Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will JC Get a Contract Extension From His Stats or Playoff Berth?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #16
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: Will JC Get a Contract Extension From His Stats or Playoff Berth?

Irish isnt a fan of JC to begin with, so he will always see it his way.

The truth is until JC plays with another coach/org we will not be able to see if it Zorns fault or Campbells. Both variables will continue to get confounded.

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #17
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Irish isnt a fan of JC to begin with, so he will always see it his way.

The truth is until JC plays with another coach/org we will not be able to see if it Zorns fault or Campbells. Both variables will continue to get confounded.
Exactly...to a somewhat unbiased person (which I am not) right now, Campbell looks like a pretty good QB. After the Rams game, the #1 thing people were complaining about, was the playcalling by Zorn. If this were to continue, the team gets an average record but JC puts up good stats with solid play, he might get canned here but he'll sign somewhere else.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #18
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
DS doesnt want to have a "game manager" at QB. He openly went out of his way to get a Pro Bowl QB who puts points on the board and throws for 300 yards a game. Thats what he wants, not a 200 yd a game QB who hands the ball of and makes a good throw when the team needs it. I may be wrong but this is what i get from the latest actions of our FO.
I sure the front office does not care if the QB throws for 400 yards or 200 yards if they are winning games. JC has good stats but not the best results which he will need to change to stay around. I also do not think Zorn's fate revolves around JC because the front office tried to bring in a new QB and if we have a bad season then the blame maybe laid on JC and not as much Zorn. Rather thats fair or not I could see it going down that way but its really a little early in the season to discuss that.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #19
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Exactly...to a somewhat unbiased person (which I am not) right now, Campbell looks like a pretty good QB. After the Rams game, the #1 thing people were complaining about, was the playcalling by Zorn. If this were to continue, the team gets an average record but JC puts up good stats with solid play, he might get canned here but he'll sign somewhere else.
Well its not like JC was winning a bunch of games under Gibbs so its not like Zorn is his first coach. I actually think Gibbs stressed so much do not turn over the ball it has impacted how JC plays still today.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #20
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I agree firstdown, Gibbs has a huge impact on JC's mentality. But I still think Zorn has the reins on JC real tight.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #21
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Right now, its highly unlikely JC voluntarily stays on as QB next year. Zorn will definitely be fired by the end of the season and Campbell isnt going to want to stick around to learn a new system every 2 years. If Shanahan or Holmgren becomes HC and promises to keep the same offensive system... then MAYBE we can convince him to stay. But thats the only way I can see it happening.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #22
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Yes but in the end, Campbell comes out with a good statistical game, and Zorn comes out like he has no balls in the RZ. If what you say is true, Zorn has a big problem and he needs to figure out how to minimize JC's weaknesses and win games, because like I said he's the one looking bad right now, not Campbell.
I agree Zorn looks bad and I'm sure he knows he looks bad. I'm also sure Zorn doesnt care about JC's stats as long as the team wins so all involved will continue to work to maximize the opportunity to win.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #23
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I think Zorn's calls the plays to minimize JC's weakness at QB and like you said, right now he looks bad for doing it.
I dont think Zorn is psychic, he doesnt have a "crystal ball" on the sidelines. He is an idiot if this is the way he wants to coach, he will never be successful, and neither will Campbell. Why not open up the playbook, call your damn plays, and we will find out if JC sinks or swims. Right now JC looks capable, and the plays(especially in the redzone) look questionable. Take off the handcuffs and lets see if the guy can play quarterback, otherwise its just Zorns best guess of what he thinks JC can handle.

I prefer a game manager, not the gunslinger(Cutler, Romo) so Im hoping that he continues to progress. JC has all the talent in the world, Im not sure why Zorn doesnt feel he cant "handle" whatever he wants to throw at him. I really dont buy this reasoning, I feel like Zorn is just over his head and not a very good playcaller.

In the end, its about wins/losses....all the stats in the world wont matter.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #24
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

On espn it has that with JC as the starter, our offense avg's 1.74 td's a game. This has to change for him to stay.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #25
nyredskinsfan
Special Teams

Quote:
What makes you say that right now? Because the only thing that Zorn's playcalling is doing is making Zorn look bad. I think if JC gets good stats but not that many Ws, that will be fine for him b/c his stats will land him a new contract somewhere else. I think now more than ever, Zorn is depending on JC to do well and get the Ws for the sake of his job.

Well DS doesn't want a game manager because he wants to win now...but like I said earlier, if the team win, that won't matter.
Did you ever think that maybe Zorn is calling plays that he thinks Campbell can execute and he doesn't call plays that Campbell hasn't been able to grasp?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #26
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyredskinsfan View Post
Did you ever think that maybe Zorn is calling plays that he thinks Campbell can execute and he doesn't call plays that Campbell hasn't been able to grasp?
He thinks, he thinks, he thinks.....bottom line is he doesnt KNOW anything! Roll the dice, if the guy falls on his face, we know what the next step will be. The way this is unfolding, neither will be here next year and we are starting over AGAIN!
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #27
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyredskinsfan View Post
Well that's on Zorn then. His first responsibility when he came here was to develop Campbell. And if he couldn't, he shouldn't have been so vocal about keeping him there this past offseason
Old 09-22-2009, 10:51 AM   #28
Monkeydad
Living Legend

His stats should do it for him even if we don't make the playoffs (we will).

Here's how he compares to the coveted offseason QB and draft pick:

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post593004
Old 09-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #29
nyredskinsfan
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
He thinks, he thinks, he thinks.....bottom line is he doesnt KNOW anything! Roll the dice, if the guy falls on his face, we know what the next step will be. The way this is unfolding, neither will be here next year and we are starting over AGAIN!
The dice has been rolled. Next year, no Campbell as starter. Zorn will still be the HC. Remember, Zorn inherited Campbell.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #30
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Right now, its highly unlikely JC voluntarily stays on as QB next year. Zorn will definitely be fired by the end of the season and Campbell isnt going to want to stick around to learn a new system every 2 years. If Shanahan or Holmgren becomes HC and promises to keep the same offensive system... then MAYBE we can convince him to stay. But thats the only way I can see it happening.
Now thats funny a statement.