Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-19-2022, 10:01 AM   #226
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Hamilton got off to an electric beginning of the day at weigh-ins, coming in even larger than his listed height and weight at Notre Dame. His workout started much of the same - spectacular. The dynamic defensive back would post eye popping numbers in both the vertical (38”) and broad jump (10’11”), easily living up to the billing as an athletic freak on the backend.

Of course all the spotlight was on Hamilton heading into the most glorified event of the entire combine - the forty yard dash. With 4.4 or greater rumors surfacing, Hamilton did not come close to hitting those numbers, finishing with an official time of 4.59, which tied for the lowest mark of the safeties at the combine.

Kyle Hamilton (Official Numbers):

Height: 6’4 1/8”
Weight: 220 pounds
Arm length: 33”
Hand size: 9 1/8”

40 Time: 4.59 seconds
Vertical Jump: 38”
Broad Jump: 10’11”
3 Cone Drill: 4.32
Short Shuttle: 6.97

https://www.si.com/college/notredame...ce-up-and-down

Hes a "jumbo" safety ... cant say Ive heard that term before.

If he is there at 11 ... hed be a great pick, fills a huge need.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-19-2022, 10:23 AM   #227
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Seems like Hamilton right now is the trendy pick at 11 for us. What does everyone think about that possibility? It's a deep WR draft, should be plenty of options in round 2 if we went Hamilton in the 1st.
I’d like the pick. He would be the fit as the Buffalo nickel. I think he has the ability to play deep in some sets and would be a big body guy who could cover TEs in the red zone.

I see a guy who could really move around a develop in this defense. Great pick.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 11:50 AM   #228
GridIron26
Playmaker

I would be happy if we drafted Hamilton too. Our defense got much better when Collins moved to the buffalo position, which shows how valuable that position is to our defense.

Rivera mentioned that they are open to the idea of trading up to draft a safety in 2nd/3rd round pick if someone they like falls down. Keim mentioned that Daxton Hill and Jaquan Brisker also are good options if Hamilton is not available.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 12:06 PM   #229
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Less than 10 days!! Man, the draft is like Christmas for football fans. I need one of those things where you pull a coin/item out every day until you get there.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 12:21 PM   #230
MTK
\m/

Just watched some highlights of Hamilton, I don't care what his 40 time is he plays with great anticipation which more than makes up for any lack of speed.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:43 PM   #231
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Hamilton is the only player in this draft who, if he is still available at 11, I'm not entertaining any trade offers.

Pick him.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:57 PM   #232
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

There are always a few guys every year that lose the random shit lottery of teams/scouts trying to find reasons to push them down the board.

Hamilton is a damn good football player, I hope 10 teams ahead of us make this mistake (or the teams picking 6-10, there are other legitimate options in the top 5).

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 04-19-2022 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:08 PM   #233
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

11: R1 P11 - WR - Chris Olave - Ohio State
47: R2 P15 - TE - Trey McBride - Colorado State
113: R4 P8 - LB - Leo Chenal - Wisconsin
189: R6 P10 - CB - Kalon Barnes - Baylor
230: R7 P9 - S - Percy Butler - Louisiana
240: R7 P19 - OT - Vederian Lowe - Ilinois
Old 04-19-2022, 03:31 PM   #234
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Here is some draft stuff I've picked up recently from analysts who are familiar with the Commanders schemes and thought process:

First, Keim says that the Coms will not take a QB at #11. Matt Bowen points out that QB's rise fast as the draft approaches which is good for the Coms because he believes that two QB's will go in the Top 10 (Pickett and Willis) which means that two excellent non-QB players will slip to #11.

Per Keim, the only safety that the Coms might take At #11 is Kyle Hamilton. They love Hamilton as a hybrid S/LB who could be very disruptive in the 2nd and 3rd levels of the defense. Matt Bowen likes Dax Hill and Jaquan Brisker at S in the second round because of their versatility. He says Dax could play CB as well as S and that Jaquan compares to Micah Hyde as a Multi-dimensional player.

A WR could be the pick at #11 but Bowen says that only Drake London and Garrett Wilson are good enough to be picked in the Top 11. Numerous mock drafts have London going to the Coms in Round 1 and he would be a great fit. The Coms seem to prefer Chris Olave over Wilson but Keim says that's only because the FO believes that Wilson will be gone by the time they draft. Fred Smoot thinks that (after London, Wilson and possibly Jameson Williams) there are another dozen very good WR prospects among whom there is not much separation in ability. Fred wants a big guy at WR who can catch the "bad balls".

To the surprise of nobody on this site Fred Smoot says we need to address the CB position. Fred says that if Darryl Stingley Jr. falls to #11 and the Coms don't select him it would be the "biggest mistake ever for the Commanders". Smoot calls Stingley a "generational player" who would automatically become a #1 corner and the best DB on the team. Nevertheless, Fred did admit to the injury risk of drafting Stingley, saying that Stingley's problem is "not ability but availability". Fred is also very high on Sauce Gardner at CB. Keim likes CB Coby Bryant in the mid-rounds.

As for MLB, Smoot says "we need a QB" on defense. Fred rates Devin Lloyd as the top MLB prospect but allows that there isn't much difference between Lloyd and Chad Muma. Matt Bowen pointed out that a MLB in today's NFL must be a "three down guy". Matt is also high on Chad Muma and Christian Harris, both of whom could be available in Round 2. Quay Walker and Troy Anderson were also mentioned. Keim made it clear that the FO values the Hybrid S/LB position over the MLB position and said that if given the choice between Hamilton or Lloyd at #11 the Coms would take Hamilton.

Finally, Keim said without enthusiasm that if a top OL were to fall out of the Top 10, then OL could be a possibility at #11.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 03:51 PM   #235
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Here is some draft stuff I've picked up recently from analysts who are familiar with the Commanders schemes and thought process:

First, Keim says that the Coms will not take a QB at #11. Matt Bowen points out that QB's rise fast as the draft approaches which is good for the Coms because he believes that two QB's will go in the Top 10 (Pickett and Willis) which means that two excellent non-QB players will slip to #11.

Per Keim, the only safety that the Coms might take At #11 is Kyle Hamilton. They love Hamilton as a hybrid S/LB who could be very disruptive in the 2nd and 3rd levels of the defense. Matt Bowen likes Dax Hill and Jaquan Brisker at S in the second round because of their versatility. He says Dax could play CB as well as S and that Jaquan compares to Micah Hyde as a Multi-dimensional player.

A WR could be the pick at #11 but Bowen says that only Drake London and Garrett Wilson are good enough to be picked in the Top 11. Numerous mock drafts have London going to the Coms in Round 1 and he would be a great fit. The Coms seem to prefer Chris Olave over Wilson but Keim says that's only because the FO believes that Wilson will be gone by the time they draft. Fred Smoot thinks that (after London, Wilson and possibly Jameson Williams) there are another dozen very good WR prospects among whom there is not much separation in ability. Fred wants a big guy at WR who can catch the "bad balls".

To the surprise of nobody on this site Fred Smoot says we need to address the CB position. Fred says that if Darryl Stingley Jr. falls to #11 and the Coms don't select him it would be the "biggest mistake ever for the Commanders". Smoot calls Stingley a "generational player" who would automatically become a #1 corner and the best DB on the team. Nevertheless, Fred did admit to the injury risk of drafting Stingley, saying that Stingley's problem is "not ability but availability". Fred is also very high on Sauce Gardner at CB. Keim likes CB Coby Bryant in the mid-rounds.

As for MLB, Smoot says "we need a QB" on defense. Fred rates Devin Lloyd as the top MLB prospect but allows that there isn't much difference between Lloyd and Chad Muma. Matt Bowen pointed out that a MLB in today's NFL must be a "three down guy". Matt is also high on Chad Muma and Christian Harris, both of whom could be available in Round 2. Quay Walker and Troy Anderson were also mentioned. Keim made it clear that the FO values the Hybrid S/LB position over the MLB position and said that if given the choice between Hamilton or Lloyd at #11 the Coms would take Hamilton.

Finally, Keim said without enthusiasm that if a top OL were to fall out of the Top 10, then OL could be a possibility at #11.
Lots of helpful stuff here, thanks!

I'd be happy with any of these 3 in the rounds they were discussed.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:55 PM   #236
jamf
Pro Bowl

the "Coms", Fucking horrible!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 04:08 PM   #237
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
the "Coms", Fucking horrible!
Give me a break. There isn't much for me to work with here. Blame Snyder.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:39 PM   #238
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Give me a break. There isn't much for me to work with here. Blame Snyder.
LOL, I'm calling them the Manders for short.

When your team name has approximately 12 syllables, you're going to get all kinds of nicknames you won't like.
Old 04-19-2022, 05:33 PM   #239
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Blame Snyder.
I do.

Go Commies!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 08:32 PM   #240
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

If the Giants can be called G-Men why can't the Commanders be called C-Men?