Redskins Resign Jamaal Brown

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #16
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Resign Jamaal Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
What about Chicago and Detroit. Chicago actually tried to trade for him. And he could certainly beat out Corey Hilliard in Detroit. Not to mention J'Marcus Webb in Chicago.
I think Hilliard is just placeholding until Backus comes off PUP (IF Backus comes off PUP -- if not, they'll need OL help). Webb is the guy in Chicago as long as Martz/Tice are there. They really like him at RT.

Advertisements
Old 07-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #17
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I'd like to know the numbers...
Because contract numbers typically break from the agent's side, the longer you go without hearing them, the more team-friendly the deal is.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #18
EEich
The Starter

Anyone know the $numbers$?
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #19
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I think Hilliard is just placeholding until Backus comes off PUP (IF Backus comes off PUP -- if not, they'll need OL help). Webb is the guy in Chicago as long as Martz/Tice are there. They really like him at RT.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

I will get Harris signed in Detroit or Chicago

or Denver, San Diego, Oakland, Kansas City, Indy, Jax, Houston, Tenn, NE, New York, Miami, Buffalo, Baltimore, Pitt, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Philly, Washington, Dallas, Seatle, St. Louis, Arizona, San Fran, Minnesota, Green Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa, or Carolina

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #20
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
A move we expected.. I wonder if we are done with O-line yet? I still want us to add a guard that could come in to compete for the spot, that is unless coaches like Hicks enough not to sign anyone else.
KS hinted Chris Chester is going to get first look at RG. Doesn't mean the buck stops there but I look for Hicks to backup both G & T. I prefer Brown over Heyer....glad he decided to resign.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #21
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Good. Didn't care if we kept him or signed Harris. Now if we got neither I woulda been pissed.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Good. Didn't care if we kept him or signed Harris. Now if we got neither I woulda been pissed.
I gotta feeling with might get both. You can mos def see a change in the market since the frenetic pace of the first several days. Harris, from what ive seen but more from what i read, is not that great. Being he is a system fit and a Shanny pick leads me to believe, for the right price, Harris could be in here as a valuable back up. Even though J.B. is supposidly ready to go, that hip kept him out for awhile and when he played still hurt at the beginning of last year, he was largely ineffective. Id say we still in the market looking for some back up help, Harris would be nice addition.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #23
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I gotta feeling with might get both. You can mos def see a change in the market since the frenetic pace of the first several days. Harris, from what ive seen but more from what i read, is not that great. Being he is a system fit and a Shanny pick leads me to believe, for the right price, Harris could be in here as a valuable back up. Even though J.B. is supposidly ready to go, that hip kept him out for awhile and when he played still hurt at the beginning of last year, he was largely ineffective. Id say we still in the market looking for some back up help, Harris would be nice addition.
Harris won't come here now because like most NFL players, if they were a starter on one team, the expect to start on another. He's too young to just say "Yeah I want to be a backup, even though I was starting for the Broncos." But if he does come here than GREAT! He's way better than Stephon Heyer on a good day.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:32 PM   #24
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Mark my words, Harris will be a Chicago Bear next season and he will start at RT when healthy
Quote:
Brown, seventh-year pro, on Sunday agreed to terms with Washington on a five-year, $27.5 million deal. He chose the Redskins over Arizona, Kansas City and Chicago.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 07-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #25
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

5 years $27.5Mil, same as Bowen.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #26
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
5 years $27.5Mil, same as Bowen.
That could be a steal. For a guy with his track record and the position he plays $27.5 million could have easily been the signing bonus. Makes me laugh when I think of how much money Chad Clifton wanted from us last year. Hopefully it reflects well on our culture seeing as how he got offers from two other playoff teams.

Confidence grades for Starting Line

LT - Trent Williams: A- (All the talent in the world but still learning the game)
LG - Kory L: B- (Plays the easiest position on the line and has the skillset needed to succeed in a zone blocking scheme)
C - Will Montgomery C+ (Upgrade over Rabach, and he plays with a very good motor but doesn't have a ton of natural ability. Maybe I'm just bitter about the team not drafting Rodney Hudson).
RG - Chris Chester B+ (Would grade out as a B for most teams but I love him in this scheme)
RT - Jammal Brown B+ (Much healthier now and really came around at the end of last year. Still say that we have a better pair of bookends right now then Samuals and Jansen in their primes).

- FRPLG
Old 07-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #27
chrisl13
Special Teams

Good signing that brings continuity to the o-line. We need to sign a backup, one not named Stephon Heyer.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #28
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl13 View Post
Good signing that brings continuity to the o-line. We need to sign a backup, one not named Stephon Heyer.
This. The biggest thing for me is continuity, constant reshuffling makes the line suck, at least they won't suck as hard as they have in years past. And while we're on O-line, I would love to pick up another G/C, someone who can push to start -- Beck is going to need a lot of help

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #29
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaster45 View Post
I think we will probably draft another RT in the second to third round in a year or two.
That makes too much sense.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #30
That Guy
Living Legend

denver already said they won't be bringing harris back, so he's still out there.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote