Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Welcome Carson Wentz

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Initial reaction to trading for Carson Wentz?
Love it 8 12.12%
Hate it 17 25.76%
Don't love it, don't hate it 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2022, 09:19 AM   #496
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Irsay aside...these quotes remind me of what was said when RGIII had "lost it"
disagree.

RGIII came in thinking the NFL was easy mode and that he had already made it (and for a year it looked like that might be true). He had an injury history, he got hurt (and maybe didn't put in the study time/people got NFL tape on him) and things fell apart, but there was also his dad being way to involved and some other things.

This just seems like the owner scapegoating a bad season to seem like he's part of the solution and not the cause. (Not that I think Wentz is super amazing, but, for us, he should be a noticeable upgrade).
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-01-2022, 09:10 AM   #497
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Irsay is acting like Wentz made a GI Jane joke about his wife or something... it's become obvious this was primarily an owner driven decision.

Blaming Wentz for the loss to Jax is pretty lame. The Colts D got carved up in that one.
It wasn't just the Jacksonville game. It was over the course of the entire season. If you watched Hard Knocks the vibe seemed to be that they were waiting for Wentz to do more. They were waiting for him to take over a game.

They beat the Pats 27-17 and Wentz went 5-12 w/ an int. How do you complete 5 passes in an NFL game? He had some other games where he wasn't getting close to 200 yards. If Taylor was shut down Wentz didn't seem like he was good enough to carry the team.

Irsay is an a-hole for coming out and saying what he said, but it's not like there isn't any truth to it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 10:12 AM   #498
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

The Colts' offensive line was terrible when it came to pass-blocking, and had injuries to begin the season on top of that. It's hard for a QB to take over a game when he's running for his life behind the 30th ranked offensive line. Run-blocking was their strength. There's a reason J Taylor led the league in carries. And when they couldn't run the ball - yeah they struggled. But you can't put it all on Carson. This narrative that Carson was holding that team back is just incorrect. It's easy to just look at the QB and his stats and put the blame on him, but if you do that, you're not looking at the whole picture.

To put it in perspective, Washington had the 6th best offensive line and excelled in pass-blocking (even with the injuries). The result: Heinicke had less pass attempts than Carson, was sacked MORE than Carson, had twice as many interceptions, and 25% less TDs.

I think you'll see better results with Carson behind a line that can actually pass block AND run the ball - as is the case with most NFL QBs.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 10:20 AM   #499
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It wasn't just the Jacksonville game. It was over the course of the entire season. If you watched Hard Knocks the vibe seemed to be that they were waiting for Wentz to do more. They were waiting for him to take over a game.

They beat the Pats 27-17 and Wentz went 5-12 w/ an int. How do you complete 5 passes in an NFL game? He had some other games where he wasn't getting close to 200 yards. If Taylor was shut down Wentz didn't seem like he was good enough to carry the team.

Irsay is an a-hole for coming out and saying what he said, but it's not like there isn't any truth to it.
I watched it, Wentz got it done against AZ.

The one vibe i picked up was Irsay is a whack job, every time he talked in the locker room it was so cringe, it was like "ok everyone our rich drunk uncle is going to talk everyone pretend to smile and act like you care remember he paid for the party".

When he started the sing along to we are the champions; so so so cringe; i was turning red watching it.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:17 AM   #500
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I watched it, Wentz got it done against AZ.

The one vibe i picked up was Irsay is a whack job, every time he talked in the locker room it was so cringe, it was like "ok everyone our rich drunk uncle is going to talk everyone pretend to smile and act like you care remember he paid for the party".

When he started the sing along to we are the champions; so so so cringe; i was turning red watching it.
Yeah the vibe around Irsay is definitely weird. Not sure if being a pill addict plays into it or not but I get the sense he's kinda like a mini-Dan in that he wants to be friends with the players and vibe on their level and they just tolerate him because he signs the checks.

Either way this whole thing reeks of him not liking Wentz and that's why they got rid of him.

I don't feel so bad about the draft picks now because the league is so desperate for half-decent qb's now that I'm sure he had another bidder. The price we paid is miniscule compared to what some of these other teams paid.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:22 AM   #501
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

We got a legit starting QB for WAY cheaper than some teams have paid for their #1 WR.
Old 04-15-2022, 07:31 PM   #502
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/sta...3WSCZu1oM5KL4Q

The QB1 is Wentz
QB2 is Josh Allen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2022, 07:59 PM   #503
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/sta...3WSCZu1oM5KL4Q

The QB1 is Wentz
QB2 is Josh Allen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jim irsay “but he didn’t get the vaccine”

Dude, Carson is gonna surprise people here. First guy since Cousins who can effectively push the ball down field.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 08:26 AM   #504
rocnrik
Playmaker

I think Wentz will be okay .. at least the Snyder drama will take the heat of him a bit ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:18 AM   #505
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Jim irsay “but he didn’t get the vaccine”

Dude, Carson is gonna surprise people here. First guy since Cousins who can effectively push the ball down field.
Agree, he will throw some bad picks here and there but he will also throw some insane dimes also. At the very least he'll be fun to watch.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:11 PM   #506
los panda
Pro Bowl

2/3 love it, 1/3 ok with it. The price was right, he doesn't throw picks, and he's in Ron's Bible Study Inner Circle.

That reminds me, anyone looking for a new Prayer Chamber and/or Cry Box? I can build both
Old 05-19-2022, 12:38 PM   #507
MTK
\m/

Wentz responds to Irsay saying Colts’ trade for him was a mistake

Thought he handled this quite well, still seems odd to me that the Colts can't shut up about this already
Old 05-19-2022, 12:53 PM   #508
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Thought he handled this quite well, still seems odd to me that the Colts can't shut up about this already
That dude is a tool... STHU already
Old 05-19-2022, 01:02 PM   #509
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

That is what happens when you make a knee-jerk move that is questionable at best. You find yourself constantly trying to justify it. They'll be fine with Matt Ryan, but even he's probably tired of them constantly talking about it.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:56 PM   #510
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Ryan knows it's Bush League. Irsay needs to pop a chill pill.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote