Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Training Camp: Who's going!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-20-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Training Camp: Who's going!

Hey Guys,

Training camp starts a week from today and I'm just curious who's going and when. My day off, Wednesday, only has one training camp day. Maybe I'll try to make one of the other afternoon dates if there's a day lots of people are going!

Right now, I'm just going the last day, August 8th.

Advertisements
Old 07-20-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Re: Training Camp: Who's going!

I won't be able to make it again this year. I hopw you will give us all an update Daseal.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
bridaman51
Special Teams

Training Camp Question

I have not been to a training camp in about 8 years (since I moved to Virginia). I have two kids now and we are planning on going to the August 3rd. Training camp. I just need some overall help to those who go (parking, best view, those type of things). I was also wondering how hard is it to get autographs? My kids would love it if players came and signed their footballs, or jersey or whatever. I also would like to get a Portis Jersey I have autographed to put in my room. How hard is it to get that? I am assuming it probably would be impossible but any info would be great. I remember going as a kid when I lived in Maryland and always got good autographs (one year I got the whole posse to sign a poster of the three of them) and would love for my kids to expierence that also.

Thanks for the help
Brian
bridaman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #4
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Training Camp Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridaman51 View Post
I have not been to a training camp in about 8 years (since I moved to Virginia). I have two kids now and we are planning on going to the August 3rd. Training camp. I just need some overall help to those who go (parking, best view, those type of things). I was also wondering how hard is it to get autographs? My kids would love it if players came and signed their footballs, or jersey or whatever. I also would like to get a Portis Jersey I have autographed to put in my room. How hard is it to get that? I am assuming it probably would be impossible but any info would be great. I remember going as a kid when I lived in Maryland and always got good autographs (one year I got the whole posse to sign a poster of the three of them) and would love for my kids to expierence that also.

Thanks for the help
Brian
I'm going to merge this with Daseal's thread about Training Camp
Old 07-20-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Re: Training Camp Question

Quote:

Thanks for the help
Brian
well, i am sure some little kids would love autographs from any player. But kids that are a bit older and realize who are good players might have trouble getting high profile autographs and definitely would have trouble talking to them. Big name players have hundreds of people pushing up to a gate to get autographs. They can't get them all and being upfront in one of those things has to suck because everyone is pushing behind you. Now the best thing you can probably do is pick out a spot on the fense near the players exit off the field. As they walk by you can call out to them. Now if you want you can run around like everyone else. What people do is this... THey see clinton signing something and run over there but by the time they are there there are hundreds of people in front. Then they are like, ok i have no shot at this and run over to sean taylor, and then the same thing happens again.

Now it isn't impossible if you don't have a problem pushing people away to get an autograph. I have many autographs so i don't run around for them. HOwever, when a player that i don't have is signing i want it that much more. Like last year i wanted A.R.E's because he was a new player. I got it but i had to push a lot. What i do is stand at the gate and hope someone comes to me. Don't get me wrong though-> that is just big name players. A lot of smaller name players sign autographs and line the gate there and you can get quite a few. Also Joe Gibbs signs down the entire sideline of fans. He'll sign about 1/2 of the people. It is the only place i have been able to get a Joe Gibbs autograph. Training camp is the best place to get autographs. Good luck.

Also, parking doesn't matter. Its not going to affect autographs. Its lots of fun and there are enough workers there to help you out if you don't know where to go or something. Otherwise just follow the crowd.
---------------------

I went to training camp last year for my first time and was hooked. I went to 7 of the 8 practices. I think i'll get out of work at 3:30 or 4 to hit up the training camps that are at 5 on some days. I'll make it to 5 or 6 this year... hopefully. I might be only able to make it to 2. I can't f...ing wait

Sorry if this whole post was extremely disorganized. I was doing this and other things at the same time and it took me a while to write because i would write a line and then turn my head to something else. So if it doesn't make any sense...sorry.
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #6
bridaman51
Special Teams

Thank You very much. I really just want my Portis Jersey signed to put on my wall. I have quite a few autographs but they are all of older skins. I would love to put my throwback autographed jersey next to my autgraphed Theismann jersey in my room. I got the kids thos footballs with the white on them for the players to sign and you are right they will enjoy any autograph, but they are aware of their favorite players, Moss, Portis, Cooley, Taylor, and I have started teaching them about Campbell.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #7
enel
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Thank You very much. I really just want my Portis Jersey signed to put on my wall. I have quite a few autographs but they are all of older skins. I would love to put my throwback autographed jersey next to my autgraphed Theismann jersey in my room. I got the kids thos footballs with the white on them for the players to sign and you are right they will enjoy any autograph, but they are aware of their favorite players, Moss, Portis, Cooley, Taylor, and I have started teaching them about Campbell.
Good Luck Bridaman51... I hope you and your kids are fortunate enough to get some good ones...

I am down in Va Beach and took my 3 year old son to the Beach Blitz this year... We got Dexter Manley's on a SB XXII Banner. Other than that we got some new guys and Kedric Golston on a white ball... I had to bring my boy home after about 3 hours shortly after Gary Clark showed up... I would have loved to get his....

I also got Jason Campell's autograph on a couple of balls a few weeks ago at a Circuit City Grand Opening... I am very impressed with this guy. I think he will do great things... Man-I sure hope so... He seems like a great person.

Good Luck and enjoy...
Old 07-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Parking: Free and easy. Show up and they park you in a large field. Don't take the Rolls Royce, it's a little bumpy.

Autographs: Since Gibbs took over training camp kinda sucks. Spurrier let you stand on the far side of the fields by the woods. That way people could bring chairs and you could see really well. Gibbs roped off a much smaller area so you're stuck standing and missing a lot of the action. If you want autographs, get there early and on the far left rope near all the tents and such is probably your best bet to get autographs. That's one of the routes they take to the locker room if they feel like signing autographs.

Just a word to the wise, that Ade Jimoh autograph is hard to get.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #9
70Chip
Playmaker

I will be there, but I'm not sure which day yet. 70Chip Sr. and 70Chip III will be along again this year.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #10
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
I will be there, but I'm not sure which day yet. 70Chip Sr. and 70Chip III will be along again this year.
Not taking your old man or son to training camp? Bummer. Wish I could go, but too far to drive all the way from Allen Park MI.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:42 AM   #11
Skinsfan1967
Special Teams

I plan on being there this Friday and Sunday, Fan Appreciation Day.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #12
bridaman51
Special Teams

Hey I have another question. How hard is it to get Joe Gibbs autograph? I would love to get it on a football but heard he does not sign much. Is this true?
Old 07-30-2007, 12:01 PM   #13
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Hey I have another question. How hard is it to get Joe Gibbs autograph? I would love to get it on a football but heard he does not sign much. Is this true?
easy. Stay by the left near the exit to the facility and he signs everyone lined up as he walks out. Just get on the gate and he walks by signing over and over. Doesn't talk much but signs as much as possible. He gets about 50% of people.
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #14
bridaman51
Special Teams

I am not familar with the facility will it be easy for me to tell? I will be there early and probably stay late if I dont get it early.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #15
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

You more or less have one good chance for autographs that I've seen. Get there early, go to the left corner as you come in right against the gate, and don't move from that spot the entire time. If he doesn't come by or misses you, standing around most likely won't do you any good.