The Case For...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #31
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: The Case For...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Im thinking about it... JC gets the snap Boldin, Moss, Cooley running their routes. No protection for JC. JC cant find recievers. SACK! or kill Portis again!Official Site of the Arizona Cardinals

EUGENE MONROE - VIRGINIA - OFFENSIVE TACKLE
YouTube - LT Eugene Monroe Highlights Virginia 2008
lets start doing things in order.
Exactly. Nice post 44. And Monroe is a topflight OT.

Advertisements
Old 02-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #32
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Exactly. Nice post 44. And Monroe is a topflight OT.
Im just afraid he will get taken too soon. Maybe we get lucky.

The problem I see with FA is anyone good is $$$$$ or/and franchise tag and age. The rest dont do much to help us. We definatly dont want to be giving up any draft picks.

I would like to do it through the draft and develop from within. We need to start finding our own diamonds in the rough instead of paying big for ify FA's.

Yes it may take a little longer to get where we want to go but once there we can be there for a long time.

After lossing for so many years, one winning season wont satisfy me.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #33
53Fan
Franchise Player

Alex Mack doing what he does. YouTube - Alex Mack Run Blocking Highlights
Old 02-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #34
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Alex Mack doing what he does. YouTube - Alex Mack Run Blocking Highlights
Very Nice 53! Guys like Mack is what makes the offense flow. Clear lanes for the QB to see and for RB's to explode through. We need to be looking at these type of guys. We also have to keep in mind that one of our WO's might develop in 2009 if this happens we could be looking at a post season.

But it wont happen without pass protection.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #35
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

This is a great year to draft an OT, but I'm leaning towards passing on one of the big four (or five, depending on your point of view) and going after either Vernon Carey or Khalif Barnes in free agency.

Barnes is probably more talented overall, but he has lots of question marks in terms of his maturity. I'd probably lean toward Carey. He can play almost all positions along the line, he hasn't missed a game in four or five years, he's only 27-28 years old. I understand that's not exactly young, but compared to what we have he's a baby.

I think if we can sign either one of them, it gives us some flexibility to trade down and not worry so much about getting an elite OT, but we could still get someone like a Britton or Duke Robinson later in the first to help our line out.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #36
44ever

Question Re: The Case For...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
This is a great year to draft an OT, but I'm leaning towards passing on one of the big four (or five, depending on your point of view) and going after either Vernon Carey or Khalif Barnes in free agency.Barnes is probably more talented overall, but he has lots of question marks in terms of his maturity. I'd probably lean toward Carey. He can play almost all positions along the line, he hasn't missed a game in four or five years, he's only 27-28 years old. I understand that's not exactly young, but compared to what we have he's a baby.I think if we can sign either one of them, it gives us some flexibility to trade down and not worry so much about getting an elite OT, but we could still get someone like a Britton or Duke Robinson later in the first to help our line out.
I would be happy with Duke Robinson.* I just really want the modern day Jacoby type player back in OT. If we could match Duke up with a stud OT we would dominate!
Old 02-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #37
DirtyLandry
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
It's a tradition I'd wish they'd get away from. If it is an uncapped year in 2010 I can see the logic. If it's not we'll have to eat a big s**t sandwich in cap space. Personally, I'd like to start developing our own Haynesworths, Dansbys, and Jacobs.
This team does not draft well. We've tried to "develop" guys like Golston and Montgomery and where has that gotten us?

Also, this team is not young and DOES NOT have time to develop a bunch of mid to later round picks. We need to win now or let the rebuilding begin in 2010. Theres not another single player that could improve a team like Haynesworth could.

Judging by the reaction from others on this site it's unequivocally clear that posters here watch far more college than they do the pros. I guess watching boys in school play sloppy football is more entertaining.

I can also guarantee that Haynesworth is not Bruce Smith, Deon Sanders or Adam Archuletta. I can understand why fans are apprehensive when it comes to free agent acquisitions, but it doesn't mean you just shy away from FA's all together. Drafting well is important, but so is spending top dollar to add elite players that could augment your entire team.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #38
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLandry View Post
This team does not draft well. We've tried to "develop" guys like Golston and Montgomery and where has that gotten us?

Also, this team is not young and DOES NOT have time to develop a bunch of mid to later round picks. We need to win now or let the rebuilding begin in 2010. Theres not another single player that could improve a team like Haynesworth could.

Judging by the reaction from others on this site it's unequivocally clear that posters here watch far more college than they do the pros. I guess watching boys in school play sloppy football is more entertaining.

I can also guarantee that Haynesworth is not Bruce Smith, Deon Sanders or Adam Archuletta. I can understand why fans are apprehensive when it comes to free agent acquisitions, but it doesn't mean you just shy away from FA's all together. Drafting well is important, but so is spending top dollar to add elite players that could augment your entire team.
Everyone here knows what Haynesworth can do. Its not just about $$$ its about giving up draft picks. Haynesworth will have a tag no doubt.
Agent: Titans plan to franchise DT Haynesworth by deadline
Old 02-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #39
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

as far as Haynesworth goes; I think he really wants to stay in Tennesse - ala Brett Farve/GB, the pro bowl interview i saw he really had a hard time distancing himself. If a player only leaves due to money, he's not gonna be the same player at the next place. He gushed over his family and their place in Tennessee.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #40
DirtyLandry
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Everyone here knows what Haynesworth can do. Its not just about $$$ its about giving up draft picks. Haynesworth will have a tag no doubt.
Agent: Titans plan to franchise DT Haynesworth by deadline
I hear what your saying, but Mr. Smack did not ask "Whats the most prudent, logical, fiscally responsible move you would make in the offseason."
Old 02-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #41
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLandry View Post

I made my pick and I'm sticking to it.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #42
REDSKIN1
Special Teams

I'm going out on my on here but I would have to say Matt Hassleback. Even though I like Campbell and I think he can develop. But, the true problem on our offense down the stretch was the quaterback play. The def. finished ranked number 4, so I will leave them alone. Portis ran for over 1200 yards, so the off. line must have been doing something right. However we didn't have one receiver over 1000 yards and Chris Cooley only had 1 touchdown catch. I would trade Jason Campbell and this years first round pick. And if I couldn't get Matt I would go after Donovan. Up grade the QB position and hopefully one of our Rookie wide receivers steps up to fill the number 2 spot and move Randel to the slot. Worry about up grading the line next year.

What do you think?
Old 02-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #43
DirtyLandry
Special Teams

I would get Hasselbeck as a back up.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #44
53Fan
Franchise Player

[QUOTE=REDSKIN1;527084]I'm going out on my on here but I would have to say Matt Hassleback. Even though I like Campbell and I think he can develop. But, the true problem on our offense down the stretch was the quaterback play. The def. finished ranked number 4, so I will leave them alone. Portis ran for over 1200 yards, so the off. line must have been doing something right. However we didn't have one receiver over 1000 yards and Chris Cooley only had 1 touchdown catch. I would trade Jason Campbell and this years first round pick. And if I couldn't get Matt I would go after Donovan. Up grade the QB position and hopefully one of our Rookie wide receivers steps up to fill the number 2 spot and move Randel to the slot. Worry about up grading the line next year.

What do you think?[/QUOTE]

You asked.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #45
REDSKIN1
Special Teams

[quote=53Fan;527087]
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKIN1 View Post
I'm going out on my on here but I would have to say Matt Hassleback. Even though I like Campbell and I think he can develop. But, the true problem on our offense down the stretch was the quaterback play. The def. finished ranked number 4, so I will leave them alone. Portis ran for over 1200 yards, so the off. line must have been doing something right. However we didn't have one receiver over 1000 yards and Chris Cooley only had 1 touchdown catch. I would trade Jason Campbell and this years first round pick. And if I couldn't get Matt I would go after Donovan. Up grade the QB position and hopefully one of our Rookie wide receivers steps up to fill the number 2 spot and move Randel to the slot. Worry about up grading the line next year.

What do you think?[/QUOTE]

You asked.

Which part do you find the funniest?