Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Herm Edwards predicts Lions win this week!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #16
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Herm Edwards predicts Lions win this week!

Right now we are 7 point favorites. It started at 6.5.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #17
warriorzpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Being a Redskins fan is like being married to an alcoholic. Yeah I'll talk all the shit I want to. When someone else tries to chime in, circle the wagons. "Who do you think you are talking about? No sir, these are the best football players that ever were and will be".

So eff that washed up bitch. I was just thinking, who actually believes that the Lions can score more than 3 field goals on our defense?
My sentiments exactly. This just made me change my attitude about the redskins. I will be hollering louder than anyone when the redskins score and when they win the game.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #18
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

FK That!! We will win 41 - 9

HAIL B!TC#ES
Old 09-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #19
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Who cares? Scouts Inc. also picked the Lions this week. I'm sure lots of people are picking them.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #20
DFI
Special Teams

seriously???? what does herm edwards know about winning football games? had in not been for the Joe P-and Larry Csonka mishap in the meadowlands 99% of america would have no idea who herm edwards is. average nfl player. below average nfl coach. the right place at the right time to step into football history
'Russ Grimm would swallow his dip by halftime and throw up on somebody's shoes. Jeff Bostic and Mark May were fighting about who'd missed an assignment. And man did Riggo stink from his hangover. But we got it done.' Don Warren
DFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #21
BrunellMVP?
Impact Rookie

Redskins-Lions: 10 observations
Insider
By Ken Moll, Scouts Inc.
Washington at Detroit
was When: 1:00 PM ET
Watch: FOX
Preview
More scouting reports: Week 3 det
Scouts Inc. Position Advantage
QB RB WR OL DL LB DB ST Coach

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Redskins-Lions matchup.

1. Washington needs to establish the run: The Lions have struggled to stop the run, yielding over 134 yards per contest on the ground. The Redskinswill pound the ball with Clinton Portis as well as utilizing power back Ladell Betts more often. Establishing an effective ground assault should set up the play-action passing attack nicely.

2. Expect the Redskins to take more shots downfield: Washington has only completed one pass over 30 yards and will design more plays to stretch the field against the Lions. Perimeter target Santana Moss and athletic tight end Chris Cooley are going to see more vertical patterns called.

3. Balance on offense: The Washington offense needs to mix in early down passes with a good dose of perimeter runs and power football between the tackles. Expanding the playbook for quarterback Jason Campbell will be important to keep the Lions defense off-balance.

4. Washington will pressure Matthew Stafford: The Redskins have only generated two sacks thus far and will likely dial up more pressure packages against Detroit's young quarterback. Stafford has been prone to mistakes early in the season and pressure could exploit his inexperience.

5. Matchup to watch: Lions OC Dominic Raiola vs. Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth. This will be a critical battle in the trenches that will have a huge impact on this game. Raiola is an athletic competitive lineman that plays with great technique but would appear to be overmatched in this battle. Haynesworth can control the middle of the line with great push against the pass and penetration that will disrupt the Lions ground attack. If Raiola can keep Haynesworth at bay the Detroit offense has a chance to move the ball on the Redskins defense, but this will surely be a tough task for the crafty nine-year veteran.

6. Detroit will need to get their ground attack going: The Lions showed signs of being a physical offense in last week's matchup with the Vikings, racking up 129 yards on the ground. Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan will pound the ball between the tackles with designed cutback plays for second-year back Kevin Smith.

7. Expect a more precise game plan: Stafford has made too many costly mistakes thus far and we are likely to see a more concise game plan with less reads and more short passes to get the ball out quickly. Look for more high percentage passes on short crossers and option patterns as well as an occasional deep toss to Calvin Johnson.

8. Detroit needs to make the Redskins one-dimensional on offense: Washington wants to be a physical offense in the trenches to set up their play-action, high-percentage passing game. Detroit defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham will utilize a mixture of eight-man fronts, interior stunts and zone run blitzes to force the Redskins to the air.

9. Look for a wrinkle on special teams: Field position will be a huge factor in this contest between two struggling football teams. The Lions have two very capable returners in Dennis Northcutt and Aaron Brown, which could change field position. Detroit may try something special like a fake punt or field goal to change the momentum in the game.

10. Matchup to watch: Lions WR Calvin Johnson vs. Redskins CB Carlos Rogers. Johnson is one of the best perimeter targets in the league and is clearly a mismatch for most defensive backs. He will be a tough assignment for fifth-year corner back Carlos Rogers. Look for Johnson to get lots of balls thrown his way especially in the red zone where he can use his size to out jump Rogers. Johnson will likely draw double coverage at times, but Carlos Rogers will be tested when out on an island in pure man coverage schemes.

Prediction
adv: det Washington 21
Detroit 23
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
BrunellMVP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #22
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Well if herm predicts like he coached, he's not going to last long at espn lol
Old 09-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #23
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Even if Herm hasn't exactly demonstrated himself to be brilliant, there is ultimately nothing surprising, given what we've seen from the Redskins in their first two games, that there is someone picking the Lions to win this Sunday.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #24
MTK
\m/

I could really care less what Herm thinks, or any of the other supposed experts. Detroit is not winning this game.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #25
Green1
Special Teams

Zorn needs to put this up in the locker room. If the skins lose Zorn is going to lose his job for sure.
Green1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #26
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I'm curious to see how our man off coverage works against Calvin Johnson. Id be getting it to him a lot as the Lions. People love to say we shouldn't worry. Were you the same folks predicting the "blowout" of the Rams? This will be another close game that requires some good plays and some luck to win.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #27
The Goat
Pro Bowl

I figure the defense has to be perfect for us to win because the Lions offense really isn't that bad. They could easily score close to 20 pts and that's where things get really scary.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #28
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I figure the defense has to be perfect for us to win because the Lions offense really isn't that bad. They could easily score close to 20 pts and that's where things get really scary.
Agreed... their offense is much more dynamic than the Rams. Kevin Smith ran for 83 yards against a good Vikings front last weekend and we're only holding teams to about 114 a game. If we don't give Rogers help, Megatron may be in for a huge day... so let's hope for pressure. I'm scared of Brandon Pettigrew arriving Sunday, as well.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #29
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Who would have thought Zorn would be facing a must win game --again-- headed into week three.
Personally, I don't think it's a must win.. If we lose, it's whatever. That doesn't mean we can't end the season 14-2 (Ha, just a thought).. But more so a "save face" game. God knows if we lose to the Lions, we'll be the laughing stock of the entire NFL.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #30
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

Got to be honest I am nervous about this game. The Lions are going to have to end their streak at some point. The Skins need to wake up and punch it in inside the 20.
TheSmurfs22 is offline   Reply With Quote