the other hand, unless the team goes 8-8 or better he will fire Gruden at the end of the season. You can’t keep a head coach who can’t win after six seasons.

He didn't fire Marty because he went 8-8, he fired him because the Ol Ball Coach decided to leave Florida and was available. At the time there was no coach DS wanted more than Spurrier so when he became available DS leapt at his chance to sign him even if that meant firing Marty. If you remember, Spurrier hinted at leaving Florida at the end of the previous season but decided to stay. Had he left then DS never would have hired Marty in the first place.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote