Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #46
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Keep in mind that they paid this guy $100M last year. He is behaving beyond selfish. That is just him. He was a real you know what with the Titans.

Advertisements
Old 05-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #47
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It's time to let this guy go, I'm so tired of hearing about Haynesworth not willing to play in a 3-4.. Please Allen/Shanny cut ties with him now before he becomes an even bigger distraction. (Maybe for Cedric Griffen) OK that's wishful thinking
link to reputable source?
Old 05-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #48
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
Keep in mind that they paid this guy $100M last year. He is behaving beyond selfish. That is just him. He was a real you know what with the Titans.
what?
Old 05-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #49
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
Selfish and I would say asshole is about correct. Did he get 100m last year your definitely in AZ. with that math. At this point he has received ~30 mil for less than one years output. Which is a joke. This clown is laughing all the way to the bank. A lot of folks expected this exact outcome.

Will we ever get much return outta this guy it certainly doesn't appear that way. The jury is out and I hope for the best for the REDSKINS as he is a difference maker when on the field, but he clearly doesn't like the 34 and/or nose and a lot of other things and reading between the lines I would bet Shanny/Bruce would love to give fat al a one way ticket outta DC. And I would not count that out before mandatory OTA's or before the season begins.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!

Last edited by skinsfan_nn; 05-09-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #50
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Selfish and I would say asshole is about correct. Did he get 100m last year your definitely in AZ. with that math. At this point he has received ~30 mil for less than one years output. Which is a joke. This clown is laughing all the way to the bank. A lot of folks expected this exact outcome.

Will we ever get much return outta this guy it certainly doesn't appear that way. The jury is out and I hope for the best for the REDSKINS as he is a difference maker when on the field, but he clearly doesn't like the 34 and/or nose and a lot of other things and reading between the lines I would bet Shanny/Bruce would love to give fat al a one way ticket outta DC. And I would not count that out before mandatory OTA's or before the season begins.
Yeah the way he's playing in the 3-4 you can tell that his heart isn't in it.

Wait.. what?
Old 05-10-2010, 01:14 AM   #51
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Can't wait for this season to begin with or once without him. BUT once he comes into Mandatory workouts he will step in line. I don't give a shit what the so called media says. He isn't happy about the 3-4, well maybe he should come in and find out what position he will actually be playing. Just move on till this is a real story. He isn;t here. There are a bunch of guys who are though.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:21 AM   #52
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I still think that if there is a disagreement between AH and MS, things would have been much better if both sides had a mutual conversation.

Haynesworth is a downfield pass rusher. Using him as a space eating NT is just as ridiculous as using Orakpo as a 4-3 OLB or using Landry as a FS. The whole using AH as a NT goes along with the issue of why are we trying to run a 3-4 defense when we don't have the personnel to do so. Everyone bitches at AH because they are still sulking b/c stupid ass Vinny gave him 100 mil contract. Yet they disregard the fact that this move to the 3-4 is risky with the personnel we have.

Had there been some type of dialogue, then the appearance of a rift between AH and the team would not have happened. And it would have put the Redskins into a better position of negotiating a Haynesworth trade to a team with a 4-3 defense. Instead, there appears to be the perception that the Redskins have a problem, and it could be the reason why teams may have been low balling the Redskins in a possible trade.

Personally, the best thing for the team to happen is for AH to show up in shape (he has to be leaner if he wants to sell the idea of being a 3-4 DE) and for Shanahan to put him as a DE in our 3-4 defense.
R.I.P. #21
Old 05-10-2010, 03:57 AM   #53
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

it'd be silly to release him...so if that's what you are hoping just stop thinking it right now cause it's not going to happen.

Also, if we were to do anything...which we won't cause he'll be a Skin next year no doubt..is trade him for a 1st rounder...or a 2nd rounder packaged with a stud.

other than that, you don't just trade(or let go for f's sake) TOP TIER DT's in the game for nothing!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:02 AM   #54
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

Had there been some type of dialogue, then the appearance of a rift between AH and the team would not have happened. And it would have put the Redskins into a better position of negotiating a Haynesworth trade to a team with a 4-3 defense. Instead, there appears to be the perception that the Redskins have a problem, and it could be the reason why teams may have been low balling the Redskins in a possible trade.
Looking at it strickly as a business ,doesn't AH need to take responsability also if there is no or has'nt been any dialogue as you say?He didn't like the Coachs last year and doesn't seem to like these guys or their scheme I ask becuase I feel we have the same problem with OSI,he just needs to shut up play better and do what the coaches want.(Osi that is)
Old 05-10-2010, 04:17 AM   #55
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Looking at it strickly as a business ,doesn't AH need to take responsability also if there is no or has'nt been any dialogue as you say?He didn't like the Coachs last year and doesn't seem to like these guys or their scheme I ask becuase I feel we have the same problem with OSI,he just needs to shut up play better and do what the coaches want.(Osi that is)
Yeah I'm drinking too.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:38 AM   #56
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Yeah I'm drinking too.
for real...this dudes post are absurd. can't spell, and doesn't know how to space after sentences...must be a NY Giants fan thing?

GiantsOne...run a spell check! If you are going to post slop for people to read on a REDSKINS fan site...at least make it legible for us so we can bash you back.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:33 AM   #57
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I still think that if there is a disagreement between AH and MS, things would have been much better if both sides had a mutual conversation.

Haynesworth is a downfield pass rusher. Using him as a space eating NT is just as ridiculous as using Orakpo as a 4-3 OLB or using Landry as a FS. The whole using AH as a NT goes along with the issue of why are we trying to run a 3-4 defense when we don't have the personnel to do so. Everyone bitches at AH because they are still sulking b/c stupid ass Vinny gave him 100 mil contract. Yet they disregard the fact that this move to the 3-4 is risky with the personnel we have.

Personally, the best thing for the team to happen is for AH to show up in shape (he has to be leaner if he wants to sell the idea of being a 3-4 DE) and for Shanahan to put him as a DE in our 3-4 defense.
The crazy thing is, both sides say there has been ongoing dialogue. Mike Shanahan referenced Shannon Sharpe as a player who trained on his own, and MS said he always expected him to come in ready and at Sharpe's best. He also said he hopes that AH does the same. If he said he had no complaints about AH being there he would be lying, but I have no doubt he also knows what AH can do IF he shows up in shape.
The biggest thing is that this is DC, and the media is going to portray an appearance of a rift somehow. Granted AH not showing up is disappointing to us fans, but he is not putting out all sorts of disruptive sourced statements about stuff. He is doing his work, I assume, and for all those who have said for 100Million dollars he oughta blah blah blah... just look at this like he is telecommuting. Heck people can do their jobs from all over the country nowadays, so just count him as the Skins one telecommuter. (I assume he has the playbook, and can grasp the basics at this point in his career).
Old 05-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #58
Schneed10
A Dude

Did you guys see this very interesting note from Phillip Daniels? According to him, he's been told that AH is not necessarily penciled in at NT, he might be playing some end. In reality, it's probably been the plan all along to move him back and forth from NT to end based on matchup, situation, etc.

But really, you're going to get your chance to make plays, you won't be a NT the entire time. And you still can't get here??

Quote:
"From what I'm told, he can play the end spot," Daniels said. "I've called him and told him that."
washingtonpost.com
Old 05-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #59
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Why is anyone surprised...it was well documented that he was a piece of s***. He stomped on another player's face, was never in shape, rarely got through a season because of his god-awful conditioning and should never have been signed. He's going to be here one more season and I hope we bounce his ass ASAP

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
Old 05-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #60
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Yeah the way he's playing in the 3-4 you can tell that his heart isn't in it.

Wait.. what?
i dont think its the 3-4 he is necessarily unhappy with, i think its the fact that he is due to make 3.8 mil this year and he thought by this time, after the draft, he would have already been shipped to a new team and would be negotiating a new contract for 8-10 mil a season.

Heard on the mike wise show phillip daniels called him before the draft to tell him the end spot is reserved for him. AH's response? yeah well see after the draft. Wise also said that shanny hasnt been in contact with him since he showed up that first day and the team used a vet leader like daniels (who has a good relationship with AH) to act as a median in getting the message to him.

i understand peoples position on this that we'll cross that bridge (what to do with AH) when we get to it but there are some seriously unprecendented things going on right now. the contract was absurdly frontloaded to a player with a rep for being motivated by only money.

i find the postering of both sides interesting. the new FO im sure wouldnt have done such a deal that left no monetary incentive for AH to play after the first 13 months. AH took the money with the expectation that he would be able to force his way out of it once he collected the 32 mil.

AH is set to make 3.8 mil this year. Im surprised so many on here dont take that into consideration for the way AH has acted the second the season ended.

IMO the 3-4 and other things are the only semi-legit "concerns" AH can put forth since he cant come out and say I dont want to play for 3.8 mil for the next 3 years (since he got paid 22 mil in April)

Im just surprised so few dont take into consideration that the real source of AH's malcontent is the remaining portion of his contract. If we had given him a reasonable normal contract which paid him 10 mil a season, I think he would be more willing to toe the company line.