Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

sleepers and busts for 2010

Fantasy Football

Old 07-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
MTK
\m/

sleepers and busts for 2010

Matthew Berry's sleepers and busts for the 2010 fantasy football season - Fantasy Football - ESPN

Advertisements
Old 07-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: sleepers and busts for 2010

I like the points he brings up about the Chicago players...but I still wouldnt 'love' any of those guys, but look for value in later rounds. I disagree with the Raiders opinions though.

I strongly agree with him on Mike Wallace, Ryan Mathews, Jamaal Charles, Shonn Greene, Malcome Floyd, and Cooley. You should get great value with all these guys.

I really disagree with him hating on Matty Ice and Desean Jackson. Desean and Kolb already have the great chemistry and Desean has already said Kolb will be an upgrade of McNabb. Matty Ice has an easier schedule and I think he will have a better defense on the other side of the ball. Im up in the air who will be better Matty or Flacco, cause I think both could reach that next level this year.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

Yeah I think Matt Ryan could be in for a big year after a somewhat disappointing 2nd season.

I don't agree with him on Brandon Marshall. If he got 100+ catches with limp armed Orton I think he will be just fine with a player on the rise like Henne tossing him the rock.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

I don't really try to predict what kind of value will be where when I draft, because each one is usually different. I've had drafts where the Bills DST went with the 1st pick, and others where the first 15 picks were all RBs. It's just too hard to predict, so I just take value as it appears during the draft and let the rest play itself out. IMO one of the most important things to being successful is making good free agent pickups early in the season.

That said, I can't really agree with him on Reggie Wayne. You can't avoid him because you think the Colts will sit their starters week 16, and you can't say now that he's a poor selection in the second round. Depending on your draft he might be the player with the most value at your spot in the 2nd. Maybe, maybe not. Just have to wait and see.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I like the points he brings up about the Chicago players...but I still wouldnt 'love' any of those guys, but look for value in later rounds. I disagree with the Raiders opinions though.

I strongly agree with him on Mike Wallace, Ryan Mathews, Jamaal Charles, Shonn Greene, Malcome Floyd, and Cooley. You should get great value with all these guys.

I really disagree with him hating on Matty Ice and Desean Jackson. Desean and Kolb already have the great chemistry and Desean has already said Kolb will be an upgrade of McNabb. Matty Ice has an easier schedule and I think he will have a better defense on the other side of the ball. Im up in the air who will be better Matty or Flacco, cause I think both could reach that next level this year.
I fully understand what your point is here but really think about it, what would you expect a guy like Desean to say about the guy who is going to be tossing him the ball? If Desean is smart he is not going to speak down about the team that drafted him nor about the new QB. If Kolb did suck for real and Desean even tryed to call a spade a spade, the media would be right there saying that he has a bad attitude, not a team player, and comes with baggage...
Old 07-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
I fully understand what your point is here but really think about it, what would you expect a guy like Desean to say about the guy who is going to be tossing him the ball? If Desean is smart he is not going to speak down about the team that drafted him nor about the new QB. If Kolb did suck for real and Desean even tryed to call a spade a spade, the media would be right there saying that he has a bad attitude, not a team player, and comes with baggage...
Very true, I just expect little fall off from his fantasy value with McNabb gone. Desean takes it to the house on Punt/Kickoff returns, reverses, as well as big pass plays. When it come to big playmaker, he is among the best in league. I think if your looking at a very early WR ranking (fantasy value), put him like around 5...in PPR league maybe a little lower.

He Gets Us
Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

A good quote from the article:
"My colleague Christopher Harris is fond of saying this, but it bears repeating: Speed guys who consistently need big plays for their fantasy value are a risky proposition."
Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
A good quote from the article:
"My colleague Christopher Harris is fond of saying this, but it bears repeating: Speed guys who consistently need big plays for their fantasy value are a risky proposition."
Yeah I agree. Let's say he pulls a hammy and is able to play but at less than 100%. That would definitely impact his production as he's not much of a possession guy. Speed guys can be all or nothing.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #9
GMScud
Swearinger

I fully agree with his Devin Aromashodu pick. He's this year's Miles Austin in that Mike Martz offense.

I will now use this as another opportunity for me to gloat over picking Austin as my sleeper for the 2009 season. Skinny Tee still hasn't given me credit for that one.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:11 AM   #10
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

lol I don't follow a lot of other teams but after watching a TON of the Cowboys in 2008 I also predicted Miles.. it just seemed that he couldn't do much wrong and did a lot right

haven't had enough of a reason to watch Aromashodu to know.. wish I could get more into the fantasy game and full league scouting but working retail really messes up your weekend followings
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:12 AM   #11
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Just think...Devin was once a Redskin. Oh well, so was Anthony Mix once
Old 07-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah I agree. Let's say he pulls a hammy and is able to play but at less than 100%. That would definitely impact his production as he's not much of a possession guy. Speed guys can be all or nothing.
True, but Desean value where was drafted last year was very good. Im thinking he will still have a solid year.

This year you can look to a similiar player with maybe more upside depending a little if Farve is playing which ill "go out on limb" and say he will be back, Percy Harvin. Dude can score from anywhere, punt return, reverses, etc. Him and Sidney Rice make for IMO the most exciting WR duo. Its fun watching them play...Farve and AP not too bad either watching

He Gets Us
Old 07-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #13
Mechanix544
The Starter

I think Crabtree is going to have a huge season, and I also think that whoever drafts Cooley in their respective leagues is in for a huge fantasy season in terms of points. Most rankings have him at 11th or 12th among tight ends. That makes for a HUGE quality pick in the lower rounds. He is gonna have a career season this year, mark it down.

I also think that Larry Johnson will be our starting tailback at the season opener, and will have over 1100 yards this year, with 10+ TD's. Another low round gem. Portis should be avoided, in the middle to later rounds, if anything.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:16 PM   #14
johnrigginsrevived
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah I think Matt Ryan could be in for a big year after a somewhat disappointing 2nd season.

I don't agree with him on Brandon Marshall. If he got 100+ catches with limp armed Orton I think he will be just fine with a player on the rise like Henne tossing him the rock.
I'm with you on the Marshall front, HOWEVER, I do understand the logic. Marshall is coming off of off-season surgery, is in a new environment, and not exactly on a team that was as pass-happy as Denver tended to be in 09'.

At the same time, it's very arguable that Henne is already set to be better than Orton, and with a more balanced offense, Marshall could be even more explosive.

Not sure he'll get his fourth straight 100+ reception season with PPR demon Davone Bess snagging targets, but we'll see.

I'd still take Marshall as my WR2 and wouldn't blink.
johnrigginsrevived is offline   Reply With Quote