Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2019, 11:08 PM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
You being a little dramatic BB. I don't hate the guy. I just see him for the bum that he is. For the record, the 49ers team that he played for was stacked with talent. They were poorly coached but they definitely had great talent on both sides of the ball. He sucked for the first six years of his career. He didn't start winning until Jim Harbaugh came to San Francisco. After a few years he was replaced. He went to play under Andy Reid who is one of the best coaches in NFL history. He was replaced in KC. If he's such a great qb why does he keep getting replaced? You got qbs like Trent Dilfer who won a Superbowl. Does that make him better than Dan Marino or Philip Rivers? He had a winning record because he played on great teams. As a qb he's below average.
So were we a great team when he had us at 6-2? I can agree he's not a great qb, but he's a damn step better than average.

Pretty sure we would have had a solid shot at the playoffs if he hadn't gone on IR, but that's purely hypothetical at this point.

He isn't great, but he rarely made bonehead plays or put the defense at a disadvantaged starting position. That alone makes him above other QB's that we've had recently
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote