Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins re-sign Laron Landry?
Absolutely 42 24.14%
Only at the right price 100 57.47%
Let him walk 32 18.39%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #46
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

There is no way any team is going to give Landry a lot of money given the current and last season. I just doubt any team would risk giving him a good contract, he hasn't put himself in a position to get that. Which is an advantage for the Redskins I think, because they can keep him for a reasonable contract.
R.I.P. #21

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #47
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
There is no way any team is going to give Landry a lot of money given the current and last season. I just doubt any team would risk giving him a good contract, he hasn't put himself in a position to get that. Which is an advantage for the Redskins I think, because they can keep him for a reasonable contract.
A team will give him big money, somebody always does.

If we were an outside team 3 years ago, Laron Landry would be a Redskin. (not that he isn't)
Old 11-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #48
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Bad example. Looks to me he is earning the money he got.
He's earning it now because his FA experience "woke him up". We give him a 8 million for 4 years, and he'll be the same old 'Los because he thought that his previous level of play was plenty enough to get that 8 million.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #49
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

We need to keep LaRon. Carlos I couldn't see being that great on another team. LaRon though, I definitely could see him being good on another team. Keep him.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #50
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

By the way, today is the 4 year anniversary of Sean Taylor's death.

Remembering Sean Taylor, four years after his death - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth

Last edited by SFREDSKIN; 11-27-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #51
skinster
Impact Rookie

Without a doubt we try to re-sign him. The flashes he showed all last year, and in game one this year are too good to ignore. He could break out at anytime IMO. Will it be a good re-sign where we get our money's worth? probably not because he's going to get alot of money, is inconsistent, and injury prone. But its necessary considering we have so little talent on this team. We (especially shanny who wants to keep his job) can't afford to let any talent out the door if we want to do anything but scrap our whole team and start anew.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #52
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

You offer Landry a good/fair contract and if he chooses not to take it you let him go and Dajon Ghomes becomes the starting strong safety. Either way you are building the team up w/ Redskins because we drafted both players.

The more important contract extension needs to be for Rak Daddy. The Rak Daddy/Kerrigan sack combo needs to be cemented in stone for the next 4 years till its time to resign Kerrigan.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #53
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
You offer Landry a good/fair contract and if he chooses not to take it you let him go and Dajon Ghomes becomes the starting strong safety. Either way you are building the team up w/ Redskins because we drafted both players.

The more important contract extension needs to be for Rak Daddy. The Rak Daddy/Kerrigan sack combo needs to be cemented in stone for the next 4 years till its time to resign Kerrigan.

I like your thinking here. Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan knows what the Redskins have in the secondary already and Gomes could develop into something special. And if Landry decides to move on to another team, the Redskins can already draft a safety.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #54
freddyg12
Playmaker

Landry's groin is now a problem. Really a shame that this year he's never been completely healthy it seems. Will make any decision on him that much tougher.

For the capologists, is it true that LL will be a restricted free agent in 2012? How is that, he's played 5 years? Written into his deal as an 'option' year? I see a 1 yr. tender offer coming to him while they decide if he can stay healthy & show improvement in his game too.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #55
The Goat
Pro Bowl

I wouldn't pay LL much at this point. Fundamentally he's the weakest safety on the roster...the latest example being the Seattle game where Landry fails to even raise his arms to make a tackle and the receiver bounces off him and runs 20+ yards. If you can't do the basics right you don't get benefit of the doubt sorry.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #56
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
For the capologists, is it true that LL will be a restricted free agent in 2012? How is that, he's played 5 years?
Yes this is his 5th year, signed the deal in 2007.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #57
Meks
Pro Bowl

there was already a thread with the landry argument... slowly this is turning into that again.. name 5 safties better not named troy or reed, go for it, then let me know how we can sign them... besides that, ur wasting ur breath.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 12-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #58
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
there was already a thread with the landry argument... slowly this is turning into that again.. name 5 safties better not named troy or reed, go for it, then let me know how we can sign them... besides that, ur wasting ur breath.
You're correct we have been over this. It was easy then as it is now to think of several safeties better than LL if you follow the league (not just the Skins).

Antoine Bethea - Ind
Tyvon Branch- Oak
George WilsonB - Buf
Roman Harper - NO
Dawan Landry - Jax
Antrel Rolle - NYG
Kenny Phillips - NYG
Ryan Clark - Pit

And of course Ed and Troy top the list. LL is a top 10 safety on his best day...he's average at best on most days. Each guy on the list above has outperformed Landry since the aquillies injury hands down. Certainly there is room for personal preference as in I think Clark, Harper and Branch are actually far more talented than Laron, but the point is there's no rational argument he's better than any of these guys.

The notion Laron Landry is an elite safety or even a great safety is becoming the greatest myth in Skins history. He's not a bust as I used to believe but he was never more than a poor man's Roy Williams...now looking this way more than ever.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #59
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Yes this is his 5th year, signed the deal in 2007.
Right, my question is how is that he's restricted after 5 years? by contract? I thought the new cba, like the old, granted free agency after 4 years.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #60
Meks
Pro Bowl

can't agree with a single one u just posted.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Closed Thread