Old 06-04-2020, 10:19 AM   #2221
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol you never include MSNBC? They represent viewpoints just fine? 😂

No to any legislation.

Anyone can protest, just don’t bullshit saying one cause is ok and the other isn’t. Feeding kids, paying rent, is important to a lot of folks....just as the police brutality. It’s dishonest how the media picks and chooses who to criticize...don’t feed me bullshit that this is a terrible disease two weeks ago but it’s not now. That’s bullshit and dishonest. There aren’t Rona exceptions
I said "Force the news outlets"

That includes all outlets that present themselves as news.

Embarrassing, even for you Chico.

Advertisements
Old 06-04-2020, 10:19 AM   #2222
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Also one thing i notice that is troubling, is that a large portion of the violent protestors seem to be of the mindset that they wanted everything shut down permanently over coronavirus, they were too afraid to leave their homes because of the fear of death, but then when the George Floyd travesty happened, everyone went outside like it was no problem. All of a sudden coming into contact with people was okay again. Not sure what to make of that.
They did? You're basing this on what exactly
Old 06-04-2020, 10:42 AM   #2223
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I said "Force the news outlets"

That includes all outlets that present themselves as news.

Embarrassing, even for you Chico.
Even though we mention cable news, NBC and CBS have been terrible.

Yeah no legislation or even forced doctrine...my bad Mooby.

Journalism has a standard of ethics, some publications even post it. It’s certainly gotten out of hand and social media has made it worse. Opinion have been elevated...they are all tabloid. Some clearly racist and anti Semitic.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:43 AM   #2224
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think that's why we have to have this discussion again. Floyd was in full compliance. He died because a store thought his $20 bill was fake. And as long as these type scenarios keep happening, we are going to have protests (which will eventually be overran by rioters and looters demeaning the cause).
I highly doubt he was in full compliance. But it doesn't matter if he was or wasn't. He should not have ended up dead.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:45 AM   #2225
SunnySide
Playmaker

The media is the enemy of the people???

solution - read various news sources from different platforms then make your own personal decision on what you believe.

Id also recommend not considering people like Jimmy Kimmel or Adam Carrola as media or a source for you to get your news.

Thats the easy one. Be an adult. Use your adult brain. Make and form adult decisions and thoughts.

The hard one is trying to understand or brace for the coronavirus effect to all these protests. Even George Floyd tested positive for Corona.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:02 PM   #2226
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The media is the enemy of the people???

solution - read various news sources from different platforms then make your own personal decision on what you believe.

Id also recommend not considering people like Jimmy Kimmel or Adam Carrola as media or a source for you to get your news.

Thats the easy one. Be an adult. Use your adult brain. Make and form adult decisions and thoughts.

The hard one is trying to understand or brace for the coronavirus effect to all these protests. Even George Floyd tested positive for Corona.
You don't see that? I won't even mention most media leans left, but most of all media sources report with bias and only tell one side of the story. It takes quite a bit of digging these days to get the whole story and most people don't do that. The media divides people these days, plain and simple.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:29 AM   #2227
MTK
\m/

Buffalo Police Officers Suspended After Shoving 75-Year-Old Protester

Old 06-05-2020, 08:09 AM   #2228
Giantone
Gamebreaker

.........doesn't count, it was white on white.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:37 AM   #2229
mredskins
MVP

That guy could die. Shame to those police officers.

I like and respect police officers, I am white dude living in white suburb. Unless i am speeding the cops never bother me. I do recall a time when i was a youth between 16 and say 25, i lived on a small island (Newport, RI) and the cops would look and harass young males in groups or what ever. Definitely not to the extent African Americans feel on a daily basis, still even at the level they were bugging us it was a sicking feeling every time you saw a cop you knew they were going bug you about something.

Anywho, last night i went to Rita's and two police officers walked in for some odd reason i got that feeling again. My son (12) immediately pulled at me and nodded his head towards the police. When we got in the car i asked why he had pointed out the cops. He said i don't know they make me nervous (he has never had any run in's with cops). I wondered if he felt my anxiety.

The whole situation sadden me. One i was like what has this world come too and two its got suck to be a person of color and have to deal with that feeling everyday with the police.

Ok done rambling.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:50 AM   #2230
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Anyone want to post the cops ambushed, injured and killed during the riots so far?

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 06-05-2020 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:03 AM   #2231
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Anyone want to post the cops ambushed, injured and killed so far during the riots so far?
Pretty sure no one here is advocating for any Police to be shot chico or endorsing it. There is good and bad on all side of this discussion. I will say right off the bat I get upset at the treatment of blacks by Police in general and that includes Black on Black treatment by Police ,I have a black grandson and I worry about him constantly. I all so believe that BLM's is a racist organisation and if they truly believed in the change of Police culture would change the name. Right ,wrong or indifferent many White Americans becuase of the name will not listen to them . BLM's needs to condemn the killing of anyone Police bystanders anyone and make pleas against the violence if they want all of America on their side.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:04 AM   #2232
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Anyone want to post the cops ambushed, injured and killed so far during the riots so far?
............according to you chico all news is fake .
Old 06-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #2233
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Pretty sure no one here is advocating for any Police to be shot chico or endorsing it. There is good and bad on all side of this discussion. I will say right off the bat I get upset at the treatment of blacks by Police in general and that includes Black on Black treatment by Police ,I have a black grandson and I worry about him constantly. I all so believe that BLM's is a racist organisation and if they truly believed in the change of Police culture would change the name. Right ,wrong or indifferent many White Americans becuase of the name will not listen to them . BLM's needs to condemn the killing of anyone Police bystanders anyone and make pleas against the violence if they want all of America on their side.
Lol...so fucking rich.....I’ve heard someone else say that one....lol

He Gets Us
Old 06-05-2020, 10:14 AM   #2234
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
............according to you chico all news is fake .
Not those unemployment and payroll increase numbers

People are so mad too...lololololol.

He Gets Us
Old 06-05-2020, 10:20 AM   #2235
MTK
\m/

Trump taking a victory lap while the country is in chaos

So clueless