Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-02-2021, 01:04 PM   #226
MTK
\m/

Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
What is driving me crazy is that there are teams that have 90+% vaccination rates. Why are we the only ones at the bottom????
Hard to conclude anything other than we have too many not so smart guys on the team.

Advertisements
Old 08-02-2021, 01:11 PM   #227
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Masks and lockdowns were going to contain it, not end it. They were going to keep it in check until we could get shots in arms. What was not expected was so many people turning into dumb ass anti vaxxers over night because of YouTube videos.
This is precisely the bigoted, judgmental attitude that is making this debate so hateful.

Completely discounting people's actual, legitimate health concerns and pushing an untested, unapproved injection on them against their better judgement. Not wanting this experimental injection doesn't make someone an "anti-vaxxer", that's just blanketing and generalizing.

Many doctors are advising against it and actually making it a case-by-case basis. To do otherwise and universally inject everyone is just moronic and goes against the oath doctors take.

Do you even realize there are currently more people dying after and or/from the vaccines than from the virus itself?

.05% are dying after being vaccinated.

.03% are dying from the virus.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:27 PM   #228
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
This is precisely the bigoted, judgmental attitude that is making this debate so hateful.

Completely discounting people's actual, legitimate health concerns and pushing an untested, unapproved injection on them against their better judgement. Not wanting this experimental injection doesn't make someone an "anti-vaxxer", that's just blanketing and generalizing.

Many doctors are advising against it and actually making it a case-by-case basis. To do otherwise and universally inject everyone is just moronic and goes against the oath doctors take.

Do you even realize there are currently more people dying after and or/from the vaccines than from the virus itself?

what's your source on this?
Old 08-02-2021, 01:29 PM   #229
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

If NFL players had legitimate health concerns, they wouldn't be playing football. And yes, several NFL players always make risky health decisions in order to keep playing football. I don't know how this is different.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 01:30 PM   #230
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
what's your source on this?
HVAC guy probably.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-02-2021, 01:45 PM   #231
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:

LOL. Call me whatever you want, but Im not responsible for killing the world because Im spreading bullshit all over the walls.
Your post is straight bullshit. Qanon level bullshit.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:09 PM   #232
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Anybody else want to claim the vaccination is killing more people than the virus? There are plenty of badges of idiocy.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:01 PM   #233
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Stupid mother fucker, you're an embarrassment to your family.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:03 PM   #234
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
We shouldn't debate with imbeciles, it's not worth our time. We should ridicule them, though, for entertainment value.

You're a first class dipshit bro.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:34 PM   #235
SunnySide
Playmaker

Matthew Paras
@Matthew_Paras
·
4h
Rivera said he got the turnout he was looking for on Sunday when the team gave an opportunity for players to get vaccinated.

----------------

Really really hoping we arent taking J&J like the mfyankees.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:19 PM   #236
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Me in fall 2022 getting flu and covid booster shots at the same time.

LOL!!!

Reminds of a few years ago when, right before my daughter was born, I was getting the flu shot and realized I needed to get a Tdap booster vaccine.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-02-2021, 04:26 PM   #237
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Stupid mother fucker, you're an embarrassment to your family.

Old 08-02-2021, 04:31 PM   #238
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
What is driving me crazy is that there are teams that have 90+% vaccination rates. Why are we the only ones at the bottom????
The leaguewide vaccination rate of almost 90% (as of Friday) exceeds that of the reported United States numbers by almost 20%.

WFT (as of Friday) was right there with the national average of around 70%, and likely surpassed it on Sunday when guys like AGG decided to get the vaccine after being provided with more information about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/31/s...ning-camp.html
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:05 PM   #239
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
The leaguewide vaccination rate of almost 90% (as of Friday) exceeds that of the reported United States numbers by almost 20%.

WFT (as of Friday) was right there with the national average of around 70%, and likely surpassed it on Sunday when guys like AGG decided to get the vaccine after being provided with more information about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/31/s...ning-camp.html
That's good perspective. At the same time, the typical US citizen doesn't play on a football team who could have to forfeit games, causing every player to lose game checks.

If everyone in your neighborhood would lose 1/17th of their income if there was an outbreak in your neighborhood, you'd be more likely to get vaccinated too. That's why I can't understand why we're not at 90-95 percent. Hopefully getting there soon.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:51 PM   #240
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Fair enough then, back to the football side of it...

Teams with a higher percentage of unvaccinated players have a higher chance of forfeiting games. Nobody's going to argue with that unless they just don't understand anything about viruses or vaccines.

Bully for us. Best team we've had in years, it would be truly Redskinesque to finish 9-8 with two forfeits.
Yop, exactly my point all the way. The medical part of it I have little interest in, and I don't think it should be forced on anyone...
But as a fan of this team I wish we're not going to lose game because of a bloody shot billions of people got.