Report: Grossman Starting on Sunday

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-17-2010, 11:55 AM   #46
WilbursHomie
Special Teams

Re: Report: Grossman Starting on Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
Leave it to the Washington Redskins to F up these situations. First, the defense situation. Taking a perfectly run 4-3 and switching to something not having the players. Then taking the best Dlineman you have and one of the best in the league and totally screw that up. (not saying Albert is right on this, but you have a really good front 4 with AH playing full time and being more aggressive, but instead you switch to something that we dont have the players for) I am glad AH is suspended, but leave it to us to screw up a player that was DOMINANT. Now you take a 2nd round and what ever other round pick for a Hall of Fame QB, and completely ruin this by benching him. To say this is McNabbs issue, or his fault is a complete joke. This organization has completely ignored the most important aspect of a winning football team for longer than a decade, THE OFFENSIVE LINE. I dont care who you have behind center in this organization, they would not be doing anything better than the previous QB's that have been here. Can we not see what is going on. Every QB that has been under Danny and Vinnys watch has failed miserably. Eventually you look at the common denominator in all this and its the front office in ability to draft quality offensive lineman. The RB and QB are only as good as the "fat guys" up front. (Smoot's words) We have to be the most ingnorant run organization in the NFL. Shanny lost quite a few players with the whole AH situation, now he is losing even more with the McNabb benching. I am sure he will be losing quite a few fans over this crap. It is absolutely ridiculous. The guy may not be having a probowl year, but look at what he is doing behind one of the worst offensive lines in football. 4K passing yards, most in his career, may have played in all 16 games for the 1st time in his career, have basically zero running game (except last week, but TB stopped it in the 2nd half)
it is crap!
Exactly, with no O line, it doesn't matter. Now what kills me is with the picks we gave up for McNabb we could have fixed our entire O line problem in one draft next year and been on our way to recovery.
WilbursHomie is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #47
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Here's the way I see it:

McNabb's deal is the epitome of an incentive-based contract. Here you go, Donovan, it's the 5 year deal you wanted -- but, we can void it at the end of this year, so you have 8 games to prove you deserve it. He hasn't done that, and it doesn't look like he will, so onto the next guy. Why wait?

F the controversy caused by hothead fans.
Yeah, but why judge him on a season with a joke of an offensive line, terrible WR's, and a revolving door of UDFA running backs? I wasn't expecting a big year from Donovan, and I'm all for seeing what Rex/Beck have, it's just the way the organization has handled it that has been so awful.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #48
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I think we are all pissed over how this situation was handled. Everyone is blaming McNabb for this, when the OFFENSIVE LINE IS SHIT! The guy is hit, sacked, hurried more than any QB in the league. Can't people see this has been a year in year out thing with this team. It doesn't matter who the QB is, the oline is the worst in the league every year because Danny and Vinny wanted the SEXY pick instead of the right pick. second point is this, why waste a 2nd round pick on McNabb if you are going to have this outlook. Now that is a 2nd rounder we wont have next year, and still wont have a QB. Give the guy a break. We have no line, No WR worth a damn (and dont bring Santana into this, he isn't a #1) no RB worth a shit, but McNabb is playing hard, making plays, and throwing for more yards than he ever has. This is just Redskins life. We always find a way to screw something up. Hell, we fire the damn punter/holder instead of the damn kid that is the worst freaking kicker in the league. That to me is just insane.
I agree, without an offensive line it's hard to evaluate players, but it still has to be done. You can't give a pass and hand out 5 year contracts to old QBs who underachieve just because the line is shit. I'm thinking Shanahan was expecting something different than what he saw. Maybe more scrambling, maybe better work ethic, I don't know. It sucks that we lost a 2nd, but that was a risk that was worth taking, considering McNabb's credentials.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:01 PM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Here's the way I see it:

McNabb's deal is the epitome of an incentive-based contract. Here you go, Donovan, it's the 5 year deal you wanted -- but, we can void it at the end of this year, so you have 8 games to prove you deserve it. He hasn't done that, and it doesn't look like he will, so onto the next guy. Why wait?

F the controversy caused by hothead fans.
It's not like he has a cast of all-stars all around him. He's not Manning or Brady, he's not going to have a great season with guys that have barely played football at a professional level. Like I said I see your argument, but at this point all this does is tell the world that things really haven't changed in DC. When things go wrong, find the scapegoat and stick him out in front of the crowd.

Whether McNabb is here or not next year is a conversation for the offseason. I realize McNabb hasn't been perfect but singling him out with 3 games left in the season doesn't do anything but create bad press.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:01 PM   #50
RFKRat
Special Teams

Pffff. Who cares. It's not like McNabb is having a great season and the Redskins are 10-3 trying to nail down a playoff spot. They stink, and McNabb's the 25th rated QB in the league and leads in INTs. Yeah he's thrown for a lot of yards but when you have as many attempts as he has, you're going to pile up a bunch, even if you consistently miss open receivers and bounce balls.

His backers and columnists are already wailing about respect, etc....plleeeeeeeeeease.
RFKRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #51
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKRat View Post
Pffff. Who cares. It's not like McNabb is having a great season and the Redskins are 10-3 trying to nail down a playoff spot. They stink, and McNabb's the 25th rated QB in the league and leads in INTs. Yeah he's thrown for a lot of yards but when you have as many attempts as he has, you're going to pile up a bunch, even if you consistently miss open receivers and bounce balls.

His backers and columnists are already wailing about respect, etc....plleeeeeeeeeease.
If you're going to come in here, get your facts straight instead of spouting off b.s.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #52
MTK
\m/

Shanahan sure loves himself some drama, and this is all this is going to create.

Might as well just cut McNabb now. Why not?
Old 12-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #53
mlmdub130
Playmaker

schefter now just said on espn, that mcnabb will not return and he feels more disrespected than he has ever been in his career. gay

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #54
Longtimefan
Playmaker

I saw this coming a month ago when McNabb was benched at the end of the Detroit game. I even posed the question, did anyone think Grossman would start a game before seasons end. If the report is actually true, we have our answer. I can't imagine this going over well.

Last edited by Longtimefan; 12-18-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #55
MTK
\m/

Hard to argue with DM right now. I'd want outta here too if I were him.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #56
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
schefter now just said on espn, that mcnabb will not return and he feels more disrespected than he has ever been in his career. gay
And the circus continues. Ahh man. I really help just laughing at this point.

Yeah, Schefter just said "the marriage between the Skins and McNabb is over. It's over."

McNabb will play in Arizona (his home) next year, and then just fade into retirement.

Sigh.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #57
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Hard to argue with DM right now. I'd want outta here too if I were him.
Thank god we only used a worthless 2nd round pick on him. Given our recent 2nd round history we should be lucky we got some production out of it.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #58
firstdown
Living Legend

OK, what other team had these same issues with a coach and they have done just fine?

Also we don't know this for sure but if it is true maybe they want to see if we chould keep him as our 2nd string QB.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #59
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

I'm so frustrated this franchise can't seem to get out of it's own way. We have cornered the market of combining poor on field performances with more self created drama than anyone in sports! I've never been close to giving up on one of my teams but dammit they are making me strongly consider it!

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:12 PM   #60
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I just hope that if we do cut McNabb we don't move to Grossman or Beck as the answer for 2011.

But see this is news to get worked up over, Hunter Smith being waived...not so much