Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Playoff Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-14-2022, 12:45 AM   #1
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

The Playoff Thread

Put all things playoffs here.

Someone mentioned it in another thread, but I can't believe they're putting a playoff game on a Monday night. The winner of Cardinals/Rams is put at a supreme disadvantage, for no other reason, besides NFL doesn't give a fuck about anything besides a dollar. Multi-billion dollar company squeezing every last drop of blood out of that rock. Those 2 teams get screwed and I can't imagine any more than 1% of NFL fans want a MNF playoff game. Sometimes, I think Snyder is running the whole NFL. I think that's one of the best games this round, but I'm not gonna watch it.

In terms of who I'm going for each game this round, give me:

Raiders, Bills, Bucs, 9ers, Chiefs, Rams.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2022, 05:00 AM   #2
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: The Playoff Thread

Bengals - too good an O for the Raiders and that D is no slouch. Possibly the most exciting matchup though.
Bills - QB could well be the difference here and I would definitely go Allen over Jones.
Buccs - Eagles with a chance? Really?
Cowboys - hate to say it, but I can see them being all over Jimmy G like a rash. But likely 1 and done as I can't see them beating the Buccs or GB.
Chiefs - Like the Eagles, the Steelers can't really compete with the Chiefs at their best. 2 great coaches might make it interesting, but 2 very different teams.
Cardinals - maybe I'm going with my heart but I have a feeling. The Rams lost to teams this year they should have beaten (easily?) and this could be one of those games.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:24 AM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Bengals - too good an O for the Raiders and that D is no slouch. Possibly the most exciting matchup though.
Bills - QB could well be the difference here and I would definitely go Allen over Jones.
Cowboys - hate to say it, but I can see them being all over Jimmy G like a rash. But likely 1 and done as I can't see them beating the Buccs or GB.
Chiefs - Like the Eagles, the Steelers can't really compete with the Chiefs at their best. 2 great coaches might make it interesting, but 2 very different teams.
Cardinals - maybe I'm going with my heart but I have a feeling. The Rams lost to teams this year they should have beaten (easily?) and this could be one of those games.
Bengals, Bucs , SF (I Believe in Kyle) KC , RAMS ,Bills
Old 01-14-2022, 09:53 AM   #4
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I want to see Cardinals vs Bills in the SB, but the Cardinals come limping into the playoffs, while the 49ers have won 8 of their last 11.

My gut tells me it's going to be 49ers vs whoever wins the Bills vs Bengals game in the SB.

This week I'll take:

Bengals
Bills
Chiefs

49ers
Bucs
Rams
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:36 AM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I need the Cowboys, Eagles, Bucs and Steelers eliminated in that order and I'm good to go. Any other team wins it and I'm fine.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:50 AM   #6
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Played a lottery ticket this weekend taking Bengals, Cards, SF, Buffalo, Eagles and Steelers.

$3.50 to win over $1k.

Crazier things have happened I suppose.

I'm really rooting for the Bengals. They never win shit, would be cool to see them come in and wreck shop.

Dallas is probably going to beat SF but they ain't getting past whomever the hell they play next.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:03 AM   #7
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I still want a Bills/Cards Super Bowl.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 11:17 AM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Put all things playoffs here.

Someone mentioned it in another thread, but I can't believe they're putting a playoff game on a Monday night. The winner of Cardinals/Rams is put at a supreme disadvantage, for no other reason, besides NFL doesn't give a fuck about anything besides a dollar. Multi-billion dollar company squeezing every last drop of blood out of that rock. Those 2 teams get screwed and I can't imagine any more than 1% of NFL fans want a MNF playoff game. Sometimes, I think Snyder is running the whole NFL. I think that's one of the best games this round, but I'm not gonna watch it.

In terms of who I'm going for each game this round, give me:

Raiders, Bills, Bucs, 9ers, Chiefs, Rams.
This.. The NFL has made it clear that the only thing that really matters to them is more money. Sure a Mon night playoff game is great for us fans, but I just don't understand how the players agree to this nonsense.

They really don't care about the players health and safety at all, but they try and preach it to the public like they do. By adding another game to the season, a 7th seed and also making the 2 seed play the first round means more injuries which means for concussions and so forth.

The Steelers are not a playoff team at all. They stink and watching their offense is flat out painful.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 11:22 AM   #9
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
i think the Bengals are going to roll the Raiders. The Raiders have been on an emotional roller coaster. Now they have to go on the road and play a cold weather game against a high powered offense. I think they get blown out.

Eagles have a shot if it rains real hard. Weather may be an issue.

KC only plays games by the half. I expect it to be close for a half.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 12:53 PM   #10
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Hoping for
Bengals
Bills
Buccaneers
49ers
Steelers
Cardinals

Still think it is crap the Rams and Cards have to play on Monday night.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:44 PM   #11
Meks
Pro Bowl

MONDAY NIGHT PLAYOFF GAME IS EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY THESE DAYS. fUCK THE NFl, ON SO MANY LEVELS. CROOKED LEAGUE ONLY CONCERNED WITH $$

Didnt mean all caps currently working a spreadsheet lmao
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:37 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
MONDAY NIGHT PLAYOFF GAME IS EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY THESE DAYS. fUCK THE NFl, ON SO MANY LEVELS. CROOKED LEAGUE ONLY CONCERNED WITH $$

Didnt mean all caps currently working a spreadsheet lmao
The fact I have Monday off…I don’t mind

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:06 AM   #13
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Concur with most of what you said for this weeks games. The one that is most up in the air imo is the Cards/Rams game that could go either way. As for the Cowboys being one and done I think they will be able to take the Bucs. Bucs have taken a massive talent hit over the last few weeks losing their star receiver and his replacement additionally Fournette so far looks iffy to play this week and his back-up is injured too. Don't like the Boys but have put my money on them in my fantasy football playoff leagues (them, GB and the Bengals).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 11:26 AM   #14
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Concur with most of what you said for this weeks games. The one that is most up in the air imo is the Cards/Rams game that could go either way. As for the Cowboys being one and done I think they will be able to take the Bucs. Bucs have taken a massive talent hit over the last few weeks losing their star receiver and his replacement additionally Fournette so far looks iffy to play this week and his back-up is injured too. Don't like the Boys but have put my money on them in my fantasy football playoff leagues (them, GB and the Bengals).
Agree with Cards/Rams it will be interesting. You have two decent QBs but both with major flaws. Murray is great early in the season and then ever year after October he turns into a pumpkin. Stafford has never handled the spotlight well.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 05:02 PM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

When you use a TE to block one on one against the defense best pass rusher…it’s always an L

Just dumb coaching

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote