Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should T.O. be a first ballot Hall of Famer?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
MTK
\m/

Re: Should T.O. be a first ballot Hall of Famer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontrem View Post
Not sure if I am misunderstanding you but TO never won a superbowl that I can think of. Did you mean he did so much to get them to a superbowl?
He said almost won them a SB.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
That's not how I read it.

"few receivers I can think of that almost single handily (or as close to single handily one can be in football) won his team a Super Bowl"

Sounds like he was saying that TO almost won the game single handily like they won the SB.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
That's not how I read it.

"few receivers I can think of that almost single handily (or as close to single handily one can be in football) won his team a Super Bowl"

Sounds like he was saying that TO almost won the game single handily like they won the SB.
Maybe the part in parentheses is confusing you, here try this:

"few receivers I can think of that almost single handily won his team a Super Bowl"

Granted it's still poorly worded.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
On a broken leg!

That's when I began to respect him...even though I was rooting for his team to lose that game.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
firstdown
Living Legend

[QUOTE=Dirtbag59;808940]He's the one of the few receivers I can think of that almost single handily (or as close to single handily one can be in football) won his team a Super Bowl, and anyone knows that knows me knows thats about the highest compliment I can give a wideout.

Damn right he's a first ballot hall of famer.

Right now T.O is probably the second best receiver of all time. However I think if Fitz can get a QB one day he'll be passed by Larry. Andre Johnson will also probably surpass T.O one day. No one will ever pass Jerry.

Can anyone imagine how celebrated he would be if it wasn't for all the antics and me first attitude? He has an amazing work ethic and unlike many receivers he's willing to go over the middle, never got in trouble with the law either. Which all to often gets overshadowed by fights with teammates, feuds with QB's/coaches, and overall being a bad teammate.[/QUOTE

When did TO win a SB?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Yep. I was never high on T.O.'s career because he's been in decline since that 2004 season, but he was a fringe hall of famer anyway based solely on what he did in San Francisco for 8 years. He was a pretty good player after age 30 as well.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
Hog Heaven
Camp Scrub

I think T.O. will be a first ballot Hall of Famer for sure. He has the numbers, and he hasn't done anything really crazy for a while. We have pretty short-term memories as a country, so some of the off the field issues have faded to the background.
Hog Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #8
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I might have spoke to soon on never being in trouble with the law albeit he's still never been in trouble criminally speaking.

Quote:
Terrell Owens accused of failing to pay child support

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 29, 2011, 8:21 PM EDT

AP
Terrell Owens has made tens of millions of dollars in his NFL career, but he currently stands accused of withholding money that he owes for the care of one of his children.

The Associated Press reports that the mother of one of Owens’ children says he has refused to pay the full $5,000 a month in child support he owes.

According to the mother, Melanie Paige Smith, Owens’ financial advisers told her Owens decided to no longer pay the full amount. Owens’ agent, Drew Rosenhaus, did not return messages seeking comment from the Associated Press.

There have been conflicting media reports about how many children Owens has. Owens said in an interview last year that he has a three-year-old son whom he’s never met because of hard feelings between himself and the boy’s mother. It is not clear whether that mother is the mother seeking child support in this case.

Permalink 24 Comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
Seems like a tactic to force the mother to let him meet his kid.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #9
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

OH......the humanity of it all..........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:37 PM   #10
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

While T.O had his share of quality QB's he still never had someone like Peyton throwing to him yet he was still able to put up more yards. I also want to avoid whoever has the higher number wins but the gap in TD catches is pretty far apart even taking into account the fact that T.O has two years on Marvin.

Plus T.O never shot a gun at another person

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:51 PM   #11
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
While T.O had his share of quality QB's he still never had someone like Peyton throwing to him yet he was still able to put up more yards. I also want to avoid whoever has the higher number wins but the gap in TD catches is pretty far apart even taking into account the fact that T.O has two years on Marvin.

Plus T.O never shot a gun at another person
But I bet some people would think harrison over TO. They get so caught up with the player based on what is defined as a good player for their team, rather than looking at them as a person outside the scope of football and stats. When these types of considerations are a part of the public's selection criteria, stats tend to get left on the back burner. Sure TO can be a punk at work but he hasn't been caught up in major criminal investigations. If we are going to start analyzing players beyond in the field numbers, and them as people, let's start with not being involved in shootings.

You could say a part of Monk's delay getting in also had to do with his personality or lack theirof. When it came to game and postgame, he wasn't compelling. Not what the public wanted from a player, so the stats got lost in he equation. Him and TO might have the same results getting into the HOF just due to being on the extremes of the expected personality spectrum.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:06 AM   #12
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
But I bet some people would think harrison over TO. They get so caught up with the player based on what is defined as a good player for their team, rather than looking at them as a person outside the scope of football and stats. When these types of considerations are a part of the public's selection criteria, stats tend to get left on the back burner. Sure TO can be a punk at work but he hasn't been caught up in major criminal investigations. If we are going to start analyzing players beyond in the field numbers, and them as people, let's start with not being involved in shootings.

You could say a part of Monk's delay getting in also had to do with his personality or lack theirof. When it came to game and postgame, he wasn't compelling. Not what the public wanted from a player, so the stats got lost in he equation. Him and TO might have the same results getting into the HOF just due to being on the extremes of the expected personality spectrum.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Personally I think TO is a first ballot HOF, but the HOF voters will make him wait a year.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:06 AM   #13
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Yes!!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #14
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Yeah, they say off-field stuff doesn't matter. And it seemingly doesn't when it's truly off-field. Hence why it didn't take any time to consider guys like Lawrence Taylor and Michael Irvin.

But, your locker room/post game personality I'm certain is a factor for many voters. Even if they deny it
Old 06-30-2011, 02:47 AM   #15
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Harrison was better more recently. T.O. had the better career overall.