And there u have it.

Advertisements
Old 01-23-2021, 02:18 PM   #272
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: WFT Quarterback Thread - Post SEASON 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Wrong. The WFT has NO interest in him. They could have gone for him before and they didn’t. His time on the Patriots isn’t that impressive. Here is my guess at the WFT QB “wish list” -

1. Stafford trade (big trade, three #1 picks and a premium player, such as Allen or Payne)
2. Watson trade (same as above)
3. Move up in the draft from 19 to the top five with a big trade (offering a couple #1 picks).
4. Stay at 19 and hope they can draft a lower ranked QB and turn him into a Diamond; Heinicke and this draft pick compete for the #1 QB spot in 2021.
5. Resign Heinicke - he’s a great #2 or perhaps even can compete as the #1 versus a draft pick. No brainer!

Heinicke is the wild card. They will absolutely resign him. I think they will try to get him in the weight room and build up his muscles to compensate for his 6’1” size. Remember, he was studying and going to school when they called him up. Probably in shape but not peak NFL-ready. He also needs to work with the QB coach to learn how to protect his body while running. I actually can ‘t wait to see him buffed up and ready to compete in the OTA’s, TC and practice games. He might be the reason Rivera just takes the best QB available and sticks with #19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No chance Stafford commands that much. He’s 32 now and has never won anything. Watson yes he’s 25 and has won
Old 01-23-2021, 02:21 PM   #273
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Wrong. The WFT has NO interest in him. They could have gone for him before and they didn’t. His time on the Patriots isn’t that impressive. Here is my guess at the WFT QB “wish list” -

1. Stafford trade (big trade, three #1 picks and a premium player, such as Allen or Payne)
3. Move up in the draft from 19 to the top five with a big trade (offering a couple #1 picks).
4. Stay at 19 and hope they can draft a lower ranked QB and turn him into a Diamond; Heinicke and this draft pick compete for the #1 QB spot in 2021.
5. Resign Heinicke - he’s a great #2 or perhaps even can compete as the #1 versus a draft pick. No brainer!

Heinicke is the wild card. They will absolutely resign him. I think they will try to get him in the weight room and build up his muscles to compensate for his 6’1” size. Remember, he was studying and going to school when they called him up. Probably in shape but not peak NFL-ready. He also needs to work with the QB coach to learn how to protect his body while running. I actually can ‘t wait to see him buffed up and ready to compete in the OTA’s, TC and practice games. He might be the reason Rivera just takes the best QB available and sticks with #19.

No way Stafford commands the same compensation as Watson in a trade. If he's available, he'll come at a much cheaper price.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:56 PM   #274
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
No way Stafford commands the same compensation as Watson in a trade. If he's available, he'll come at a much cheaper price.

What do you think he’s worth?. What will Detroit take to trade him? He’s just 31 and has at LEAST 5-6 outstanding years ahead of him. I personally would choose Watson over Stafford because of his age, but Detroit knows that he’s valuable.

I hope you’re right. The knock on him is exactly what you say. Never has got them to the top. Is he a Cousin’s type guy who has excellent stats but can’t win the big ones? I think Stafford will command a very high price but if he goes for SUBSTANTIALLY less than Watson, he’ll be worth it.

The NFC East is praying that Rivera doesn’t get Stafford or Watson. That’s the missing piece that has eluded this team for decades. If we get Stafford, add a burner WR in FA, add another excellent TE to compliment Thomas, pick up a top LB FA and draft for the OL for starters or depth, this team will be elite!

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:05 PM   #275
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:

You are overstating Stafford's value by a lot, IMO. And surely Stafford wouldn't be option 1 if Watson could be had for the same price. I happen to think that Stafford may well be our #1 target, but not at the price you suggest. If the Lions refuse to trade him for less than that, he will remain a Lion.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:10 PM   #276
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Stafford: Barring a serious injury, will be highly productive for at least 4 more years, maybe even a couple/few more.

Watson: Barring a serious injury, will be highly productive for 10+ more years.

Even if you assume the talent is even (edge to Watson for me), age separates the compensation drastically.

Note - Estimated years are my expressed written opinions/estimates. Could be wrong on both.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:18 PM   #277
Number44
Special Teams

We got Alex Smith at a similar point in his career for two thirds. Smith won more than Stafford, but Stafford has put up better numbers. The demand is higher right now, with so many teams seemingly in the QB market, so I have little doubt that Stafford would cost more at this time. I've seen several suggestions that the price would be along the lines of a first and a third, and that sounds about right to me. Some folks feel a second and a third would do it, but I think that it would take at least first rounder. Three firsts and a player is really way too much, IMO, and I seriously doubt if even the Lions are thinking along those lines.

Last edited by Number44; 01-23-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:46 PM   #278
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No chance Stafford commands that much. He’s 32 now and has never won anything. Watson yes he’s 25 and has won
What has Watson won exactly?
Old 01-23-2021, 03:59 PM   #279
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
What has Watson won exactly?

He’s taken his team to the playoffs and won a game atleast
Old 01-23-2021, 04:01 PM   #280
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Now that Watson has given his list of 2 teams he will go to, it’s time to shift the focus on Stafford or Matt Ryan. Of course I’d take Stafford over Ryan but even if we did trade for Ryan, it’s similar to Alex’s situation 2 years ago. Older QB that has 2-3 years left. Ryan is clearly the better passer tho
Old 01-23-2021, 04:24 PM   #281
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Now that Watson has given his list of 2 teams he will go to, it’s time to shift the focus on Stafford or Matt Ryan. Of course I’d take Stafford over Ryan but even if we did trade for Ryan, it’s similar to Alex’s situation 2 years ago. Older QB that has 2-3 years left. Ryan is clearly the better passer tho
The Watson sweepstakes is still wide open, did you not watch the harden trade me drama? Every day that past he had a new team he was ok with going too.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:34 PM   #282
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
The Watson sweepstakes is still wide open, did you not watch the harden trade me drama? Every day that past he had a new team he was ok with going too.

He said Brooklyn was his #1 all along tho and he got what he wanted. We also don’t have the ammo to compete with the Jets. They’ll offer Darnold, and their draft basically. The Texans would be fools to turn it down
Old 01-23-2021, 06:35 PM   #283
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Well it looks like Stafford is definitely on the block. But with all the teams interested in him, I think it will take at least 2 firsts at a minimum.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:37 PM   #284
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
Well it looks like Stafford is definitely on the block. But with all the teams interested in him, I think it will take at least 2 firsts at a minimum.
What teams are interested him? I know there are other teams in the qb market but I haven't really seen teams attached to him like Watson.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:46 PM   #285
Ohioskins
Special Teams

SF, NE and Colts at a minimum.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote