Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Late Round Gems

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Late Round Gems

As many of you pointed out Shanahan likes to pick his running backs in the later rounds. I 've started to study the backs out there and there are some gems that we can get late in this draft. I really want us to pick lineman in the first 2 rounds, if we don't trade back into the first. So I ask you, who are some late round guys that you know that we should check out? All positions

I've talked about LeGarrette Blount in other threads. At his best he reminds me of a Steven Jackson because he can run on the inside and the outside. He won't go down from arm tackles. At his worst he reminds me of Lendale White. After his well known suspension this year I think he will fall in the draft, possibly into the 4rth or 5th round. Maybe even the 6th.

Another guy I would like to see us get is LaMarcus Coker. He has ran a 4.28 40 and excelled against top competition when he was at Tennesseee. After he left Tennessee he went to Hampton and has continued to shine. His issues are well documented but he has the talent to excell in special teams and has IMO- Chris Johnson/ Devin Hester type talent. Only comes around every few years. Between the 2 players I'd pick LaMarcus handsdown.