Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Adam Schefter: What's Wrong with the Redskins

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
Hail to the Redskins
The Starter

Adam Schefter: What's Wrong with the Redskins

Hey... anyone have ESPN Insider?

On the front page to ESPN, there is a link to Adam Shefter's mailbag... apparently he talks about the Redskins at some point cause the link on the front page says "Adam Shefter: On what's wrong with the Redskins"

I couldn't access it b/c you have to have ESPN Insider access...

Can someone that can... post that info here? Thanks!

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Re: Adam Schefter: What's Wrong with the Redskins

Q: Hey Adam, when you think of the Redskins' hiccups over the last couple of years, do you look at [coach Jim] Zorn or personnel? I tend to think the coach has a good model, but from a talent standpoint yesterday, I feel like we were way outclassed by the Giants. -- Shaun (Lynchburg, Va.)

A: Shaun: It's one game. Let's not get too carried away just yet. I happen to like the Redskins' personnel. I think they could use an infusion of youth on the offensive line, and the team needs some of its young receivers to take a step forward. But the truth is, this team will be only as good as its quarterback, Jason Campbell. I really expect him to play very well this season, and he still might. But he must play better than he did in the opener.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Is there anything else that can be said that hasn't already been said about what's right, and what's wrong with the Redskins?

If you read what's been said here the last two days, it just about covers it all. I don't see Adam Shefter eclipsing anything said here.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Q: Hey Adam, when you think of the Redskins' hiccups over the last couple of years, do you look at [coach Jim] Zorn or personnel? I tend to think the coach has a good model, but from a talent standpoint yesterday, I feel like we were way outclassed by the Giants. -- Shaun (Lynchburg, Va.)

A: Shaun: It's one game. Let's not get too carried away just yet. I happen to like the Redskins' personnel. I think they could use an infusion of youth on the offensive line, and the team needs some of its young receivers to take a step forward. But the truth is, this team will be only as good as its quarterback, Jason Campbell. I really expect him to play very well this season, and he still might. But he must play better than he did in the opener.

I do agree with the statement 100%. JC HAS to step up and be the leader of this team, and bottom line no matter how you spin it and it doesn't matter two shits who is on the field with him. He has to put points (20+) up on the board,for us to be successful.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:31 PM   #5
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
And I agree with the statement 100%. JC HAS to step up and be the leader of this team, and bottom line no matter how you spin it and it doesn't matter two shits who is on the field with him. He has to put points (20+) up on the board,for us to be successful.
No disagreement here. If only he was put in such positions to do so (shotgun, 65-35 pass:run ration) it'd be nice to see what he could do.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
MTK
\m/

The Giants didn't play all that great either. I'm kinda perplexed over those saying we got outclassed or dominated.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

The Giants O scored 17 points.....at home....what's the big deal? They are accustomed to putting up much better scores than that
JC did do some stupid rookie moves. Our O line had problems. Our D did not put enough pressure on Manning against.....the best O-line in the league?
Our D DID have several KICK ASS Goal line stands, and WHO did not love Brandon Jacobs running about 140 yards less than the last time we met?
We have work to do.......so what. AT this moment the Bills are beating the PATS
It's a long sesason and a lot of good things are still to come to this team.
HTTR
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The Giants didn't play all that great either. I'm kinda perplexed over those saying we got outclassed or dominated.

I was just frustrated with our damn TO'S in the first half.. but it's obvious that the Giants own us! We never play good up there and they are a better overall team..
Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Check that///the Bills are kicking NE's ass!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #10
12thMan
MVP

Check that, the Bills just fumbled.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #11
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
They were up 17 at one point and 13 with less than 2 minutes to go. But you make a point. Maybe the Giants aren't that good. Maybe the Skins got whooped by a middle of the road team.

From Boswell's column:

While the game was still in the hat, Campbell never got untracked. By the time the Giants hit a short field goal for a 23-10 lead with 3:12 to play, Campbell had passed for only 145 yards with one interception and two fumbles, one lost. However, his final drive, completing 5 for 6 for 66 yards, including a 17-yard score to Chris Cooley, raised, or padded, his quarterback rating to 93.6.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
44Deezel
The Starter

Brady being Brady.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #13
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
I do agree with the statement 100%. JC HAS to step up and be the leader of this team, and bottom line no matter how you spin it and it doesn't matter two shits who is on the field with him. He has to put points (20+) up on the board,for us to be successful.
Zorn has to take the shackles off of Campbell, put him in shotgun with 4wide sets, and I believe he will do much better. Again, the playcalling Sunday was pathetic IMO, and thats the bigger problem that needs to be addressed.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #14
Hail to the Redskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
Zorn has to take the shackles off of Campbell, put him in shotgun with 4wide sets, and I believe he will do much better. Again, the playcalling Sunday was pathetic IMO, and thats the bigger problem that needs to be addressed.
Could not agree more... Zorn is so predictable in his play calling overall, especially in the run game... then, only trying a pass over 20+ one time in the game, NEVER stretching the defense to get them off of Portis...

Between that, and the other GLARING fact from yesterday...

Anyone else notice the HUGE CHASM between Eli Manning & Jason Campbell? One QB reads the defense every play, scanning, and audibling to a play that will take advantage of the defense, whereas Campbell look like a deer in the headlights at the line sometimes, then making terrible audible call the one time I saw he did it (a -3 yd run).

Add in the that their D-Line is just flat out too strong & fast for our line, and I'm thinking we were lucky to score 17.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #15
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
The Giants O scored 17 points.....at home....what's the big deal? They are accustomed to putting up much better scores than that
JC did do some stupid rookie moves. Our O line had problems. Our D did not put enough pressure on Manning against.....the best O-line in the league?
Our D DID have several KICK ASS Goal line stands, and WHO did not love Brandon Jacobs running about 140 yards less than the last time we met?
We have work to do.......so what. AT this moment the Bills are beating the PATS
It's a long sesason and a lot of good things are still to come to this team.
HTTR
Actually it was 16.