Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Recent Video Games

Parking Lot

Old 03-02-2005, 12:45 AM   #1
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Recent Video Games

So what games is everyone playing right now? I'm playing MVP 05, Zelda Minish Cap, Champions of Norrath, and I just beat Mercenaries. I can't wait though for God of War and to get my hands on my PSP. This is sad but I couldn't stop holding a display box of one earlier today, lol. anyone else picking one up or already got one imported?
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2005, 12:56 AM   #2
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Recent Video Games

looking forward to Guild Wars, messing with KoTOR 2 now... both good games if you like rpgs or whatnot.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:00 AM   #3
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

yeah I got to the end of KOTOR 2 and while I liked playing it, I just didn't have the drive to finish the last fight after I tried it once. I think part of it is cuz I heard the ending was kind of dissapointing. Jade Empires looks pretty kewl especially with the element of adding kung fu to the gameplay of the first KOTOR and supposedly more options on how u enfluence and effect how the game plays and eventually ends. Guild Wars sounds and looks pretty kewl especially not having to pay $10-15 a month so I can play the game I OWN.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:17 AM   #4
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Worlds of Warcraft and Myth II

Myth II was made by the same guys that make Halo, Bungie. The game was given to the community by Bungie when MS bought them out. If you're interested in playing, and it's a great game (I've been playing for 8 years in November) let me know and I can get you a free copy. www.playmyth.net is the community site.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:23 AM   #5
That Guy
Living Legend

yeah, i bought a boxed collectors edition copy of myth 2 for linux for $2 unopened

I played WoW, its a prettier EQ, but once you cap it totally sucks.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:26 AM   #6
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

anyone heard about the D&D MMORPG? it's about time they finally did one but I haven't seen or heard much about it.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:17 AM   #7
That Guy
Living Legend

the first mmorpg were D&D (neverwinter nights and some dark sun one...) of course they weren't very pretty...
Old 03-02-2005, 11:19 AM   #8
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
the first mmorpg were D&D (neverwinter nights and some dark sun one...) of course they weren't very pretty...
Neverwinter nights is like EQ or WOW?
Old 03-02-2005, 07:37 PM   #9
That Guy
Living Legend

no, theres a newer game called neverwinter nights that lets you sorta build your own adventures or something... the first one was a compuserve online game in the 1980s that looked like the old gold box games... 320x200 16 color gfx, super pixelated etc...
Old 03-03-2005, 01:36 AM   #10
redrock-skins
Impact Rookie

MLB 2k5 for me and not much else. Online play is pretty good and they cracked down on cheaters pretty good this year.

I like that when the Yankees are at home, the crowd does the "role call" in the first inning.
Also they have various stadium announcers at some point in the game say in the backround that "...attention everyone, anyone caught talking with a cell phone and waving to the camera like an idiot will be ejected and arrested" or something like that.

I want to try MVP soon.
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:53 AM   #11
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

when i'm playing (i get maybe an hour a week, if that), it's usually March Madness '05 lately...i'll pop in Tiger Woods to get a golf kick...and once i trade in for MVP, i'll be playing that...how does RFK look in the game? i might have to use the Nats in a dynasty

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:40 PM   #12
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

That_Guy - WoW has yet to add high end content. Once they do it should be somewhat exciting.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #13
That Guy
Living Legend

daseal - maybe, but they shouldn't have released something so unfinished... that and requiring 2000+ hours (not shitting you, literally 2000+ hours) to get a full set of the high end gear is beyond retarded. Its a frustrating waste of time because it seems pointless to waste time getting better items so you can have an eassier time getting better items that dont even exist yet.

battlegrounds sounds alright, but its just like a crappier version of what guild wars has right now for free... otoh i've maxed 4-5 characters now, so if you're looking to buy one
Old 03-03-2005, 03:37 PM   #14
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Nah - mine will be maxxed soon enough. Only been playing on this server for about 5 days and I'm level 20. Not bad for a Warrior.

All MMO's release their games without them being finished. Problem is they're never finished. They have to be able to see how the classes balance out in order for them to design high end content. They also need to make sure they have some sort of balance before designing roles in high end encounters. MMOs are all about getting loot so you can more easily get more loot. WoW made leveling too easy and should have included a death penelty. It would make the game a bit more fair, in my opinion.

I think it has plenty of potential, but it has a ways to go. It's simply a dumbed down version of Everquest right now.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:55 PM   #15
That Guy
Living Legend

yeah, asheron's call was the best mmorpg ever, but its so so very old now... I hated EQ, and since this is basically the same thing, i'm not super hot on it either... AC never had a lack of high level content, even when it took 15+ months for the first person to cap... and they also removed the cap...