Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

In memory of our REDSKINS

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-13-2020, 08:53 AM   #31
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: In memory of our REDSKINS

Best memories
1. Super Bowl XXII Timmy Smith or Doug Williams take your pick amazing performances
2. The Seat Cushion Game
Recent history RG3 rookie year. Last year I remember really being relevant.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2020, 08:59 AM   #32
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Hail To The Redskins.

Remember rehearsing the fight song driving my bike in Paris when I started watching back in 2010.

Haven't seen a lot of glory but I could never root for another team.

Best memory by far is being on the field during warm ups, fist bumping Johnathan Allen and having my forehead against Chris Thompson facemask yelling how bad I wanted them to win...
That was the infamous 40 -16 vs Giants game, but great memory.

Man, the nights staying up until 5am to cheer this team on. Singing HTTR and wondering if I'm gonna wake the neighbors up...

The memories ain't going away, and we'll always call the team in those memories the Redskins. Changing the name isn't time travelling.

So one last time talking about the current team, but forever talking about the team I've been cheering for 10 years:

Hail To The Redskins !
Old 07-13-2020, 09:01 AM   #33
Defensewins
Playmaker

Childhood memories:
Collecting the player trading cups you got when you bought large Slurpee at 7-11.
Bumper stickers “I root for Washington, I like Sonny!” or Billy if you didn’t understand Sonny was better.
Collecting (which I still have) Redskins Sunoco glass cups.
Memories: Watching the 1/22/83 Redskins beat Cowboys in NFC Championship game on way to first Supbowl ring. Watched with two of my friends that’s huge cowboy fans. They wanted to watch it with me to bust my chops. I agreed and ran my mouth the entire game. That was better than winning the Super Bowl because we were the two best teams that year and I remember friends from all over the country telling me they watched that game eventhough they were not Redskins fans and were impressed. Finally some respect for my Skinnies.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:02 AM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

It's official
Old 07-13-2020, 09:08 AM   #35
SunnySide
Playmaker

When I was a kid, my grandparents had these cool glasses that I loved. Bought some on e bay about a year ago.

Old 07-13-2020, 09:08 AM   #36
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

It's official
I find it ironic that sponsors is listed first every time in this press release.

Also, “retired upon completion of the review” indicates they will use the Redskins name until the replacement name can be finalized. I’ll be interested to see how long the trademark battle takes.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:10 AM   #37
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I find it ironic that sponsors is listed first every time in this press release.
Yeah, says it all... Money talks.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:12 AM   #38
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post

Also, “retired upon completion of the review” indicates they will use the Redskins name until the replacement name can be finalized. I’ll be interested to see how long the trademark battle takes.
I'm really surprised RR has this much pull already, man he better be a winning coach in Washington
Old 07-13-2020, 09:16 AM   #39
Monkeydad
Living Legend

So many memories. The rage mob that's cancelling our identity just doesn't understand how being a Redskins fan is part of your life, part of who you are.

My memories, good and bad:

*The first Super Bowl I watched on TV was Super Bowl XXII, our amazing win over the Broncos. I was already a Redskins fan and that was thrilling.

*Growing up, there were no Ravens and although in PA, the Redskins were the closest team to me in miles, so I got to watch them on CBS EVERY WEEK. Those were the days...

*Watching Darrell Green win the NFL's Fastest Man competitions year after year. His battles with Willie Gault and others like Herschel Walker and Rod Woodson.

*Charles Mann (with his TV dinner commercials) and Dexter Manley were the greatest 1-2 punch on a D-line that I ever saw.

*The Posse: Monk, Clark, Sanders. Best WR trio ever?

*Timmy Smith's one good game. Great timing, kid.

*The HOGS.

*Our 1991 Super Bowl run...I was in 7th grade. We had paper grocery bag book covers and I was tracking their W-L record on it. It was amazing as we were 11-0 before our first loss! Then, we won the Super Bowl. I believe, and some sports writers even agree, that the 1991 Redskins was the greatest team in NFL history. Their scoring offense and dominant defense, no team had such a great team on BOTH sides of the ball. For some reason, that win over the Falcons sticks in my memory. I don't remember seeing the Redskins score that many points (56) in another game.

*The optimism of Steve Spurrier coming in...too bad it didn't work.

*Health Shuler was supposed to be a GREAT QB. I still resent him to this day.

*Gus Frerotte, you idiot.

*Michael Westbrook beating up a teammate in practice.

*Clinton Portis' first run as a Redskins, a 64-yard TD against the Bucs.

*Even with the Super Bowl teams, I think my favorite squad was the years with Portis, Moss, Cooley, Sean...that team had so many personalities and was just so much fun to watch. All of CP's costumes were classic! Sheriff Gonna Getcha, Spanky Janky, Dr. Do Itch Big...HA!

*Speaking of...that run to the playoffs where we had to win every game to get in. I hated the white-on-white uniforms, but they were good luck that year. Gibbs coming back is something I'll always be thankful for even if he didn't have enough time to turn it completely around. Losing Sean put a huge dent in the plan.

*Jason Campbell, I was a big fan...I thought he was going to be really good and he had moments. On the flip side, I thought Patrick Ramsey got WAY TOO MANY chances...why is he still in?

*Monday Night, Mark Brunell to Santana Moss, TWICE for the win. I stayed up and watched to the end thankfully. I have always stayed up and watched every snap of every Sunday and Monday Night games, even if we're getting blown out and even as an adult who had to get to work in a few hours.

*Thank you for 2012 RG3, it was a magical year and I'm still a fan of you.

*I took my son to Fan Appreciation Day in 2012. RG3 and Cousins were rookies. We met the Hoggettes and cheerleaders. This was also the first time I actually saw the Redskins live and in person in my lifetime.

*My first game in person...also with my son, on his birthday last year. They came back and won with seconds to go...best birthday gift EVER.

*Area 51. Landry could not cover but damn, he and Taylor were downright scary with the hits they punished opponents with.

*LaRon Landry turning into the Hulk. (and losing all ability to play effectively in the process).

*The Haynesworth saga. Get up you fat slob.

*London Fletcher's leadership. Great player, great man.

*The 24-0 comeback game vs. Bucs. I liked that.

*Adrian Peterson is a Redskin!

Most recent memory, drafting Chase Young. I can't wait to see him on the field.

*Alex Smith. I just watched the E60 on his injury last night, I could not have imagined his leg looked like that during the surgeries, gruesome. I am a Christian and I admit it, I sincerely prayed a lot for Alex that year, and I've never prayed for any other pro athlete before. It was just heartbreaking, he's such a great person as well as QB.

*And of course, watching Sean Taylor play. He was the most incredible player I have ever watched. No game was lost yet if he was on the field.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:18 AM   #40
MTK
\m/

I was a football fan as a kid but didn't have a team until SB XVII. Watching Riggins tear it up that night had me hooked for life.

The last 20 years though under Snyder has definitely left me less passionate for the team and at this point I don't have much hope for any sustained success as long as he's owner. Kind of feels like Rivera is our last hope.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #41
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I was a football fan as a kid but didn't have a team until SB XVII. Watching Riggins tear it up that night had me hooked for life.

The last 20 years though under Snyder has definitely left me less passionate for the team and at this point I don't have much hope for any sustained success as long as he's owner. Kind of feels like Rivera is our last hope.
I started losing hope after RG3 happened.. I really thought he was the savior and man he was fun to watch! Then they ruined him and a damn good coaching staff.. Well Kirk gave us a little hope, of course they fucked that up too! I agree man, and it's not just the name change but the last 3-4 years I've really lost some love for the team. Losing doesn't even affect me anymore. Maybe Ron is the man to fix things, guess we'll see.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:27 AM   #42
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Go with Redwolves and keep the traditional R as the helmet logo.. Put a Wolf on the sleeves. Or Redtails - Redhawks whatever
Old 07-13-2020, 09:50 AM   #43
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Go with Redwolves and keep the traditional R as the helmet logo.. Put a Wolf on the sleeves. Or Redtails - Redhawks whatever
One of the few helmet designs that I like
Old 07-13-2020, 09:56 AM   #44
Monkeydad
Living Legend

We may get something like that this year.

Just please, if they do a spear, take the stripes off. I've seen concepts with a spear and the current stripes, looks horrible.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #45
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

A source told ESPN that the plan, as of now, is to retain the franchise's use of burgundy and gold colors. Coach Ron Rivera had said the team wanted to include the military in its new name, as well.

So... no Redwolves?