Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2021, 11:09 AM   #286
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 16,199
Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
1% is still a lot. Assuming 350M that is 3.5 million racists running around. Not a small number.

I'd rather be maybe too optimistic that less of us are racist than in your world where you are so jaded about people. And classify 100% of certain people as racists without actually knowing them personally.

It isn’t an optimistic or pessimistic thing SD it is a reality check thing. If it were that easy i would just wish all the scum away with positive chi. Lol.

Way more than 1 out of 100 people I know are racist. I know them. I hear it. I see it. I have distanced myself from all of them. But my original comment was confederate flag wavers are racist. Not people in general. That is 100 out of 100. So go on believing that most of the people waving confederate flags around are not racist. Lol. Its your prerogative. Mine is that all people waving confederate flags around are. As i stated prior maybe they are oblivious to what that flag stands for. I find that hard to believe but ill give them some wiggle room in order for myself not to he so black and white about the issue. Maybe they will read about the confederate flag and say oh man this is offensive to blacks. I really cannot remember ever seeing a black person with one on their lawn or their truck. That alone should telL u all u need to know about what that flag means. Maybe the people waving it around are the ones who need to educate themselves and rethink what it is they are waving around. If you want to call me jaded for that go ahead. I call myself aware.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-12-2021, 11:16 AM   #287
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,759
Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It isn’t an optimistic or pessimistic thing SD it is a reality check thing. If it were that easy i would just wish all the scum away with positive chi. Lol.

Way more than 1 out of 100 people I know are racist. I know them. I hear it. I see it. I have distanced myself from all of them. But my original comment was confederate flag wavers are racist. Not people in general. That is 100 out of 100. So go on believing that most of the people waving confederate flags around are not racist. Lol. Its your prerogative. Mine is that all people waving confederate flags around are. As i stated prior maybe they are oblivious to what that flag standa for. Maybe they are the ones who need to educate themselves and rethink what it is they are waving around. If you want to call me jaded for that go ahead. I call myself aware.
This will be my last post on the subject. Just a reminder to how I answered the question:

Do I think every single American that has a confederate flag is hateful/racist? No

Do I think there are a lot of racists that use the confederate flag to show their racism? Yes


Didn't say most people that waived them weren't racist, just said not all of them are.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 11:20 AM   #288
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 16,199
Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This will be my last post on the subject. Just a reminder to how I answered the question:

Do I think every single American that has a confederate flag is hateful/racist? No

Do I think there are a lot of racists that use the confederate flag to show their racism? Yes


Didn't say most people that waived them weren't racist, just said not all of them are.

Well don’t leave out the fact that i am jaded because i think if you wave a confederate flag around you are racist, or that you think one percent of the worlds population is racist. Those are pretty important statements in regards to the topic at hand. Enjoy your weekend and thank you for posting during normal business hours. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 11:28 AM   #289
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,759
Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well don’t leave out the fact that i am jaded because i think if you wave a confederate flag around you are racist, or that you think one percent of the worlds population is racist. Those are pretty important statements in regards to the topic at hand. Enjoy your weekend and thank you for posting during normal business hours. Lol.
Haha, you're welcome. You have a good weekend too.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 03:30 PM   #290
nonniey
Special Teams
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 106
Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Lol. You think only 1 percent of the population is racist? Um. Ok. Can i live in your world SD? I think not only do you completely misunderstand me, but it appears as if you are completely misunderstanding the entire world around you….
I will try to “care” more and understand why people wave the confederate flag around. My bad for being so close minded.

I think Bill Maher hits the nail on the head here. You have "progressophobia."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._sickness.html
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 03:34 PM   #291
nonniey
Special Teams
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 106
Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well don’t leave out the fact that i am jaded because i think if you wave a confederate flag around you are racist, or that you think one percent of the worlds population is racist. Those are pretty important statements in regards to the topic at hand. Enjoy your weekend and thank you for posting during normal business hours. Lol.
Actually got to agree with you (with limited exceptions - ie reenactors) almost everyone that waives a confederate flag around nowadays are likely racists.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 04:01 PM   #292
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 16,199
Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I think Bill Maher hits the nail on the head here. You have "progressophobia."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._sickness.html

Lol. Big fan. But me saying more than 1 percent of the worlds population is racist hardly makes me woke or a progressive.
Do I think we have a long way to go? Yes.
Do I think we have come a long way already. Yes.

I really do not subscribe to any one ideology. Too much ground to cover, and too many gray areas to put myself in a box. In todays world if you are not a loyal Trump supporter than you must be a woke libtard. I think Trump is absolute trash in more than one way, but im also not all about liberal values because I feel that way. There are plenty of conservatives and republicans that think the same about the Donald. He is obviously polarizing, and happens to currently align himself with the right. So on the flip side of being anti Trump and not a full blown progressive- there are Trump supporters that are not racists. However the more this guy opens his mouth and the more you continue to support him the harder it becomes to differentiate you with the racist trump supporters. I mean at what point does someone say “i can no longer stand behind this guy and feel like im not part of the problem?”
Until people start flying Biden flags instead of American ones there really is no other side to this. This phenomenon with one man controlling what so many believe is new, at least in this country.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:56 PM   #293
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27,909
Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I think Bill Maher hits the nail on the head here. You have "progressophobia."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._sickness.html
Bill knocks it out the park when he frames it perfectly. Bravo. If you disagree you are a clown
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

“The game plan is what the game plan will be”
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 09:12 PM   #294
nonniey
Special Teams
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 106
Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

[QUOTE=punch it in;1285012]Lol. Big fan. But me saying more than 1 percent of the worlds population is racist hardly makes me woke or a progressive.
Do I think we have a long way to go? Yes.
Do I think we have come a long way already. Yes.

........

Yet you champion CRT on this board which is the focus of Maher's criticism in this piece. Maher believes CRT is racist itself. He highlights CRT's rejection of Martin Luther King's teachings and its' support for the return of segregation.

As for Trump you are preaching to the choir with me.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 12:01 AM   #295
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 16,199
Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

[QUOTE=nonniey;1285017]
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Lol. Big fan. But me saying more than 1 percent of the worlds population is racist hardly makes me woke or a progressive.
Do I think we have a long way to go? Yes.
Do I think we have come a long way already. Yes.

........

Yet you champion CRT on this board which is the focus of Maher's criticism in this piece. Maher believes CRT is racist itself. He highlights CRT's rejection of Martin Luther King's teachings and its' support for the return of segregation.

As for Trump you are preaching to the choir with me.

I can be a fan and not agree with every single thing he says. Im also not championing anything. What I have stated more than once is what it was intended to be and what the right has twisted it into are two different things. And saying it rejects MLK, and supports segregation is quite a way to decipher it. I think the biggest problem with CRT is all the far right politicians like Ron fucking Johnson who are trying to deflect racism to the left by using CRT is …..wait for it …. they don’t understand CRT.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 12:56 AM   #296
nonniey
Special Teams
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 106
Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

[quote=punch it in;1285018]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post


I can be a fan and not agree with every single thing he says. Im also not championing anything. What I have stated more than once is what it was intended to be and what the right has twisted it into are two different things. And saying it rejects MLK, and supports segregation is quite a way to decipher it. I think the biggest problem with CRT is all the far right politicians like Ron fucking Johnson who are trying to deflect racism to the left by using CRT is …..wait for it …. they don’t understand CRT.
People were criticizing CRT for the reasons stated by Maher, before the Trumpsters noticed it (Which unfortunately activated Trump anti-bodies causing people to support something they otherwise wouldn't).

And yes it does explicitly reject a color blind society (MLKs dream). CRT is very clear that a person should be judged on the color of their skin not the content of their character (the exact opposite of what MLK envisioned). And there are numerous examples of graduations and other events being segregated in the name of CRT (even at least one proposed establishment of a community as well).

Last edited by nonniey; 06-13-2021 at 02:24 AM.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 12:21 PM   #297
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 16,199
Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

[QUOTE=nonniey;1285019]
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post

People were criticizing CRT for the reasons stated by Maher, before the Trumpsters noticed it (Which unfortunately activated Trump anti-bodies causing people to support something they otherwise wouldn't).

And yes it does explicitly reject a color blind society (MLKs dream). CRT is very clear that a person should be judged on the color of their skin not the content of their character (the exact opposite of what MLK envisioned). And there are numerous examples of graduations and other events being segregated in the name of CRT (even at least one proposed establishment of a community as well).

A color blind society is obviously the end game, but since that is unattainable there has to be a plan B that will eventually take us there. That leaves the plan vulnerable to interpretation and you get versions that fit people’s narratives. It does not change the intention though.

Trump antibodies is hilarious btw. Never heard that one so I will give you credit for it. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 12:27 PM   #298
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 16,199
Fresh Start Political Thread

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/c...l-race-theory/

You can just read the last paragraph. It is exactly what is happening. The far right is afraid of what MLK envisioned so they have distorted CRT to the point that people hear it from either side and think it is counter productive, essentially killing it from becoming what it was intended to become. Like i have said time and time again, the far right has one goal in mind … leave well enough (for rich white people) alone. Fear tactics (ie the caravan at the border, the “inner city” folks coming for your suburban utopia), attacking CRT or anything else that dare address the problem.

“Most of all, CRT demands challenging the status quo of racial inequality that has persisted for far too long in this nation and exploring how the law and lawyers can help to finally upend it.”

Aka it is trying to erase the “leave well enough alone” problem. It is not and has not been well enough for too many for too long.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 04:02 PM   #299
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,759
Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

[quote=punch it in;1285022]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post


A color blind society is obviously the end game, but since that is unattainable there has to be a plan B that will eventually take us there. That leaves the plan vulnerable to interpretation and you get versions that fit people’s narratives. It does not change the intention though.

Trump antibodies is hilarious btw. Never heard that one so I will give you credit for it. Lol.
If G1 laughs at this, I'll vote for Biden in 2024. That's a lie. But I won't for a republican candidate.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.15787 seconds with 11 queries