Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
C-Jason Brown
LT-Smith
RT-Rogers Saffold

RB-Stephen Jackson

Plus Pat Shurmur at OC guiding a young QB

Then you also have to look at Colt McCoy also he's playing quite well in his limited starts
Roger saffold is a rookie 2nd round pick

Stephen Jackson is having a terrible year...the rams rushing attack averages 3.8 yards per rush, and has 7 total tds.

Who is pat shurmur? I googled him and on the first page there is a movement to get him fired.

Lets not get carried away on colt mccoy...he had 3 tds in 5 starts, and averages under 200 yards per game.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Roger saffold is a rookie 2nd round pick
And he's a key member of a good OL.
Quote:
Stephen Jackson is having a terrible year...the rams rushing attack averages 3.8 yards per rush, and has 7 total tds.
Are you trying to say that Stephen Jackson isn't a good RB?
Quote:
Who is pat shurmur? I googled him and on the first page there is a movement to get him fired.
You don't know who he is but you're ready to claim he's not good b/c its suits you're point? Wow that's good logic.
Quote:
Lets not get carried away on colt mccoy...he had 3 tds in 5 starts, and averages under 200 yards per game.
By the same token lets not get carried away w/ Bradord when McCoy is also having success w/ a higher QB rating (against tougher competition).
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
And he's a key member of a good OL.

Are you trying to say that Stephen Jackson isn't a good RB?

You don't know who he is but you're ready to claim he's not good b/c its suits you're point? Wow that's good logic.

By the same token lets not get carried away w/ Bradord when McCoy is also having success w/ a higher QB rating (against tougher competition).
Not sure how key of a member Saffold is, and I'm not sure how good the O-line is. Lets get real, zero of us watch the rams games enough to know how good saffold is doing. I know I will get jumped on for saying this, but I do think it is reasonable to say he is not ideal just based on the fact that he is a rookie second rounder.

Yes, I am saying that Steven Jackson is not doing well, which is not helping bradford at all. And the other RB's are doing even worse.

I'm not saying that the oc is bad because I do not know if he is. I'm just saying that the fact that rams fans are calling for his job is indicative that he is clearly not the shining star that would cause bradfords success.

Lets get real, nobody in their right mind thinks McCoy is even close to Bradford. Bradford is carrying his team and putting up respectable numbers with nobody. I really don't care what McCoy's passer rating is when he has a 1:1 td to int ratio, 3 tds in 5 starts, and averages under 200 yards a game. Also, McCoy greatly benefits from Hillis in the same way that Ryan and Flacco benefited from their rushing attacks back in 2008. Before you jump to conclusions, I am not saying McCoy is bad, but IMO he has not impressed yet, and is not even comparable to bradford.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
30gut
Playmaker

Someone is gaga for Bradford and won't hear of anything to the contrary
Old 12-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Someone is gaga for Bradford and won't hear of anything to the contrary
If you say one bad word about Chase Daniel I'll f***ing ban your ass for life!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
NYCSkin
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Not sure how key of a member Saffold is, and I'm not sure how good the O-line is. Lets get real, zero of us watch the rams games enough to know how good saffold is doing. I know I will get jumped on for saying this, but I do think it is reasonable to say he is not ideal just based on the fact that he is a rookie second rounder.

Yes, I am saying that Steven Jackson is not doing well, which is not helping bradford at all. And the other RB's are doing even worse.

I'm not saying that the oc is bad because I do not know if he is. I'm just saying that the fact that rams fans are calling for his job is indicative that he is clearly not the shining star that would cause bradfords success.

Lets get real, nobody in their right mind thinks McCoy is even close to Bradford. Bradford is carrying his team and putting up respectable numbers with nobody. I really don't care what McCoy's passer rating is when he has a 1:1 td to int ratio, 3 tds in 5 starts, and averages under 200 yards a game. Also, McCoy greatly benefits from Hillis in the same way that Ryan and Flacco benefited from their rushing attacks back in 2008. Before you jump to conclusions, I am not saying McCoy is bad, but IMO he has not impressed yet, and is not even comparable to bradford.
Allow me to be the one to jump first...

Saffold has given up only two sacks this year as a rookie LT.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
He has no support on offense whatsoever. The rams arguably had the worst receiving corp in the league BEFORE 3 of his top 4 receivers got placed on IR. He has a second round rookie protecting his weak side, and a 30 year old career backup guard starting on his strong side (he has. He is not getting support from a running game that averages 3.8 yards per carry and only has 7 tds. And he has no tight end.
I disagree he has no healthy WRs but imo he does have the two most important factors for a young QB: a good OL and good coaching.
Stehpen Jackson is consider by most savvy NFL fan's one if the best RB in the league who BTW already has a 1,000+yards @ 3.9 ypc.
He has 2 TEs but they aren't 'name' TEs but they're producing at a high level.

Quote:
Speak for yourself my friend i watch a lot of football.
Sometimes at a bar sometimes opn RZ sometimes i even watch the NFL package 30 minute re-caps.
Saffold is playing well and the Rams have a good OL.

Quote:
1,000+yards 3.9 ypc is not doing well?

Quote:
How can you argue like this? Its not logical.
You don't know but you're gonna assume he's not doing a good job b/c somewhere that you don't quote claims Shurmur should be fired?
If you ask me nicely i'll tell you about Shurmur, but he has designed a nice offense predicated on Bradford making easy reads and getting the ball out quick.

Quote:
I'll get back to this one^^
Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I disagree he has no healthy WRs but imo he does have the two most important factors for a young QB: a good OL and good coaching.
Stehpen Jackson is consider by most savvy NFL fan's one if the best RB in the league who BTW already has a 1,000+yards @ 3.9 ypc.
He has 2 TEs but they aren't 'name' TEs but they're producing at a high level.

Speak for yourself my friend i watch a lot of football.
Sometimes at a bar sometimes opn RZ sometimes i even watch the NFL package 30 minute re-caps.
Saffold is playing well and the Rams have a good OL.

1,000+yards 3.9 ypc is not doing well?

How can you argue like this? Its not logical.
You don't know but you're gonna assume he's not doing a good job b/c somewhere that you don't quote claims Shurmur should be fired?
If you ask me nicely i'll tell you about Shurmur, but he has designed a nice offense predicated on Bradford making easy reads and getting the ball out quick.

I'll get back to this one^^
3.9 ypc is junk.

His TEs are not named tight ends because they are not good...none of them have started a full season in their career.

There is literally no way you watch enough rams games to analyze how good of a job saffold is doing week in and week out. I'm calling shenanigans on that one.

I never said shurmar was bad, I just said he's not a stud oc that carries his team. Yes I do think a team movement to get him banned does say at least that much.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #9
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
3.9 ypc is junk.
How about the 1,000+ yards that goes along the with the ypc not to mention the 10th ranked yards per game that Jackson provides?

Quote:
His TEs are not named tight ends because they are not good...none of them have started a full season in their career.
There production doesn't matter b/c you haven't heard of them before?
There's literally no logic in your statement.
You realize that every player at some point has never started a full season in their career at somepoint?

Quote:
There is literally no way you watch enough rams games to analyze how good of a job saffold is doing week in and week out. I'm calling shenanigans on that one.
Just b/c you don't watch a lot of football doesn't stop the rest of us from watching other teams.
Also i never said i analyzed Saffold but you're making a blind claim about him just b/c it suits you're argument, which again is the absence of logic and another poster cleared up the question about Saffold quite nicely for us.

Quote:
I never said shurmar was bad, I just said he's not a stud oc that carries his team. Yes I do think a team movement to get him banned does say at least that much.
If you back pedal any further you're fall off a ledge.
LoL a team movement? Really?
Care to support claims w/something? a quote a link something
Old 12-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
skinster
Impact Rookie

[quote]
Quote:
How about the 1,000+ yards that goes along the with the ypc not to mention the 10th ranked yards per game that Jackson provides?
Jackson is the only one on that team that gets carries...that is why he is ranked so high in yards. 3.9 yds per carry is even less impressive when you have only 4 tds...indicative on not being a short yardage back.

Quote:
There production doesn't matter b/c you haven't heard of them before?
There's literally no logic in your statement.
You realize that every player at some point has never started a full season in their career at somepoint
You misinterpret me. I'm not saying that because they are not know that automatically means they are not good, I'm saying that with these guys they are not known because they are not good...look at their start totals.
Any quality TE would have started at least close to one full season.

Quote:
Just b/c you don't watch a lot of football doesn't stop the rest of us from watching other teams.
Also i never said i analyzed Saffold but you're making a blind claim about him just b/c it suits you're argument, which again is the absence of logic and another poster cleared up the question about Saffold quite nicely for us.
First of all, you did say you watch them play, and said saffold is good...you honestly can't know that about an O-lineman unless you are paying attention to him, please don't backtrack.

Second of all, there is no blind claim being made. It is a claim based on statistics. Putting ANY rookie offensive linemen in usually isn't ideal, but to have a non-first round OL really isn't ideal. Yes it's true he could be doing well. But with not having analyzed him it is not unreasonable to assume that a second round rookie OL isn't ideal.

Thirdly (is that a word?), sacks is not a statistic. The reason behind that is it is too hard to know who gave up what sack. Bradford's been sacked 27 times playing in the nfc west...someone has got to be busting some coverages on that great o-line. But 2 credited is still impressive, I might be wrong and he might be good, but even if he is I do not find it wrong for me to assume that he is not an ideal blind protector this year (just like I still don't think bellicheck made the wrong decision to go for it on 4th and 2 against the colts last year)

Lastly, I watch every football time slot on TV...which is 4 a week during most weeks. That's only 8 teams a week I can watch playing at any given time...so at most I'd only be able to have seen about 3 rams games so far if I chose to watch them over other games. That's simple math telling us that no, you most definitely have not watched enough rams games to make any statement about their left tackle.

Quote:
If you back pedal any further you're fall off a ledge.
LoL a team movement? Really?
Care to support claims w/something? a quote a link something
I would love you to show me when I said he was bad.
And I had a typo about the "team movement" comment, I meant to say "home team movement" as in the fans not the players. But I actually just read the link I saw, and I was wrong about that too. Here's the link I saw St. Louis Please Fire Pat Shurmur Still the guy does not seem to have a good enough pedigree to credit bradfords success to him.

Lastly, please stop insulting my logic, trust me, there is nothing wrong with it.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #11
rypper11
The Starter

Quote:
3.9 ypc is junk.

I do watch a lot of Rams games (not all mind you because they are sometimes at the same time as the Skins) and, while I can't say anything specifically about Saffold, the OLine is good but inconsistent.
Jackson is still a stud RB if not one of the best in the league. Part of his ypc avg being below 4.0 is the 10man fronts he's facing. There is no viable deep threat to stretch the field.
When games are tied he's averaging 5.0 ypc, when the Rams are behind it's 4.5 and when ahead it's only 3.1. Against Seattle and Carolina (both wins) the whole defense knew he was getting the ball and he still was running over guys though he was being hit first in the backfield and gaining very little yardage.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Lets get real, nobody in their right mind thinks McCoy is even close to Bradford.
Only time will answer this question.
But there are some former coaches turned analyst that thought very highly of and McCoy and one who claimed that McCoy was the most pro-ready of the QBs to some out last year.

Quote:
Bradford is carrying his team and putting up respectable numbers with nobody.
Finally we agree.
Quote:
I really don't care what McCoy's passer rating is when he has a 1:1 td to int ratio, 3 tds in 5 starts, and averages under 200 yards a game.
How can argue with this logic when you flat out dismiss one of the main metric used to judge QB performance?

Quote:
Also, McCoy greatly benefits from Hillis
Stephen Jackson actually gives Bradford more yards per game then Hillis does for the Browns: 83.2 ypg vs 82.3 ypg
NFL Stats: by Player Category

Quote:
IMO he has not impressed yet, and is not even comparable to bradford.
Of course you're not impressed by McCoy (for one you've probably never watched him play) b/c in your mind it would probably take away from Bradford's performance.
But, if you were to take an honest look at McCoy's 1st starts even statistically w/o watching the games you can see he's gone up against against some pretty good defenses like the Steelers and Jets defense that gives established NFL QBs fits he's played well.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:04 PM   #13
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
How can argue with this logic when you flat out dismiss one of the main metric used to judge QB performance?
Its just what I value when evaluating qb's. I've noticed that as a trend, the quarterbacks that throw the most td passes year in and year out have a tendency to be the best....same with rookie qb's and projecting them. Not always right, but its what I've found to be the most accurate measurement of rookie qbs.
Quote:
Stephen Jackson actually gives Bradford more yards per game then Hillis does for the Browns: 83.2 ypg vs 82.3 ypg
Actually the browns get more yards per game than the rams. But they are close enough that it is irrelivant. What I find to be most relivant for a featured back is YPC and TDs. The fact that Jackson has significantly worse ypc, but the same yards means that the rams (bradford) completes more 3rd down conversions than the browns.

Quote:
Of course you're not impressed by McCoy (for one you've probably never watched him play) b/c in your mind it would probably take away from Bradford's performance.
But, if you were to take an honest look at McCoy's 1st starts even statistically w/o watching the games you can see he's gone up against against some pretty good defenses like the Steelers and Jets defense that gives established NFL QBs fits he's played well.
Thanks bud, your a pal. Anyways, I view McCoy as a lesser roethlesberger. Someone who is not a conventional qb, but finds a way to win. His numbers do suck though, and he has not done enough to convince me beyond doubt that he has what it takes to lead a winning ballclub. I haven't written McCoy off yet, but he still hasn't done enough to prove anything to me.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #14
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Actually the browns get more yards per game than the rams. But they are close enough that it is irrelivant.
Right.
But you said this:
Quote:
Also, McCoy greatly benefits from Hillis
Which is why i pointed out that in fact Stephen Jackson gives Bradford more YPG then Hillis gives the Browns:
Quote:
Quote:
What I find to be most relivant for a featured back is YPC and TDs. The fact that Jackson has significantly worse ypc, but the same yards means that the rams (bradford) completes more 3rd down conversions than the browns.
This is a unsupported blanket assumption/opinion/speculation the lower ypc could have any number of meanings.

Quote:
Anyways, I view McCoy as a lesser roethlesberger. Someone who is not a conventional qb, but finds a way to win. His numbers do suck though, and he has not done enough to convince me beyond doubt that he has what it takes to lead a winning ballclub. I haven't written McCoy off yet, but he still hasn't done enough to prove anything to me.
Colts numbers sucks? But Bradford's are the best you've ever seen for a rookie QB?
81/127---63.8 comp %
975 yards
7.7 YPA
3 TDs/ 3 INTs
85.3 QB Rating

I view McCoy kinda like a cross between a more disciplined version of Romo and a bigger stronger armed Jeff Garcia.
Anyway here's some McCoy highlights:

Old 12-16-2010, 05:29 AM   #15
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Right.
But you said this:

Which is why i pointed out that in fact Stephen Jackson gives Bradford more YPG then Hillis gives the Browns:

This is a unsupported blanket assumption/opinion/speculation the lower ypc could have any number of meanings.

Colts numbers sucks? But Bradford's are the best you've ever seen for a rookie QB?
81/127---63.8 comp %
975 yards
7.7 YPA
3 TDs/ 3 INTs
85.3 QB Rating

I view McCoy kinda like a cross between a more disciplined version of Romo and a bigger stronger armed Jeff Garcia.
Anyway here's some McCoy highlights:

I do have responses for your posts, but I'm craming for finals now. I'm not going to respond, but don't think this means I'm done...I'll be back (hopefully I'll remember to be back).