Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

sam bradford

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
skinster
Impact Rookie

sam bradford

I really just don't get how there is not more talk about this kid. I know its recognized that he's good, but I really don't think he gets credit for just how good he is. IMO he is having the best rookie season for a qb since I've been alive. The kid had mark Clayton on pace for 1200 yards, 88 rec, and 8 tds before he got hurt. He has no support on offense whatsoever. The rams arguably had the worst receiving corp in the league BEFORE 3 of his top 4 receivers got placed on IR. He has a second round rookie protecting his weak side, and a 30 year old career backup guard starting on his strong side (he has. He is not getting support from a running game that averages 3.8 yards per carry and only has 7 tds. And he has no tight end.

Even when facing all this adversity, he still has the best rookie numbers I have witnessed during my lifetime I know you could argue matt ryan's were better, but I have to disagree because I believe Ryan's low td total is indicative of him not being relied upon to carry the team. Plus matt ryan had roddy white, mike jenkins, michael turner's best year ever, and the same O-line he has now plus todd weiner.
I'd even go as far as to say that his year is comparable to Brady's 2001 year, and if the rams can put a talented team around him (which I don't think they will), they will win multiple superbowls.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote