When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-06-2019, 05:48 PM   #1786
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I can't help but find Sharpiegate to be absolutely hilarious. Like he'd rather panic thousands of people in 'bama than just say "hey I slipped up, that was an old forecast from when the hurricane was forming. Obviously it's changed direction now."

Also kudos Chico for having the stones to admit you disagree with a Trump policy. I legit wondered if we'd ever see the day.
I’ve disagreed with many...this is the latest.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2019, 07:29 PM   #1787
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Can you freakin imagine if Obama had tried to invite the Taliban to Camp David for 9/11?
How on Earth can there be anyone left who doesn’t think this guy isn’t playing with a full deck?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:23 PM   #1788
MTK
\m/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 10:52 PM   #1789
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Can you freakin imagine if Obama had tried to invite the Taliban to Camp David for 9/11?
How on Earth can there be anyone left who doesn’t think this guy isn’t playing with a full deck?
.........and being a New Yorker?!! He's a fucking moron,............sorry.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:00 PM   #1790
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

https://apple.news/Ak2ESK-_eRdqnWgI5jlQNYQ
This shit pisses me off. Why even give her time at all if it is only 14 days. Fucking sucks for those that play by the rules.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:16 PM   #1791
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
https://apple.news/Ak2ESK-_eRdqnWgI5jlQNYQ

This shit pisses me off. Why even give her time at all if it is only 14 days. Fucking sucks for those that play by the rules.

Couldn’t agree more. Greedy selfish bitch. Gets caught. Cries. Gets a slap on the wrist. What a crock of shit. I hope her kids realize what a pos she is.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:14 PM   #1792
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

You guys are way off. Lori Laughlin is the one who thinks she did nothing wrong and is fighting this every step of the way. She's also got the daughter who was making bank with her own IG-influencer thing and only wanted to go to college for the parties.

Hoffman was the one who admitted it straightaway and took full responsibility, that's why she got 14 days in one of those min-security resorts. I give her credit for that, she fucked up, admitted it and is now paying the price. Throw the book at Laughlin.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:38 PM   #1793
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Why??? I mean I get it they paid their kids way into college and others got screwed but ............serious question here,while it's wrong how is it "illegal?
Old 09-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #1794
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Why??? I mean I get it they paid their kids way into college and others got screwed but ............serious question here,while it's wrong how is it "illegal?
Because you're paying money to get your kid into a name brand school. You're eliminating an opportunity for a kid with less advantage who definitely deserves it more to get in. If good schools sold slots to the highest bidder nobody from the lower class would ever be able to get in which would perpetuate the cycle of class warfare.

I guess I didn't do a good job of explaining why it's illegal, but I'd say the why of it being illegal is because you're bribing someone with access to the system to pay your way in. At its' core it's wrong.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:03 AM   #1795
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Because you're paying money to get your kid into a name brand school. You're eliminating an opportunity for a kid with less advantage who definitely deserves it more to get in. If good schools sold slots to the highest bidder nobody from the lower class would ever be able to get in which would perpetuate the cycle of class warfare.

I guess I didn't do a good job of explaining why it's illegal, but I'd say the why of it being illegal is because you're bribing someone with access to the system to pay your way in. At its' core it's wrong.
I understand and you're right ,I am not condoning it all let me be clear . I'm just asking how it is "illegal"? People with money have been doing this for years with endowments and such ,how is that legal but this is not? I just don't see the justification to have her serve time ,when many others have committed actual serious crimes. I guess in the end the rich have always paid to get their way ,...it sucks but is it illegal and if it is ........jail time ,I guess I just don't understand it.

The Guy who orchestrated the whole thing yeah I can see how he manipulated ,con and bribed people but in the end ....not these parents.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:47 AM   #1796
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I understand and you're right ,I am not condoning it all let me be clear . I'm just asking how it is "illegal"? People with money have been doing this for years with endowments and such ,how is that legal but this is not? I just don't see the justification to have her serve time ,when many others have committed actual serious crimes. I guess in the end the rich have always paid to get their way ,...it sucks but is it illegal and if it is ........jail time ,I guess I just don't understand it.

The Guy who orchestrated the whole thing yeah I can see how he manipulated ,con and bribed people but in the end ....not these parents.

Two wrongs just dont make a right. These parents weren’t conned or manipulated. Lol. They knew damn well what they were doing. That is like saying if i get busted buying drugs i was conned by the dealer. Nope.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:01 AM   #1797
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Two wrongs just dont make a right. These parents weren’t conned or manipulated. Lol. They knew damn well what they were doing. That is like saying if i get busted buying drugs i was conned by the dealer. Nope.
Again I understand that but why is it illegal , rich people give endowments to schools all the time and their kids are always accepted ,what is the difference ?

Again just asking here.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #1798
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

bribery is illegal not "illegal" it is a crime. You can argue jail time but people have done far less and received far more. There is also a substantial difference between bribery and an endowment. Not that an endowment or a legacy at the school should entitle you to attend. They paid someone to falsify scores in order to improve their kids standings and then pass that off to colleges and Universities unknowingly. The only person that benefits are the family and the person that received the bribe. With an endowment people pay to fund and promote a school for the betterment of the student body and not just one kid. If a school chooses to accept the student afterward that is there prerogative. Both can be sleezy one is a crime.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:25 PM   #1799
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
bribery is illegal not "illegal" it is a crime. You can argue jail time but people have done far less and received far more. .

See this is where you lose me, the parents didn't do it, the middleman did. This guy tells me if you(the parents) do this this or this for this amount of money I can get your kid into any school in the country. I find out if he is telling the truth and if it's a yes(it was) you do it if it means that much to you. Sorry but you haven't convinced me that there is any differences with an endowment and this except the teachers/coach's /counselors actually got the money instead of the school an again not the fault of the parents. As for jail people have done far worse and gotten nothing ,all that is accomplished by her doing 14 days is the DA can say see I did it.

Again, I guess it's me but I'm just not getting it.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #1800
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
See this is where you lose me, the parents didn't do it, the middleman did. This guy tells me if you(the parents) do this this or this for this amount of money I can get your kid into any school in the country. I find out if he is telling the truth and if it's a yes(it was) you do it if it means that much to you. Sorry but you haven't convinced me that there is any differences with an endowment and this except the teachers/coach's /counselors actually got the money instead of the school an again not the fault of the parents. As for jail people have done far worse and gotten nothing ,all that is accomplished by her doing 14 days is the DA can say see I did it.

Again, I guess it's me but I'm just not getting it.
The parents did do it. They were 1/2 of the criminal agreement.

It sucks that there's legal ways to bribe people (i.e. donating huge sums of money to a school and getting your kid in that way) but that doesn't change the fact lying and saying your kid is an athlete to get them in is wrong.

Both parties were wrong, the coaches for taking bribes and the parents for bribing the coaches. They should both be punished accordingly.