Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What was the LLoyd vs ARE arguement about at the end of the game?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
redsk1
The Starter

What was the LLoyd vs ARE arguement about at the end of the game?

Anyone heard? I didn't see it but heard it mentioned on redskins lunch. I did see Lloyd throw his helmet though. Kindof a bonehead play, but our offense looked confused, lost, and innept over the last 6-7 minutes of the game.

FWIW i like LLoyd and at least he has shown some heart, so on this one i'll give him a pass. He was most likely p*****. When we throw to him he catches it and good things happen. More importantly the guy blocks his a** off. Thoughts...
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-04-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
BeastsoftheNFCeast
Special Teams

Re: What was the LLoyd vs ARE arguement about at the end of the game?

Lloyd is a decent blocker, but everything else you said was a bunch of crap, he has dropped many balls (lots of them being important plays), and to my memory had only one big play, and that didnt even result in a touchdown.
BeastsoftheNFCeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
SkinsLove24/7
Special Teams

I don't think Lloyd and ARE were fighting. It was just that Lloyd got fired up and ARE grabbed him to keep under control from doing something stupid.
SkinsLove24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #4
VTSkins897
Impact Rookie

yeah i had to drive to the airport at the end of the game. what exactly happened with that?
VTSkins897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #5
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsoftheNFCeast View Post
Lloyd is a decent blocker, but everything else you said was a bunch of crap, he has dropped many balls (lots of them being important plays), and to my memory had only one big play, and that didnt even result in a touchdown.

has he really dropped "many balls", as you say ? i only recall him dropping a few. i think him and A.R.EL have been pretty good additions to the team,yes they've been a little sporadic(sp) but so has the whole offense.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #6
BeastsoftheNFCeast
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
has he really dropped "many balls", as you say ? i only recall him dropping a few. i think him and A.R.EL have been pretty good additions to the team,yes they've been a little sporadic(sp) but so has the whole offense.
he hasn't dropped "many" in numbers but he has dropped a real high percentage of balls thrown his way when he wasn't hit when recieving, just not that many balls has been thrown his way, so 5 drops is a rediculous amount. And neither Randle El nor Lloyd have greatly impacted any game that we won. In fact Lloyd hasn't greatly impacted any game that we've played. I wouldnt be surprised if neither of those recievers had a game above 50 yards. You tell me any other number two reciever that has that little production, much less one that has a 30mil contract.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #7
hesscl34

Quote:
he hasn't dropped "many" in numbers but he has dropped a real high percentage of balls thrown his way when he wasn't hit when recieving, just not that many balls has been thrown his way, so 5 drops is a rediculous amount. And neither Randle El nor Lloyd have greatly impacted any game that we won. In fact Lloyd hasn't greatly impacted any game that we've played. I wouldnt be surprised if neither of those recievers had a game above 50 yards. You tell me any other number two reciever that has that little production, much less one that has a 30mil contract.
WAaaaaaaaaaa! I just want to drink and make it stop!!!!!!!
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:12 PM   #8
dall-assblows
The Starter

didn't they almost get in a fight in the Indy game, but players pulled them apart?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:29 PM   #9
BeastsoftheNFCeast
Special Teams

Quote:
Yea, I just officially checked, and against dallas, Lloyd had one catch for 52 yards, but besides that, neither Lloyd nor Randle El has a game of over 50 yards, but guess who does, that's right our wide reciever with the second most yards in a single game is James freaking Thrash with 3 catches for 53 yards. That just pisses me off so much that both Lloyd and Randle El are paid so much and are outpreformed by an old piece of crap. I dont have anything against Thrash I'm just venting my anger at whoever creates the contracts, I wouldnt care if Randle El and Lloyd werent paid so much but they are.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:44 PM   #10
LMsexyAO
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Yea, I just officially checked, and against dallas, Lloyd had one catch for 52 yards, but besides that, neither Lloyd nor Randle El has a game of over 50 yards, but guess who does, that's right our wide reciever with the second most yards in a single game is James freaking Thrash with 3 catches for 53 yards. That just pisses me off so much that both Lloyd and Randle El are paid so much and are outpreformed by an old piece of crap. I dont have anything against Thrash I'm just venting my anger at whoever creates the contracts, I wouldnt care if Randle El and Lloyd werent paid so much but they are.
What is your problem, man. The ball has to be thrown to them before they can get yards; you make it seem like they are dropping every pass that comes to them. They are solid additions in my opinion. Plus you've got your stats wrong.. ever hear of a guy named Chris Cooley? Our offensive passing game has been very short-yardage stuff (Pre-Campbell at least) with the exception of Moss and Cooley, ergo it's not completely their fault. Cut them some slack.
LMsexyAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #11
BeastsoftheNFCeast
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMsexyAO View Post
What is your problem, man. The ball has to be thrown to them before they can get yards; you make it seem like they are dropping every pass that comes to them. They are solid additions in my opinion. Plus you've got your stats wrong.. ever hear of a guy named Chris Cooley? Our offensive passing game has been very short-yardage stuff (Pre-Campbell at least) with the exception of Moss and Cooley, ergo it's not completely their fault. Cut them some slack.
First off, Chris Cooley doesn't count, I said Wide Recievers. I don't actually think they're bad players, I'm not pissed at them at all, I'm more or less pissed at the coaching staff, the bad contracts they've signed, and then they don't use the players they sign. I was just expressing my extreme frustration. And I honestly think that anyone else who isn't as pissed as I am at this situation isn't a true skins fan.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:08 PM   #12
LMsexyAO
Impact Rookie

Quote:
First off, Chris Cooley doesn't count, I said Wide Recievers. I don't actually think they're bad players, I'm not pissed at them at all, I'm more or less pissed at the coaching staff, the bad contracts they've signed, and then they don't use the players they sign. I was just expressing my extreme frustration. And I honestly think that anyone else who isn't as pissed as I am at this situation isn't a true skins fan.
If you're frustrated with their lack of use, then yeah I'm pissed too. But I don't see why Cooley doesn't count, yes he's not a WR, but he does everything they do and more. Isn't a TE just a bigger, tougher, slower WR? Also, don't start playing the, "you're not a skins fan!" card. That doesn't work. Ever.
LMsexyAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #13
BeastsoftheNFCeast
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMsexyAO View Post
If you're frustrated with their lack of use, then yeah I'm pissed too. But I don't see why Cooley doesn't count, yes he's not a WR, but he does everything they do and more. Isn't a TE just a bigger, tougher, slower WR? Also, don't start playing the, "you're not a skins fan!" card. That doesn't work. Ever.
TE's are not the same as WR's, they don't catch as well, if any WR dropped as many passes as Cooley, he wouldn't make it on any roster next season. Also WR's spread the field more, have more deep plays designed to them, are better route runners, and any other difference you can think of. If TE's were the same as WR's, then why would any team have WR's if the TE's can block also? Also, the "you're not a skins fan!" card works every time, lol.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #14
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Exactly how many passes get thrown his way? I gotta disagree here. It's not his fault we don't have anyone to get the ball to him. I can recall one, maybe two he has dropped.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #15
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Lloyd has played mediocre. He has show alot of potential, and I think he's a better WR than ARE.

I am dissappointed with the lack of production from our receiving corps as a whole. I don't, however, think change needs to be made. Let them stick together and gel.