Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Former Trump Administration Employees

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-26-2019, 08:32 AM   #106
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Former Trump Administration Employees

.....................trump does it again!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-seal-n1090306

Navy Secretary Richard Spencer fired in dispute over discipline of SEAL

Navy Secretary Richard Spencer was fired Sunday by Defense Secretary Mark Esper, who ordered that a Navy SEAL who was acquitted of murder be allowed to remain in the elite commando corps, the Defense Department said.

Esper asked for Spencer's resignation after President Donald Trump tweeted Thursday that Chief Petty Officer Eddie Gallagher would retain the gold Trident insignia signifying his status as a member of the Sea, Air, and Land Teams, or SEALs. Spencer told reporters Friday that he believed the review process over Gallagher's status should go forward.

In a letter to Trump, Spencer said he acknowledged his "termination," saying the president deserved a Navy secretary "who is aligned with his vision."

"Unfortunately, it has become apparent that in this respect, I no longer share the same understanding with the Commander in Chief who appointed me," Spencer wrote.

In regards to the key principle of good order and discipline, I cannot in good conscience obey an order that I believe violates the sacred oath I took in the presence of my family, my flag and my faith to support and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Shortly thereafter, Trump tweeted that he was displeased not only by the way that "Gallagher's trial was handled by the Navy" but also because "large cost overruns from [the] past administration's contracting procedures were not addressed to my satisfaction."

"Therefore, Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer's services have been terminated by Secretary of Defense Mark Esper," he wrote. He said he would nominate retired Adm. Kenneth Braithwaite, the U.S. ambassador to Norway, to succeed Spencer.

The Navy sought to eject Gallagher and four other sailors from the SEALs after Trump intervened to direct that Gallagher not be demoted following his conviction after posing for a picture with the corpse of a teenage fighter for the Islamic State militant group.

Esper directed that Gallagher retain his Trident pin, the Defense Department said in a statement.

Undersecretary Thomas Modly becomes acting Navy secretary pending Braithwaite's confirmation hearings.

Speaking with reporters while en route from Jordan, Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the Gallagher case "is closed" in his view.

Esper "made decisions for good reasons that are within his power to make decisions, and I’ll support the secretary of defense in those decisions," Milley said, adding that Esper and Trump "are all part of the process and made a decision, and as far as I’m concerned, it’s case closed now and it is time to move on and address the national security of the United States."

Milley said he still believes the military "has good order and discipline."

"We adhere to various rules and regulations and policies and laws, and always have and always will," he said. "And I think that this case obviously raises a variety of questions, but in the main I think the United States military remains and always will remain a very highly disciplined force."

The dispute flared into the open last week after NBC News and other organizations reported that the Navy was convening a review board to consider whether Gallagher should remain in the SEALs after he was convicted of posing with the ISIS fighter's corpse but acquitted of having killed the young man.

Trump tweeted Thursday that "the Navy will NOT be taking away Warfighter and Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher's Trident Pin," saying the case was "handled very badly from the beginning." Earlier, the president had overturned the Navy's decision to demote Gallagher, which would have severely affected his retirement pay.

In response, Spencer told reporters Friday that he believed Gallagher's review process should go forward. Multiple sources told NBC News that Spencer had privately told the White House that a tweet wasn't an official order and that if Trump was ordering the Navy to end the review board proceedings, he needed to do so in writing.

Navy Chief Petty Officer Eddie Gallagher and his wife, Andrea Gallagher, walk into military court in San Diego on June 24, 2019.Sandy Huffaker / Getty Images - file
The Defense Department said Sunday that Esper had learned that — contrary to what he was saying in public — Spencer privately proposed to the White House both that Gallagher's rank be restored and that he be allowed to retire as a SEAL. It said Esper was never informed of the private proposal.

The Defense Department said Esper had lost "trust and confidence" in Spencer "regarding his lack of candor over conversations with the White House."

In an interview on Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends" on Sunday, Gallagher accused the Navy of seeking to strip the SEAL designation as retribution for Trump's intervention on his behalf.

"This is all about retaliation. They could have taken my Trident at any time they wanted," he said. "Now they're trying to take it after the president restored my rank."

Referring to Rear Adm. Collin P. Green, who as commander of Naval Special Warfare Command is in charge of the SEALs, Gallagher alleged: "What the admiral is doing is showing complete insubordination."

But Ray Mabus, President Barack Obama's Navy secretary, suggested that it was Gallagher who was being insubordinate.

"Here's a guy who is still on active duty. Here's a guy who is going on television to argue this case," Mabus said Sunday on MSNBC's "Up With David Gura."

Fired Navy Secretary sends stinging letter on the way out the door
NOV. 24, 201904:31
"It's so dangerous for good order and discipline, so dangerous for military forces to get this politicized," Mabus said. "You simply cannot have good order and discipline. You simply cannot hold people accountable. You simply cannot have the elite fighting force if you allow things like this to happen."

Mabus said it was vital that the review board take any final action, not the administration.

"If you set this sort of precedent, then how do you tell the next SEAL that is up on charges not to go public, not to try to undermine their superiors, not to try to change a military judgment and make it a political one?"

A military jury acquitted Gallagher of murder and war crimes charges in July but convicted him of having posed with the corpse of the ISIS captive. He was ordered dropped in rank from chief to petty officer first class.

Trump reversed the order this month, directing Gallagher's restoration as chief petty officer.

Spencer, who became Navy secretary in August 2017, was the acting defense secretary for about a week in July as Esper underwent confirmation hearings in the Senate.

Advertisements
Old 11-26-2019, 02:59 PM   #107
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

G1, President Bone Spurs is the most elite military man we have and we should be fortunate he is in charge of the armed services. The Navy could certainly learn many things from him about honor, discipline, integrity, how to serve your nation without any personal benefit whatsoever, and most of all how to lead. This certainly won't cause future harm when future armed personnel decide to go public with their defense instead of pleading their case in military courts.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:55 PM   #108
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
G1, President Bone Spurs is the most elite military man we have and we should be fortunate he is in charge of the armed services. The Navy could certainly learn many things from him about honor, discipline, integrity, how to serve your nation without any personal benefit whatsoever, and most of all how to lead. This certainly won't cause future harm when future armed personnel decide to go public with their defense instead of pleading their case in military courts.
I heard him say that and I said out loud does he have a fucking clue who Dwight D.Eisenhower was???
Old 11-26-2019, 09:18 PM   #109
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I heard him say that and I said out loud does he have a fucking clue who Dwight D.Eisenhower was???
Who's that? I'm not big on reading, books, history, doing anything other than being an attention whore, hearing myself talk, demanding absolute loyalty from an entire nation, thinking that the position of POTUS is entirely above the law, and withholding aid from foreign nations until they investigate my political rival for corruption.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:25 AM   #110
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Who's that? I'm not big on reading, books, history, doing anything other than being an attention whore, hearing myself talk, demanding absolute loyalty from an entire nation, thinking that the position of POTUS is entirely above the law, and withholding aid from foreign nations until they investigate my political rival for corruption.
LOL,...but, but ,.........SHS says trump reads more than anyone she knows!!!!!
Old 04-04-2020, 08:56 PM   #111
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Trump shit cans another one.................

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/polit...son/index.html

Trump fires intelligence community watchdog who told Congress about whistleblower complaint that led to impeachment

(CNN)President Donald Trump on Friday fired Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson, who had told Congress about the whistleblower complaint that led to Trump's impeachment, the President told Congress in a letter obtained by CNN.

Atkinson will leave his job in 30 days, Trump told the House and Senate Intelligence committees, and he has been placed on administrative leave effective immediately, according to a congressional source.
Trump did not name a permanent successor.
"As is the case with regard to other positions where I, as President, have the power of appointment ... it is vital that I have the fullest confidence in the appointees serving as inspectors general," Trump wrote. "That is no longer the case with regard to this Inspector General."
The announcement that he's firing Atkinson late on a Friday night comes as the President is dealing with a worldwide pandemic from the novel coronavirus, which has consumed his presidency since the end of the impeachment trial only two months ago. Trump has faced widespread criticism for the federal government's response to the outbreak, and has said the impeachment trial "probably did" distract him from responding to the virus' outbreak during the trial in January and early February.
READ: Trump's letter removing intelligence community inspector general
Atkinson's firing is the latest case of the Trump administration removing officials who took part in the President's impeachment. Trump also removed Alexander Vindman, a then-National Security Council official who had testified in the House's proceedings, along with Vindman's twin brother, both of whom were reassigned out of the NSC, and fired then-US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland.
Other officials, including then-US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch and her acting successor, Bill Taylor, left the Trump administration after the impeachment proceedings.
Trump also fired former FBI Director James Comey in 2017 while the FBI was investigating the President.
The congressional source said that Atkinson was informed on Friday evening that Trump had fired him. The statute for the intelligence community inspector general requires that both intelligence committees be notified 30 days before the inspector general can be dismissed, so Trump could not immediately remove Atkinson -- he could only place him on leave until the 30 days pass.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #112
Giantone
Gamebreaker

What a Fuckking idiot!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/militar...-ship-n1178576

Acting Navy secretary resigns amid flap over coronavirus-hit ship
Thomas Modly was facing a backlash over his stinging remarks about Capt. Brett Crozier.

Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly has resigned, two defense officials said, a day after he ridiculed and then apologized to a captain he had ousted for raising concerns about a coronavirus outbreak on his aircraft carrier.

Modly offered to quit in a Tuesday morning conversation with Defense Secretary Mark Esper, the officials said. Esper accepted his resignation and has selected Under Secretary of the Army James McPherson to replace Modly as acting Navy secretary, according to the officials.

The revelation comes after Modly’s stinging remarks about Capt. Brett Crozier, broadcast over the loudspeakers on the USS Theodore Roosevelt on Monday, drew criticism from lawmakers and disapproval from President Donald Trump.

Watch an NBC News special report, “Coronavirus Pandemic,” tonight at 10 p.m. ET / 9 p.m. CT on NBC, MSNBC and NBC News NOW.

The controversy began last week when Crozier, the commanding officer of the Theodore Roosevelt, sent a strongly worded memo to a broad array of Navy officials begging for help amid a COVID-19 outbreak on the ship. The memo leaked to the press and generated a series of headlines.

Crozier was relieved of his command last Thursday. Modly said at the time he made the decision because Crozier went outside the chain of command and exposed sensitive information.

Video emerged a day later showing throngs of Theodore Roosevelt crew members cheering for Crozier as he walked off the ship.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:26 PM   #113
Giantone
Gamebreaker

That's two Secretaries of the Navy trump has gone through in what 6/7 months?
Old 04-07-2020, 05:42 PM   #114
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Holy Shit two in one day, that might be a record for trump!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-rep...164027127.html

Trump replaces watchdog who was overseeing $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus spending

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump replaced acting Pentagon Inspector General Glenn Fine Monday night, a move that removes Fine as the top watchdog for COVID-19 stimulus.

Fine had been selected by fellow inspectors general to chair the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee. The inspectors general created the committee to oversee the roughly $2 trillion stimulus deal, passed last month by Congress and signed into law by Trump to mitigate the economic damage caused by the pandemic.

The committee chairman was given the power to issue subpoenas and investigate officials inside and out of government.

Trump signaled his displeasure with the law's oversight provision when he issued a relatively rare signing statement. Trump said he would ignore portions of the law demanded by some Democrats to give Congress additional visibility into the stimulus spending, arguing that those requirements would infringe on the separation of powers enshrined in the Constitution.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:40 AM   #115
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Rats leaving a sinking ship!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/grisham-s...190913287.html

Grisham steps down as White House press secretary

Stephanie Grisham is stepping down as White House press secretary without ever briefing the press from the podium.

Grisham on Tuesday announced she's returning to the East Wing to serve as first lady Melania Trump's chief of staff and spokesperson.

And according to an administration official, Kayleigh McEnany, a fierce defender of President Donald Trump on cable news shows, will replace Grisham as press secretary.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:24 AM   #116
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Rats leaving a sinking ship!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/grisham-s...190913287.html

Grisham steps down as White House press secretary

Stephanie Grisham is stepping down as White House press secretary without ever briefing the press from the podium.

Grisham on Tuesday announced she's returning to the East Wing to serve as first lady Melania Trump's chief of staff and spokesperson.

And according to an administration official, Kayleigh McEnany, a fierce defender of President Donald Trump on cable news shows, will replace Grisham as press secretary.

Kayleigh McEnany is a total muppet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2020, 09:32 AM   #117
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

McEnany is a total smokeshow....good lord she is fine

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:15 AM   #118
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
..............and now you know the requirements for the job from trump.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:01 PM   #119
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
With the stress of that job she'll be looking like Kellyanne Conway soon enough.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:37 PM   #120
MTK
\m/

Quote:
..............and now you know the requirements for the job from trump.

Typical Fox News bimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk