punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
I completely agree with you!

Cracker Barrel is Awesome.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Before my dietary changes I absolutely loooooved that place.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-20-2020, 08:46 PM   #2132
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We don't have Cracker Barrels in San Diego. I want one. Feels like I'm missing out.

I did have my 1st Popeyes chicken sandwich today. Pretty good. Huge piece of chicken.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #2133
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Cracker Barrel, or really any restaurant that boomers love.
Lol...mooby you’ve been on a boomer tear lately.

Boomer restaurants typically are erected within the parking lots of strip malls or on within walking distance of box retail stores. Someplace you can sitting down, consume 3,500 calories within 20 minutes and then afterwards stroll the aisles of a Lowe’s or Petsmart attempting not to shit your pants before you make it back home.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:01 PM   #2134
SunnySide
Playmaker

Every time I see one of these .. and its often ... i get like "Lewis Black" level pissed off.

A bumper sticker for your dog is bad enough .. but a bumper sticker for a dog that isnt even yours? WTF is wrong with you. is this some kind of ultimate jewish grand mother guilt trip to get your son or daughter to ... i dont know .. maybe have a kid and then you would actually be a grand mother.

Are you so pressed to be a "grandmother" that you have to pretend a dog is anything close or similar to a real baby? Does that dog share your DNA? Will that dog take your last name? Will you go to its Petco dog training graduation ceremony?

Youre a human. You cant be a grand mother to a dog. There is no such thing. it doesnt exist. That dog already has a grandmother, and shes dead because dogs live to be about 12.

Where are the cat lovers in all this? Certainly they dont want to be left out of this weird bumpers ticker phenomenon. Hell, theres money to be made from desperate wanna-be grandmas out there.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:39 AM   #2135
mredskins
MVP

I get stage level 10 angry when my wife says to our dogs here comes your dad, no i am there master or owner.

I love dogs they are great but I too hate when folks put dogs on the same level as humans.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:53 AM   #2136
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

LOL @ those stickers. Those and the marathon stickers bother me for some reason. Why not just get a sticker that says, "I'm in great shape." That's kind of what it's saying. :P

Sorry runners, lol.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:57 PM   #2137
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
LOL @ those stickers. Those and the marathon stickers bother me for some reason. Why not just get a sticker that says, "I'm in great shape." That's kind of what it's saying. :P

Sorry runners, lol.
I saw one of those but it said something like "1.2". So I had to sit there in my car doing involuntary math trying to figure out what they mean. I surmised it was a swim race of some sort.

I want one of those black and white marathon stickers but with just a random number on it. Like "163.4", that would really piss off the fitness people bc they wouldnt know what it meant and never heard of a 163.4 tri atholon before and since they know everything about fitness, that would really drive them crazy. its kinda like a stolen valor situation. Ill tell them it was an amish tri atholon.

But i respect those people bc if it came down to it, their endurance would easily outlast me and Id be whooped in a fight.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:24 PM   #2138
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I saw one of those but it said something like "1.2". So I had to sit there in my car doing involuntary math trying to figure out what they mean. I surmised it was a swim race of some sort.

I want one of those black and white marathon stickers but with just a random number on it. Like "163.4", that would really piss off the fitness people bc they wouldnt know what it meant and never heard of a 163.4 tri atholon before and since they know everything about fitness, that would really drive them crazy. its kinda like a stolen valor situation. Ill tell them it was an amish tri atholon.

But i respect those people bc if it came down to it, their endurance would easily outlast me and Id be whooped in a fight.
Oh, ABSOLUTELY. It's one of those things where if you feel the need to put a sticker on your car about it, maybe you did it for the wrong reasons? Shrugs.

My gears have been ground to dust today by a new thing that's been happening: people emailing me to email someone else. Like six emails could have been saved if the person would have emailed the person directly. Here's the transcript with names removed to protect the innocent:

Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 11:58 AM
To: Me
Subject: RE: TeamViewer - Your Quote

I need you to do this, please. Thanks~!

Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 11:45 AM
To: Co-worker
Subject: Re: TeamViewer - Your Quote

I think the original was for a new license. Maybe shoot him and email just to confirm? Or we can just keep his email as proof of his quote?
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 22, 2020, at 11:42 AM, wrote:

Okay, now I’ve looked at the quote sent on 1/20 which is $2388. Why is Michael Ray saying our renewal will be $1373.33?
Old 01-22-2020, 06:07 PM   #2139
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Boomer restaurants typically are erected within the parking lots of strip malls or on within walking distance of box retail stores. Someplace you can sitting down, consume 3,500 calories within 20 minutes and then afterwards stroll the aisles of a Lowe’s or Petsmart attempting not to shit your pants before you make it back home.
Seems like I struck a nerve with the Cracker Barrel comment. I've just never liked that place, it feels like going to a restaurant to eat a home cooked meal. If I wanted a home cooked meal I would've stayed home damnit!

Anyways my gears are being grinded today by Dan Snyder's incessant need to make money on everything.

Me and a friend just bought tickets to Rammstein at Fedex Field in August, the presale just started and we've been Rammstein stans for like 15 years now so ofc we have to go see them in the first US tour in like 8 years.

Fedex Field is literally the only stadium on the 10 stadium NA tour that is charging for parking, and it's not even pennies on the dollar they're asking for. Dan wants $50 for a parking pass. God fucking damnit Dan, why do you have to be so sheisty?
Old 01-22-2020, 09:13 PM   #2140
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

LOL, you're seriously clueless.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:17 PM   #2141
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Seems like I struck a nerve with the Cracker Barrel comment. I've just never liked that place, it feels like going to a restaurant to eat a home cooked meal. If I wanted a home cooked meal I would've stayed home damnit!
I really only go for breakfast .To me it's Howard Johnson's 2.0 ,it's not the fast food place that's bad for you but where you can go and sit down and rest a bit .
Old 01-22-2020, 09:19 PM   #2142
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I really only go for breakfast .To me it's Howard Johnson's 2.0 ,it's not the fast food place that's bad for you but where you can go and sit down and rest a bit .
Many Cracker Barrels are very close to Hotels which is a smart move on their part.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:56 PM   #2143
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I got nothing against food anywhere. Cracker Barrel isn’t bad at all

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:04 AM   #2144
MTK
\m/

Thing about Cracker Barrel is unless you’re in the middle of bumfuck nowhere chances are there’s a local joint nearby that’s 10x better. And the gift shop is annoying as F, get outta my way I just want to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2020, 08:41 AM   #2145
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Many Cracker Barrels are very close to Hotels which is a smart move on their part.
Howard Johnson's, haven't they been gone for 20 years or so?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote