Old 09-27-2021, 01:08 AM   #61
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: WTF @ Bills post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Excellent point.

Let me rephrase that.

On pace to allow 17 touchdowns on 17 opening drives this year.

Feel better?
Much!!!!

LOL

I knew what you meant , just busting balls

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2021, 05:17 AM   #62
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

The OL is better than expected. Heinicke forced some throws but didn't play all that bad. He had several guys drop easy 1st down conversions on him.

Why does this defense sucks so much is an enigma at this point. Even last week in the deepest of my negativity I thought the DL played better than what was being said, but this week they completely disappeared. Against an OL that was having issues up until now.
Anyone in that DL squad not named Daron Payne has to take a look in the mirror and wake the F up, they played like freakin nuns. F em.

At some point coaching staff has to be held accountable. This defensive roster has too much talent to played that bad. The main weakness on paper is LB, and they had trillions of opportunities to do something about it during the offseason. No excuse for the DL and secondary underperforming so much. Is Jay Gruden still doing pre game speeches or what ?

Finally, I was defending Young the first 2 weeks, yes we needed more from him but he was making some plays. He can lick my asshole after yesterday's game. He didn't do shit. Not one play. Man the F up.
Old 09-27-2021, 06:17 AM   #63
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
The OL is better than expected. Heinicke forced some throws but didn't play all that bad. He had several guys drop easy 1st down conversions on him.

Why does this defense sucks so much is an enigma at this point. Even last week in the deepest of my negativity I thought the DL played better than what was being said, but this week they completely disappeared. Against an OL that was having issues up until now.
Anyone in that DL squad not named Daron Payne has to take a look in the mirror and wake the F up, they played like freakin nuns. F em.

At some point coaching staff has to be held accountable. This defensive roster has too much talent to played that bad. The main weakness on paper is LB, and they had trillions of opportunities to do something about it during the offseason. No excuse for the DL and secondary underperforming so much. Is Jay Gruden still doing pre game speeches or what ?

Finally, I was defending Young the first 2 weeks, yes we needed more from him but he was making some plays. He can lick my asshole after yesterday's game. He didn't do shit. Not one play. Man the F up.
This is in fact NOT TRUE. If you are better than you opponent then you would win your one on one matchups. We can't or don't do that. End of discussion. I will say it again, just cause you are drafted high does not mean you are a good NFL player.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:19 AM   #64
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Is it too early for a 2022 draft thread? smh
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:32 AM   #65
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
This is in fact NOT TRUE. If you are better than you opponent then you would win your one on one matchups. We can't or don't do that. End of discussion. I will say it again, just cause you are drafted high does not mean you are a good NFL player.
Oh I agree that they were crowned elite talent without having proved it. But the talent level on this roster, what we've seen some of them do, is not as atrociously bad as this D is playing.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2021, 06:33 AM   #66
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
It was nice to feel good about the team in the off season. But the truth is that Ron Rivera is not a winning coach. In the last 10 years, he has had 3 seasons in which his team won more games than it lost. I think we got sold the Brooklyn bridge....again. Oh well, another losing season coming up. God I am glad I was a fan during the first Gibbs tenure. At least I know what a good team looks like. This isn't it.
That's what I've been saying about RR since he was hired here.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:39 AM   #67
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

Coaching, coaching, coaching. Scheme, scheme, scheme.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:40 AM   #68
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

WTF @ Bills post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
It's better than the season ends today.

Is it? 1-2 vs 3-14?

Unless, of course, you are still holding out hope that huey duey and louie figure things out on the sidelines. Personally I think RR has shown for many years that he cannot. I think JDR has not evolved his defenses along with the game of football. I think Scott Turner doesn’t even belong in the league.

Last edited by punch it in; 09-27-2021 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:05 AM   #69
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

After ATL next week: NO, KC, GB, DEN, TB, CAR, SEA, LVR

BRUTAL
Old 09-27-2021, 08:24 AM   #70
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
After ATL next week: NO, KC, GB, DEN, TB, CAR, SEA, LVR

BRUTAL

Atlanta will be real tough for us. There are no easy games when you are a bottom feeder. But yeah that stretch is going to be horrendous. Than the nfc east stretch which is always a struggle. I am telling you 5 wins is very ambitious thinking. Onto the 2022 draft thread I guess. Stud LT, or stud pass rusher im hoping for.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:32 AM   #71
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Kid rocking an Aaron Rodgers jersey in first period talking to a lab partner about the NFC east: "I am not discounting any of those teams. They are all bad enough to win that division."
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:36 AM   #72
Coff
Impact Rookie

It's tempting to blame the coaching because it's an easy fix; fewer pieces need replacing. It's harder to accept that so much draft investment may have been wasted. And I'm referring here to the d-line obviously. Four first round draft picks and it looks like only one was worth the cost.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:42 AM   #73
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
It's tempting to blame the coaching because it's an easy fix; fewer pieces need replacing. It's harder to accept that so much draft investment may have been wasted. And I'm referring here to the d-line obviously. Four first round draft picks and it looks like only one was worth the cost.

I agree to an extent but what are the odds that it is everyone else except JDR? Same on the offensive side. Is it everyone else or is it Turner? Is it the whole team being out of sync and undisciplined or is it RR? Carolina seems to have righted the ship after he left? Do i think we have the talent to be super bowl contenders? No. Do i think we have the talent to not be a bottom five team in the league? Yes. This is on the coaches.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:54 AM   #74
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Most of these guys were here last year, especially the main culprits, Landon Collins, Bostic and Fuller. They should know what their assignments are by now. If it is one player, bench him, if it is one position group it is the position coach, but if the whole defense is a mess then that is on the coordinator and the play calling
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:00 AM   #75
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I agree to an extent but what are the odds that it is everyone else except JDR? Same on the offensive side. Is it everyone else or is it Turner? Is it the whole team being out of sync and undisciplined or is it RR? Carolina seems to have righted the ship after he left? Do i think we have the talent to be super bowl contenders? No. Do i think we have the talent to not be a bottom five team in the league? Yes. This is on the coaches.
I have to agree. While I think we were over rated as a possible top 5 def team, we def were not this bad. We have regressed sooooo much from last year to this, with most of the same personel. Our front was consistently getting pressure last year. This year, with the same dl, absolutely 0 pressure. I can't crown them the best dl ever....but they def are playing under their ceiling from what I saw last year.
Also...I don't know what we have in heineke. I think yesterday was more of what he would be as a regular full time starter. But we also have to agree that he is leaps and bounds above our qb situation the last 2 or 3 years. Again....we are no offensive juggernaut, but we have more talent than what has been displayed this year. I don't know what the answers are...but it def seems like coaching and scheme to me. It almost feels like we are playing to lose. Very very strange to see improved personel on the field and upgraded positional players (minus lb, and rt) to degrade so much. It's like they are just going through the motions so they don't have to worry about the game in 3.5 hrs.
I was skeptical about rr's record....but welcomed the culture change....but I'm wondering if that has even happened, or if it was all smoke and mirrors preaching discipline and change...cause at this point, it doesn't seem like it was really really real at all.