Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Another Corner?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-08-2004, 05:56 PM   #46
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982
no more big names is what the skins have stated just role players. Expect us to take Jason Dunn of the Chiefs, The linebacker who got cut by the panthers because of Armstead and some good role model players. One big I just can't Snyder letting go is Sapp as much as I hate it he might end up a skin next year especially if the Buccs take Garcia.

Personally I'd rather take Wiley because he still may dominate this year
Cerrato was on "Elliot in the Morning" today, and he said unequivocally that the Skins will not pursue Sapp. He said Sapp "doesn't fit the profile of the kind of guy we're looking for," and that "he might be good for you guys on the radio, but not for the Redskins." Sounds like Gibbs' well-documented preference for what he terms "Redskins-type guys" is rubbing off on old Vinny and Snyder. A few years ago, the Skins' FO would have been begging Sapp to don the burgundy and gold. These days, Gibbs' personality standards have deemed Sapp unworthy of the colors. That's a rather comforting development, in my opinion.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2004, 06:01 PM   #47
Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp
Cerrato was on "Elliot in the Morning" today, and he said unequivocally that the Skins will not pursue Sapp.
I didn't hear this - who did he say we're going to go after then?? Or are we done shopping? Is Wiley a viable recruit?? If we got one more solid D-Lineman, I'd be pretty confident that Taylor is going to be a Skin...
Ade Jimoh Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:05 PM   #48
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

that is the best thing i have heard since i do'nt know when.sapp would be a waste of money and a huge distraction.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:55 PM   #49
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade Jimoh Fan Club
I didn't hear this - who did he say we're going to go after then?? Or are we done shopping? Is Wiley a viable recruit?? If we got one more solid D-Lineman, I'd be pretty confident that Taylor is going to be a Skin...
When asked about any more big names coming to the team, Vinny made it sound like they're pretty much done with any major shopping, and are only looking to make a couple more minor pickups, stating, "we're running out of money!" He said nothing about Wiley or Brackens (unless I missed it).

When pressed on the pass rush issue, he made a point of reiterating Gregg Williams' assertion that the Skins will be okay with Lavar and Marcus Washington rushing from the LB or DE spots.

I think a lot of this is the team blowing smoke, trying to make it sound like they feel comfortable with their defense as-is, and won't be looking to shop their #5 pick. Obviously, if other teams know they're going to use the draft to augment their pass rush, they'll also know that the Skins will be looking to trade down, as none of the premier pass rushers are currently valued to be much higher than the 10th pick or so. The more the Redskins make it sound like they're prepared to stand pat, the more other teams are likely to offer for their pick.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote