Redskins D-coordinator talks frustration over Haynesworth

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #61
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Redskins D-coordinator talks frustration over Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaster45 View Post
I think we will hold on to him through training camp looking for a trade and if we cant find one then i think we will release him.
Training camp? Oh, no! This team doesn't need another AH training camp fiasco. The next one would be even worse than the first one. This man will not be in good enough physical shape for training camp. Allowing him to be seen in training camp by other teams would probably reduce his trade value to zero, if it's not there already.

Beyond that, I think that it would be a mistake to ever again allow AH to attend any team activity.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #62
juskins
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Training camp? Oh, no! This team doesn't need another AH training camp fiasco. The next one would be even worse than the first one. This man will not be in good enough physical shape for training camp. Allowing him to be seen in training camp by other teams would probably reduce his trade value to zero, if it's not there already.

Beyond that, I think that it would be a mistake to ever again allow AH to attend any team activity.

I agree totally. The best thing for the Skins to do is suspend Albert from the team and take him before the Special Masters Office of the NFL to address the non-performance of a contract signed by Albert.

He is taking up a roster spot and if another team wants him they would have to wait until the above hearing would produce a verdict.

Using him as an example is getting tired and its time to move on.
juskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #63
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I agree that keeping him would waste a roster spot...but...it would sure send a message about the changes being made by this organization. No more taking the money and laying down in Washington. It's not that easy anymore. The reputation of this team among players in the NFL is that it's a place to go to get paid and that's pretty f'ed up.
Exactly!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #64
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Rich Tandler:
CSNWashington.com

*Haynesworth may not leave quickly and quietly. After what Jim Haslett had to say about Albert Haynesworth not wanting to do anything, it would appear that the free agent bust has lost his last possible supporter in the organization. But don’t look for the Redskins to release him as soon as the NFL lockout ends as some expect (and as most are hoping). Mike Shanahan does not want to set a precedent that bad behavior will get you the freedom to go out and cut a free agent deal with a seven-figure bonus check. And he won’t dump him for a late draft pick after paying him all that money. There is a chance there will be a clean break that takes place soon after transactions are allowed but don’t be surprised if there is further drama when the lockout is lifted. [unq\
Old 06-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #65
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by juskins View Post
I agree totally. The best thing for the Skins to do is suspend Albert from the team and take him before the Special Masters Office of the NFL to address the non-performance of a contract signed by Albert.

He is taking up a roster spot and if another team wants him they would have to wait until the above hearing would produce a verdict.

Using him as an example is getting tired and its time to move on.
I didn't know that such recourse was available to the Redskins. Why not use it, then? After all, he's useless to them and I'm pretty sure his contract doesn't state that he will only play on 3rd down in a 3-4 defense and then only if he is allowed to freelance.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #66
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

I swear Fat Als half dumb...

He's probally such a weird locker room guy too..

CUT THIS BUM.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #67
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Rich Tandler:
CSNWashington.com

*Haynesworth may not leave quickly and quietly. After what Jim Haslett had to say about Albert Haynesworth not wanting to do anything, it would appear that the free agent bust has lost his last possible supporter in the organization. But don’t look for the Redskins to release him as soon as the NFL lockout ends as some expect (and as most are hoping). Mike Shanahan does not want to set a precedent that bad behavior will get you the freedom to go out and cut a free agent deal with a seven-figure bonus check. And he won’t dump him for a late draft pick after paying him all that money. There is a chance there will be a clean break that takes place soon after transactions are allowed but don’t be surprised if there is further drama when the lockout is lifted.
The longer that Albert Haynesworth is on the roster, the longer that the media will continue to remind everyone of the dysfunction that is this team. In the end, I see this as a way for the team to not admit that they made a mistake. They'd rather continue this drama and media circus rather than cutting their losses, admitting their mistake, and moving on from this error.

And it appears to be working, since we have fans clamoring for the team to "discipline Haynesworth" and "letting him rot on the bench" and blah blah blah blah. As I said before, if the team wants to change the culture, it needs to start by admitting their mistakes and moving on from them.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #68
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The longer that Albert Haynesworth is on the roster, the longer that the media will continue to remind everyone of the dysfunction that is this team. In the end, I see this as a way for the team to not admit that they made a mistake. They'd rather continue this drama and media circus rather than cutting their losses, admitting their mistake, and moving on from this error.

And it appears to be working, since we have fans clamoring for the team to "discipline Haynesworth" and "letting him rot on the bench" and blah blah blah blah. As I said before, if the team wants to change the culture, it needs to start by admitting their mistakes and moving on from them.
*deep sigh*
We fd up.. we fd up bad.
I can't believe we all wanted this guy too I still remember the threads myself included.
Hell never be able to play good enough to stop the media either.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #69
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

Why are you so worried about the media asking the players about AH? It's not a big a deal as you think it is. It's not like it has an outcome on the games. If the players let this effect their performance then they're probably not someone we want anyway.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #70
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:

Screw the media. They'll be on us no matter what we do, it's always been that way, at least since Dan Snyder became the owner. They'll still rehash their same worn out lines about Snyder interfering and us blindly spending on everything that walks, even though those things aren't true anymore. Snyder has actually become the owner he should be, letting real football guys make the decisions. Haynesworth is a pre-Allen/Shanahan mess and it will be over soon enough. Then, they'll go back to bashing us for something else and if desperate for a real story, say we have a racost name and stir that political pot again.

If Haynesworth had even tried and played up to his actual talent level, no one would be complaining about his ridiculously-high contract or saying we're "disfunctional". The team can not be bashed much for this mess, other than taking a risk. Albert was a Pro-Bowl player, one of the best D-linemen in the game...and simply laid down and stopped trying. In the few instances he did try last year (Chicago game for example), he showed his dominance and what we paid for, but the majority of his time here, he's been a selfish, lazy headcase with legal issues to boot.

Yes I want him gone, but it has absolutely nothing about the media's opinion. If we strive to please them, we'll fail miserably and wreck the team on top of that. The media will never give us credit, let alone love us.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #71
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Why are you so worried about the media asking the players about AH? It's not a big a deal as you think it is. It's not like it has an outcome on the games. If the players let this effect their performance then they're probably not someone we want anyway.
I am not worry about the media, but why are you so worry about having "Haynesworth learn his lesson?" Don't tell me that it is about money, because the Redskins have lost money like that before many times over . And don't give me the "change of culture" BS, because teams like the Bengals insist on keeping malcontents, and it hasn't gotten them anywhere. And unless you have recently seen articles about players not caring about this issue, I don't know how you are "sure" that the players on the team are okay with this circus continuing.

Please explain to me WHY is it more important to keep this guy on the team and "teach him his lesson", rather than moving on and continue to build the team? Are people's feelings hurt because this guy lied to the team? On the one hand you say players should suck it up and not care about this locker room problem, but on the other hand many fans and the team are keeping a grudge and want to see this guy "destroyed"? Where's the obsession?

Part of rebuilding is moving on from the mistakes made in the past. I don't get the obsession on keeping this issue alive.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #72
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Yes I want him gone, but it has absolutely nothing about the media's opinion. If we strive to please them, we'll fail miserably and wreck the team on top of that. The media will never give us credit, let alone love us.
If you want him gone I have no argument against you. I just don't understand people's obsession with keeping the guy on the team. I have yet to read an argument that makes sense. Sadly, it seems that the NFL hasn't cared much about Haynesworth's issues (surprisingly) and suspended him. Unless that happen, he's just going to sit on the bench utilizing a roster spot and getting paid. Hell, that already happened last season.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #73
Defensewins
Playmaker

Great points Ruhskins.
It is time to move on. I couldn't care less what the media or rest of the country thinks of the Redskins or DS. Who cares? I don't.
Just win. Winning cures all....or at least field a competitive team that improves each year and is fun to watch.
I really think the delay in getting rid of him has more to do with trying to control or prevent AH from going to a team in our division like Philly. That would be a bad thing. I think a Tennessee deal would be ideal.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #74
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
If you want him gone I have no argument against you. I just don't understand people's obsession with keeping the guy on the team. I have yet to read an argument that makes sense. Sadly, it seems that the NFL hasn't cared much about Haynesworth's issues (surprisingly) and suspended him. Unless that happen, he's just going to sit on the bench utilizing a roster spot and getting paid. Hell, that already happened last season.
Let's hope that doesn't happen again this season. My greatest concern about having AH around is that we will be adding 12 draftees plus any UDFA's (and probably some veteran FA's) to the squad by training camp and I don't want him to be a bad example to impressionable young players. I hope that Redskins management will trade or release him by then.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #75
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Great points Ruhskins.
It is time to move on. I couldn't care less what the media or rest of the country thinks of the Redskins or DS. Who cares? I don't.
Just win. Winning cures all....or at least field a competitive team that improves each year and is fun to watch.
I really think the delay in getting rid of him has more to do with trying to control or prevent AH from going to a team in our division like Philly. That would be a bad thing. I think a Tennessee deal would be ideal.
Preach

And how could the league suspend him right now anyway?