Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

On to the Vikings (Pregame)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-07-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

On to the Vikings (Pregame)

Huge game once again, basically a must win for us if we want to keep up with Dallas (who should beat ATL).

Viks defense is top 5 in scoring D, they are tough and have as good a secondary as it gets.

If we can get our stars back healthy, I think we can take them. We need the fans to actually show up this time. I want to see Doc get at least 10 targets, he has proven to be a clutch catcher in tough spots.

I am drinking some Koolaid but I'm gonna say SKins win with a late INT by Josh, 24-20.

Cousins 280 yards 3 td 1 int

Advertisements
Old 11-07-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: On to the Vikings (Pregame)

If we don't turn the ball over and stop Diggs from making huge chunk plays, we win.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:12 PM   #3
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Also, they have a good tight end, so that will be something to watch. I'm just assuming he's catching at least 1 TD this game.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #4
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Last week I had my scores backwards so I'll try again this week. Skins have another solid game and have a nice victory at home. Skins 27 Vikings 14. My daughter (a skins fan) will be at the game her new husband who is a Viking fan. I give him a break as he is in the navy and from Minnesota. This is the game our WR's have a break out game.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:21 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Their combo on the right side of the Defensive Line is the best in league by far and its not close....DE Griffen and DT Joseph....

So they would be matched up against Clemmons and Kujo.

Their D safety pair is also top 3 in the league.

We need to get people back on the Oline and pass catchers or we lose.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
over the mountain
Playmaker

A larger settlement was planted in Newfoundland in 1010 by the Viking leader Thorfinn Karlsefni. Nearly 150 Norsemen including families established a colony near the previous settlement at what is today known as L’Anse aux Meadows. During their three years in Newfoundland, the party faced the constant threat of attack by Skraeling warriors. So great was the danger posed by the aboriginals, Karlsefni forbid his men from trading swords or armour locals on the few occasions that a truce could be negotiated.

It seemed even the smallest provocation could touch off a battle. According to Viking accounts, one native raid was precipitated when a bull escaped from captivity in the Norse camp. Native warriors were terrified by the animal, the likes of which they had never seen, and attacked the settlement. Two Vikings were killed in the ensuing melee.

“Despite everything the land had to offer there, they would be under constant threat of attack from its prior inhabitants,” recorded one Norseman. [3] The colony was eventually abandoned. Europeans would not settle again anywhere in North American until the late 15th century.

-----------------

I did not know that Nordics had tried to set up settlements in the USA before Christopher Columbus "discovered" the USA ... apparently Leif Erickson was banned form Greenland so he sailed west.
Also read somewhere else that "skraeling" may mean "skin wearers"
Old 11-07-2017, 03:36 PM   #7
Meks
Pro Bowl

lmao
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #8
Jayroc24
Special Teams

When is TW and the rest of the Oline supposed to be back in action?
I thought they were getting close...
Jayroc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #9
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post

a larger settlement was planted in newfoundland in 1010 by the viking leader thorfinn karlsefni. Nearly 150 norsemen including families established a colony near the previous settlement at what is today known as l’anse aux meadows. During their three years in newfoundland, the party faced the constant threat of attack by skraeling warriors. So great was the danger posed by the aboriginals, karlsefni forbid his men from trading swords or armour locals on the few occasions that a truce could be negotiated.

It seemed even the smallest provocation could touch off a battle. According to viking accounts, one native raid was precipitated when a bull escaped from captivity in the norse camp. Native warriors were terrified by the animal, the likes of which they had never seen, and attacked the settlement. Two vikings were killed in the ensuing melee.

“despite everything the land had to offer there, they would be under constant threat of attack from its prior inhabitants,” recorded one norseman. [3] the colony was eventually abandoned. Europeans would not settle again anywhere in north american until the late 15th century.

-----------------

i did not know that nordics had tried to set up settlements in the usa before christopher columbus "discovered" the usa ... Apparently leif erickson was banned form greenland so he sailed west.
Also read somewhere else that "skraeling" may mean "skin wearers"
wtf???? Lol!!!!
Old 11-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #10
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Skraeling 20, Norsemen 16
Old 11-07-2017, 10:51 PM   #11
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Vikings were struggling w/ the Browns. They play in a dome and it's a road game for them. They also have Case Keenum and we need to get after him. If we protect the ball on offense and get the same performance we had from our d last Sun we can win this game.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:33 AM   #12
Schneed10
A Dude

I think they're beatable, it's one of the flimsiest 6-2 records I've ever seen:

Week 1: W at home over New Orleans, 29-19 Good win, but Bradford was healthy and played lights out.

Week 2: L at the Steelers, 26-9 Got blown the F out in an outdoor away game.

Week 3: W at home over Tampa, 34-17 We didn't know it at the time, but Tampa sucks.

Week 4: L at home against Detroit 14-7 Detroit's solid, but not great. That's some shitty offense by Min.

Week 5: W at Chicago, 20-17 A win outdoors, but congratulations you beat the Bears.

Week 6: W at home over Green Bay 23-10 Aaron Rodgers gets hurt early and that's all she wrote. If he doesn't get hurt?

Week 7: W at home over Baltimore 24-16 Baltimore's not terrible, but not good.

Week 8: W at Cleveland 33-16 It's the Browns, I mean come on.

Week 9: Bye

The most impressive fact on that list is week 9, the bye. They're coming back well rested. But otherwise I'm not impressed with their 6-2 record.

I think we win, 20-17.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:43 AM   #13
over the mountain
Playmaker

Gruden said two of Kirk Cousins’s favorite targets have been making progress. Both tight end Jordan Reed and receiver Jamison Crowder missed Sunday’s game, but Gruden said both are improving and he considers them day-to-day.

“We’re hoping some of them come back, but we’re not sure,” Gruden said. “They’re all day to day. … It’ll be great to get at least one back, maybe two; maybe three would be outstanding. I know when they’re all back and healthy, we’re a little bit better offense than we are without them — that’s for sure.”

Gruden said he’s hopeful center Spencer Long, guard Brandon Scherff and tackle Ty Nsekhe can increase their workloads this week. Guard Shaun Lauvao is improving, and tackle Trent Williams is still day-to-day.

“We’ll see how he’s doing with the pain tolerance,” Gruden said of Williams.

Tight end Vernon Davis left Sunday’s game with a hand contusion, but the Redskins are optimistic he’ll be ready to go this week.
----------------------------

Gruden on injuries back on Monday. Hope to hear an update today or tomorrow. Sounds like Long, Scherff and Nsekhe were lmiited but practiced some last week so it would be awesome if those 3 could go on Sunday.

Sunday weather in DC is 50s and cloudy. No rain rest of week and sunny/cloudy Fri, Sat and Sunday.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:45 AM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Minny offense isn't great...they have a couple underrated WR but nothing that strikes fear....there is opportunity to get to the QB all over their Oline...but especially the inside.

This could be another defensive struggle...I think our Defense will be playing extremely confident based on last week's performance. Josh Norman makes a huge difference being on the field.

We really need at least 2 people back on the Oline...that defense front 7 of Minny is real deal.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #15
metalskins
The Starter

If Scherff and Long are at least back, I think our offense works a little better. Hopefully Ty can at least make a go of it if Silverback can't. Norman most definitely makes a big difference!